PDA

View Full Version : So you might get a kick out of this!

AmberC
02-22-2006, 09:37 PM
So as you guys know.. I have a 9.5 month old daughter. Well lately shes teething or something and hasn't been sleeping well. I've been up every hour all night long with her for the past week. I'm running on empty here. PLUS I am having some MAJOR issues with my water and my fish are hurting as a result. I'm not going to go too much into that right now. Its being sorted out.. so on to the funny part...

Knowing the above.. you know I've been thinking about my fish A LOT these past few weeks. Well last night my daughter woke for the hundredth time and as I was sitting on her bedroom floor with my face smashed against the bars half asleep I started thinking. This is what I started thinking:

"Megan cant sleep very well. I need to get to the store and get some RO water for her bed. Then she will sleep!"

Then all of a sudden I realized what I was thinking. I need more sleep!
Amber

JMArtist
02-22-2006, 09:46 PM
LOL...Oh you do need rest, and maybe some Epson Salt to loosen you up a bit. I hear it"s a great stress reliever.

AmberC
02-22-2006, 09:49 PM
LOL...Oh you do need rest, and maybe some Epson Salt to loosen you up a bit. I hear it"s a great stress reliever.

lol.. I've got some epsom salts in my bathroom... maybe I'll get some more RO and fill up the bathtub and add some epsom and give myself a salt dip lol

Westie
02-23-2006, 12:03 AM
Man, I remember those times like they were yesterday. Thank god for the cartoon channel, I would say the heck with this and there we'd be watching Looney Toons at 4 am. Then I had to go to work. I drank a lot of coffee and would think, 8 more hours and I can go to bed...

Enjoy these times because they go by fast. Now Michelle is 12. She is smarter, faster, cooler, and I feel old(sometimes!)

troutmaster
02-23-2006, 12:20 AM
I had to respond because I am in pretty much the same boat. My daughter is 9 months old, everyone is lacking sleep here and well the Discus are not the centre of attention these days. Hoping to cure Spiro with out to much bother. Not fun, I wish I would have stayed away from Discus until my kids got a little bit older. At least sleeping through the night any how. Hang in there I guess your not alone!

II j L c II
02-23-2006, 02:08 AM
Pretty funny Amber. Maybe you could put a discus tank in your daughter's room to keep you busy ;).

AmberC
02-23-2006, 08:04 AM
II j L c II, While the thought of another discus tank is tempting.... I dont think I need a fourth! lol (at least not right now!)

Trout... Its so fun isn't it! I'm trying so hard not to give in to a bottle during the night but this kid is soooo stubborn! She wont go back to sleep without it. Shes a big baby tho.. 22.4 pounds at her 9 month check up! She WAS sleeping thru the night for about a couple weeks.. then all of a sudden it was back to this crap again. I heard that teething can make babies "feel" hungrier so I'm hoping thats what it is. Good luck with your little one and getting her sleeping thru!

Westie, Yes it does go fast. I have an older daughter that will be 4 in April. How the heck is she 4 years old already!? She acts like a 7 year old too which makes it worse!

Amber

Kindredspirit
02-23-2006, 09:42 AM
Well I'm thinkin that you need a few more, Amber! Come on~

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/3/3_3_105.gif

Kids....and discus....later! But might as well get all the kids outta the way! A boy!! Yeah...that'll work~

love ya.....LOL!

AmberC
02-23-2006, 09:58 AM
Well I'm thinkin that you need a few more, Amber! Come on~

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/3/3_3_105.gif

Kids....and discus....later! But might as well get all the kids outta the way! A boy!! Yeah...that'll work~

love ya.....LOL!

OY.. your trying to kill me! lol Actually.. I've had a little baby fever the past couple weeks. I have a friend preggo with twins! And at my daughters preschool there are preggos all over! BUT .. then I look at Megan lol. Not yet! Maybe in about a year and a half. I like the 3 yr age gap!
Amber

Timbo
02-23-2006, 10:04 AM
now that i think about it, i like pink

Kindredspirit
02-23-2006, 10:20 AM
LMAO!! Tim.......shuddup!! I just got the girl to switch! I love that color!! I loved that pink too, tho~

You are too funny~

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_66.gif ( < Amber )

II j L c II
02-23-2006, 10:47 AM
LoL Marie, I love those smiley icons you use all the time. That house of madness with the babies running around is cracking me up!

Jon

AmberC
02-23-2006, 10:47 AM
How ab.....ok I'm done lol! Thats just way too much code for me!

Amber