PDA

View Full Version : Who do you trust to buy fish on the net?

BIGFOOT
02-06-2006, 07:34 PM
I went to my local breeder( which will remain name less)and was not impressed at all. Some of the fish should have been culls and weren't. The ones that did look nice were to costly for a first timer. So i open to some good ideals about how to buy fish on the net. There are some many of them that i don't which is good or bad. HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!

RyanH
02-06-2006, 07:46 PM
Hi Brian,

Any of the sponsors here will do well for you. I personally have bought fish from Discus KC and Dan Villasenor (gulfcoastdiscus.com) in the last year and was pleased with both transactions.

hth
-Ryan

BIGFOOT
02-06-2006, 08:01 PM
Thanks Ryan!!!!

Butt i would like to hear from as many as possible before i make my decision.

Ryan
02-06-2006, 08:02 PM
I got angelfish from Al (brewmaster15) and they're wonderful :) I also got discus from him a couple years ago that I was very pleased with. Luckily Al didn't know how to measure. He said they were 2.5" - 3" but I think they were closer to 3.5". He has some wilds now, but I'm not sure about domestics.

Browse our Sponsors section... who knows, maybe someone is close to you?

Ryan

Kindredspirit
02-06-2006, 08:57 PM
I got some discus from Dan @ Gulf Coast Discus for being an angel that I am not! lol!!

But I love them as they are so friendly and very cool! And Dan isnt so bad himself either~ (:D )

Marie~http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_68.gif

Ardan
02-06-2006, 10:03 PM
Hi,
Personally I got some discus from Cary at Gld a couple times over 2 yrs ago and was very happy. He currently is mostly working with a few strains more as a hobby.

Recently I got some discus from Al (Brewmaster15) and am very happy. He not only has wilds but quite a few domestics. I received very healthy fish, nice shapes and colors and much more than I could have imagined:) :)

Ardan

wolfbane
02-06-2006, 10:49 PM
Just bought my second batch of fish from GulfCoastDiscus, Daniel Villasenor, a great seller. He is always helpful, and knowledgable, I wish I had room for more!!

Tad
02-06-2006, 11:42 PM
I have bought from the following on the "net" and all have provided not only excellent service (before and after sale), but excellent/healthy specimens ;).

Domestics:
Cary "Great Lakes Discus"
Cliff "Cliffs Discus"

Wilds:
Al "CTdiscus.com" or "Wilddiscus.com"
Alberto "Aquatechnics"
Oliver "Below Water"

JME,
Tad

Jeff
02-07-2006, 08:56 PM
Hey Don't forget about Jack and Willie. I think they have some great discus they are breeding themselves!!!

Kindredspirit
02-07-2006, 09:09 PM
Yes they do! I have some pics of them!! Here is my favorite I got from Cary at GLD about nine months ago!

Kindredspirit
02-07-2006, 09:10 PM
One more.....

Tad
02-07-2006, 09:22 PM
Hey Don't forget about Jack and Willie. I think they have some great discus they are breeding themselves!!!

I concur Jeff,
I wouldnt hesitate to buy from You, or Jack and Willie ;)

April
02-08-2006, 03:27 AM
Jack and willie have one amazing discus setup going..they had a dream..and they made it come true. Jacks a great guy...and..definitely doing it for his dream and love of the discus.
cary is also wonderful..but dont think hes doing the selling thing right now. think hes cut back to hobbyist. but you could always check...
and of course there is brewmaster..who never has posted in the sponsor section. just his name..but he does have them. best to give a call..and sound them out ...get a better feel of who you are speaking to and a bit more personal. but you can also browse their pics etc in their section.
theres others also...check them all out or see who lives closest etc.

KIWI13
02-08-2006, 04:08 AM
Jack and Willie are tops. Brilliant fish and awesome service... Al the Brewmaster is a great guy with some splendid fish too. I trust these guys with my eyes closed...