PDA

View Full Version : stunted discus

Dany
03-05-2006, 03:04 PM
Can stunted discus still grow? or does is stop once it's stunted?

Jazz
03-05-2006, 05:34 PM
Hello Dany, IME I believe that stunted discus can grow; not as fast as others but nevertheless I've seen some progress in 2 specimens that I've had for over 1 year. I first had them in a community tank with other discus that were bigger in size, so I transfered them in a tank with discus of their own size.
I must also say that I fed them protein supplements and a few months later I noticed that they were starting to grow a bit; I'm not saying that they doubled in size but at least 1/3 bigger.
That's my experience with stunted discus.
Hope this helps a bit.

Have a nice day

Jazz

Carol_Roberts
03-05-2006, 08:59 PM
Depends on their age. Younger stunted fish have more chance to grow than older fish.

chago09
03-06-2006, 08:05 PM
how can you tell if a fish is stutnted??? I have 6 discus... 3 were all bought at the same time and all have grown but one has grown way more then the others... the other three were all purchased later and are younger and have shown some growth. They are all still fairly small though my largest is only about 3 to 3.5 inches

Carol_Roberts
03-06-2006, 08:17 PM
an easy way to tell is eye size vs body size (eyes large in proportion to body size). . . .also full color and pattern on 3.5 inch discus