PDA

View Full Version : Checking out the new guy

tpl*co
03-13-2006, 02:09 PM
I thought this was so cute (hard to get an in focus picture though, especially since the quarantine tank doesn't have it's light connected). Reminds me of nosy neighbors trying to peek over a fence to get a glimpse at the new person on the block!

The new fish is a snow leopard from Tony at Sunrise Tropicals, great fish, wasn't stressed at all from the long drive home (did better than me driving in pouring rain, LOL!). Was very inquisitive and friendly as soon as I put him/her in their tank. Thanks Tony and Kenny!

Tina

Kenny's Discus
03-13-2006, 02:13 PM
Nice Tina. Those blue fishes on the bottom look so familiar to me lol. Best of luck to your new fish and get him/her a mate asap...lol

Take care,
Kenny

tpl*co
03-13-2006, 02:20 PM
LOL, the little guy is one of the smallest ones I got from you last month (it might be the baby red white). You should see the others I got from you previously, there is one that is about 1/3 the size of the big ones :).

Tina

White Worm
03-13-2006, 02:56 PM
HAHAHA.... I got to see it in person before you did!!

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_11_22.gif

Sorry noone told me that you wanted me to pick him up too. I got Marie and Candy their rams and I got some white babies and gonna let my son do a little angel growing and possible breeding with the albinos from kenny. We'll see. Mike THANKS KENNY!!!!!!!

eahkmh
03-13-2006, 03:23 PM
Your lucky that Tony sold to you. Those are some nice fish.

tpl*co
03-13-2006, 03:25 PM
OK Mike you're forgiven this time! LOL! (though I would have liked to have just gone to Vacaville yesterday since it was such terrible weather, at least the fish didn't have to be transfered to more than oa couple of tanks in several days :)) JUST LET ME KNOW NEXT TIME! LOL. I would have liked to have seen your fish too. Funny thing was I held off till Sunday instead of Saturday afternoon since a radio weather report said it was supposed to be clear on Sunday (fire that guy! LOL!).

Any bets on weather this fish is a boy or girl? LOL!

Tina

tpl*co
03-13-2006, 03:27 PM
Your lucky that Tony sold to you. Those are some nice fish.

LOL, the fish from Tony is in the tank with the one fish and he/she is hidden but he/she is really nice :). A lot of the others in the shot are from Kenny. Kenny took a better picture of the new guy here:

http://forum.simplydiscus.com//showthread.php?t=48847&page=3

LOL, the white pidgeon came from David (crazy4discus) :).

Tina

White Worm
03-13-2006, 03:50 PM
Big ole fat female is my vote. Dont really know but we will see after qt huh? I will just post here or BAD when I decide to go fish shopping. I will post some pics of the whole discus family soon. If I can get them to sit still for a minute! LOL.

tpl*co
03-13-2006, 04:01 PM
LOL, I vote female too, (and with my track record of picking mostly females we'll see). Yes, the picture is blurry too since they won't hold still! LOL.

Tina

srdiscus
03-14-2006, 10:08 AM
Tina,
Thank you for your patience! As you know I am not a good businessman.

Kenny,
Have a nice trip!
Tony

Kenny's Discus
03-15-2006, 09:14 AM
Tina - yeah it looked like a female to me too! And if it really turned out to be a female snow leopard it should've been my keeper lol! I have males "coming out of my ears" Tina!

Tony - thanks and I will pay you a visit upon coming back from my short trip. Take care.

Kenny

tpl*co
03-15-2006, 12:29 PM
LOL, You know I have the oposite problem Kenny! I have a habit of always picking girl discus, LOL! Of all the discus I got for myself where I picked out babies, maybe 3 or 4 were boys. I'll be glad to help you out with your boy discus over population though :). Looks like one of the babies I got from you may eventually be a boy from how it acts, it's fins, and it is growing faster than the others (yeah, I know that is what I thought about Goliath though and she ended up a girl, LOL!)

Take care and have a safe trip :)

Tina

Spices
03-15-2006, 05:28 PM
Very very nice! :thumbsup:

*Angie*