PDA

View Full Version : is my female egg bound???

leonie
02-14-2006, 12:36 AM
OK I need advice my breeding female has stopped laying eggs she used to lay every week for the last 6 months and we have gotten one successful spawn out her in which raised 45 fry which are now almost 4 months old, It has been three weeks since here last spawn and in the last week her tube has been out like she is ready to lay and nothing is happening she has also started to loose her appetite and is starting to look stressed (going really dark) she is still in the breeding tank with the male and he doesnt seem interested in breeding either. Should I return them both to the main display tank or will this cause more stress on her? I change a 25% wc twice a week and the tep and water quality is ok any suggestions?

Thanks leonie:fish:

AADiscus
02-14-2006, 11:34 AM
I would defiantly move her back to the community tank, sounds like she needs a rest. Do a really big water change at least a 50%. Give her some R&R. Hopefully in about a month she will spawn for you again.

leonie
02-15-2006, 12:31 AM
Thankyou so much for your reply will she be ok even if the other discus are fighting for dominancy? I just dont want her to get hassled. I'll deffinatly give it a go shes shuch a beautiful fish and I want to look after her

Thanks again AADiscus

leonie
02-15-2006, 11:05 AM
ok just came home and noticed that my female has now got what looks like fungus coming out of her tube ( what eggs look like when they get fungus) what can i do any sugestions?? Very worried about her ( she's still in breeding tank havent been able to move her and now not sure if its a good idea please help:confused:

Alan
02-15-2006, 03:29 PM
If you know it's fungus and it's only external, treat for fungus. Methylene Blue may do it. If she still looks sick after the treatment, the problem may be internal.