PDA

View Full Version : Calibrating heaters

Audrey
03-08-2006, 01:36 PM
I sometimes calibrate my Ebo Jagger (sp?) heaters when they are "off" a little. Heard this is a good thing to do every 6 months or so.

But I can't remember if you leave them plugged in while calibrating, or unplug them first?

Any one know?

Thanks!
Audrey

Riche_guy
03-08-2006, 07:13 PM
I sometimes calibrate my Ebo Jagger (sp?) heaters when they are "off" a little. Heard this is a good thing to do every 6 months or so.

But I can't remember if you leave them plugged in while calibrating, or unplug them first?

Any one know?

Thanks!
Audrey

Can you be more specific about calibrating. Do you mean you check to see if it is keeping a certain temp. if not you adjust the temp on the heater?

Thanks

Audrey
03-09-2006, 09:11 AM
Well say if your heater is set for 84, and your tank temp is actually 81. The Ebos have a calibration button on top of them. You pull the Ebo out of the water (not all the way, just so the top is exposed), wipe the top dry, pull up the blue knob, set the heater for 81 (your actual tank temp), then push the button back down. It was recommended to me to do this process every 6 months or so, or when the heater and actual temp are off.

I always leave the heater plugged in while doing this process, but not sure if you're supposed to or not.:confused:

Audrey

Riche_guy
03-09-2006, 10:57 AM
Thanks. I wasn't aware you could do this. I have an Ebo too and the water is at 84, but the thermostat is set for 77. I will change it. Are all heater like this?

thang45
03-09-2006, 12:04 PM
Maybe this link will help. http://www.seabay.org/articles/HTH/building.htm