PDA

View Full Version : Discus Family tree ?

scans
03-07-2006, 09:57 AM
Does anybody have a family tree relating the color morphs? I want to know what Discus are breed from pigeon blood. I LOVE my black planted tank but so does the peppering in the pigeons.

My future fish will include (hopefully) color morps outside the pigeon family.

So far I am thinking:
Snow White
Millenium Gold (Solid Yellow)
Ocean Green
Blue Diamond

What am I missing?

Timbo
03-07-2006, 01:17 PM
spotz

scans
03-07-2006, 01:35 PM
spotz

HUH ??? :confused:

White Worm
03-07-2006, 01:50 PM
Scarlets

Carol_Roberts
03-07-2006, 11:54 PM
Pigeon is dominant over everything except whites. Pigeon bred to any other fish (except whites) produces pigeons in the first generation. Besides the solid colored fish you mentioned there asre spotted fish and striated fish like snakeskins and turquoise.

scans
03-08-2006, 11:38 AM
Great info.... thank to all.

I am starting my shopping list for ACA 2006 !

Alight
03-09-2006, 01:14 AM
My Red Melons, even though pigeon based, look pretty good in my black backed tank. They are nearly entirly orange (no black at all) in a light colored tank, but the black tail and fins look pretty good as a highlight in the showtank. Their peppering is almost non-existent.

Other fish I have, are as Barb suggested, Red Turquoise--really nice, and Blue Diamonds.

I'm growing out some Red Turquoise X Blue Diamond babies (now 3 +inches) that I think are going to be really nice in that tank, too. Some are almost entirely blue, and others have really bright red alternated with nice neon blue.

Hope the plants arrived OK.

Al

scans
03-09-2006, 09:43 AM
The plants are great...Thanks Again!

I have a few Red Melons that have no pepper on them either, but my Gold Pigeon Snakes are now covered :mad: . The Snakeskins look like they will be great once the bars go away (The bars do go away when they get bigger, right?)

pcsb23
03-09-2006, 10:26 AM
My experience with pigeon/snake crosses is always a lot of peppering. It could be one objective to breed it out.

Paul.