PDA

View Full Version : How cool is this??

Jarrod
03-02-2006, 09:06 AM
I think this was pretty cool...while feeding the "kids" in their tank they actually started to come up and take bites of frozen bh that I was holding in my fingers and eating it...they'd swin down a ways and then come back up for another bite lol..now if I could train them to do their business in one spot in corner of tank would be awesome rofl...would make vac the tank alot easier lol..:D :bandana: They have developed some real individual personalities...like every time I come into room they all come up and stare at me...lol...like they don't get fed enuff...little gluttons!
Jarrod

AmberC
03-02-2006, 09:16 AM
Thats awesome Jarrod! Doesn't it make you feel great once they start coming to you like that! :D
Amber

Jarrod
03-02-2006, 09:35 AM
Thats awesome Jarrod! Doesn't it make you feel great once they start coming to you like that! :D
Amber

Amber...it sure does make me feel great..I love the fact that they notice when I enter the room and react that way..sometimes I think my wife thinks I'm crazy lol...but hey...what can I say? Maybe I am at least just a little bit...ok ok..maybe MORE than a little bit!:alien:
Jarrod

Kindredspirit
03-02-2006, 09:38 AM
..sometimes I think my wife thinks I'm crazy lol..
Jarrod

After all, babe....what is normal??

That is awesome Jarrod!!! Way cool ~

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_4_10.gif

Jarrod
03-02-2006, 09:56 AM
After all, babe....what is normal??

That is awesome Jarrod!!! Way cool ~

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_4_10.gif

Marie....LOL normal for me anymore is a reaaaaaaaaaal relative term!:)
I'm just a bit tickled that they are reacting to me like they are..:D
Jarrod

White Worm
03-02-2006, 02:27 PM
Very cool, I always allow them time to come and eat from my fingers. Then I give them all a little pet on the upper fins. My wife thinks I'm nutz but on this site, sounds like normal hobbyist behavior, not surprising, lol. I even talk to them because they look so excited to see me (I know its just the food they want but i like to think its me they are excited to see). The best quality discus are the ones that act like that and make your hobby fun and exciting.

Timbo
03-02-2006, 04:58 PM
I even talk to them

let us know if they ever answer ;)

CAGE-RATTLER
03-02-2006, 05:15 PM
Congrats Jarrod ............. sounds like theyve gotten used to you and the surrounding pretty quickly.

The 1st time mine ate from hands i was just as excited as well.

Now they are like a school of pirahnas and even nibble on my fingers ....... lol.

Jarrod
03-02-2006, 06:40 PM
Mike...I'm doing the same thing lol...I give them a bit of time to notice me (which doesn't seem to take em long) and when I open the top of tank and wiggle my finger in the water they coem over and then I take some food and hold it there and they nibble at it...I haven't gotten to the point of petting their dorsal yet..but some how I think that's coming soon..lol
Jarrod

Jarrod
03-02-2006, 06:45 PM
Thanks Cage..I like to think they have gotten used to me..they don't even seem to stress when I get into the tank to vac it out abit or do the wc's..they just kinda sit ? there and watch me go about my business. Then afet I'm done messin about in their home they all just kinda cruise around and check things out and look for more food.
Jarrod