PDA

View Full Version : Emergency!!!!!

chago09
03-08-2006, 11:04 PM
K well i'm not sure if it's a major emergency or not but I was doing a water change and realized while filling the water back up that the tank is slightly off level. As the water was coming up towards the top where the black frame was, it reached the top on one side of the tank about 1 cm before the other???? is this really bad???? the tank and stand are both brand new and bought from big als. it was not like this before

AmberC
03-08-2006, 11:10 PM
Well.. I"m not sure about your situation, but I know my tank is off, but its actually not my tank.. its the floor of my house lol. It must lean slightly because the water is higher on the left side than on the right. Its not a problem for me. I just have to watch when I'm filling that I dont go too high on the left side.
Amber

Sergey
03-08-2006, 11:41 PM
Chago, this is no good. You better track down what it is that's sagged, the stand or the floor. The bigger the tank, the faster you should do it.

With an uneven tank, you're overstressing the lower seam on the lower side. Put shims under the stand, put the tank on foam.

Regards,
Sergey.

DiscusBob
03-08-2006, 11:42 PM
If the difference is 1 cm. I wouldn't worry about it.

03-08-2006, 11:45 PM
Mine are off by more than that and I've never even thought about it. I suppose it does stress that side of the tank. I haven't had a problem yet but you never know!

chago09
03-08-2006, 11:49 PM
i'll just keep a close eye on it. If it worsens then I'l do something about it. Thank you guys

KIWI13
03-09-2006, 04:56 AM
Its the cover bro.......... check your cover.. It might be sitting on badly. I have had that especially if there are cables running out under it...

J

chago09
03-09-2006, 10:43 AM
i'm confused do you mean my hood??? and if you do thats not what i'm using to see it's tilted. The top black brace is what i'm using to see its tilted.