PDA

View Full Version : My bathroom electricity operated hot water heater malfunctioned

mikechen
02-14-2006, 12:35 PM
Hi,

I normally do WC directly from the heater in the bathroom. It is quick and stable. The heaters I put in my 100G tank (450W*2) heated slowly. It takes 5~hours to heat up. Today the heater in the bathroom just malfunctioned when I syphoned the water to very low water level. So I just added the water very slowly but the temp still drop a lot. Somehow one pigeon with almost clear face turned out to shows some peppers on her face after I finish adding water to the tank. Will the peppers disappear when the water condition improves?
I hope my landlord will send someone to repair the bathroom heater for me. The water is sooooooooo cold!

I'll post some pics months later to see if her red color faints.~Mike Chen~

Ryan
02-14-2006, 12:38 PM
Pigeons will display peppering when they are stressed. It's the same as barred fish displaying their bars. Once the fish feels better, the peppering should disappear again (if it was not there before).

Ryan

pcsb23
02-14-2006, 12:41 PM
Mike, the pepper probably will go once water conditions are back to normal. The pepper replaces the stress bars I believe.

Paul.

I see Ryan beat me too it, I gotta learn to type faster!!!!

tpl*co
02-14-2006, 12:42 PM
In the mean time while waiting for the heater to be fixed, could you warm some water on the stove, then mix it with cold water to the right temp in a bucket before adding to your tank? Just a thought to keep up those water changes!

BTW beautiful fish!

Tina

mikechen
02-14-2006, 12:42 PM
Ryan and Paul: Thanks! That's great news for me!

Tina: Yap! I added boiling water directing to the tank(They all stayed at the other side of my tank). Although the temp does not rise tremendously but it helps. Thanks!

~Mike Chen~