PDA

View Full Version : My poor babies!

AmberC
03-16-2006, 12:24 PM
So Monday I sent my daughter to preschool. When she came home, I noticed she didn't eat her lunch, only a few bites (teacher probably made her) and none of the snack. Odd. Crista has always been good about eating breakfast and lunch, its dinner we have a hard time getting her to eat. She seemed fine tho. Dinner time rolled around and she wouldn't eat. Typical. We made her eat some of it.

That night.. she threw up. But she didn't even wake up. She sat up, threw up and layed back down the wrong way on her bed. She actually woke at 1am and was crying that her bed was wet. When I went in.. I went to lean on her comforter and stuck my hand right in it! Blech! Anyways.. She had also had a little bit of diahrrea on that Monday too after school, but she'd had some apple juice and thought it was this.

You have to keep in mind that this kid has a HUGE tolerance for pain. If she broke her leg, she'd probably cry for a min get up and keep running. I'm not joking. Her first ear infection.. the only reason I knew she had one was because there was blood all over her blanket in the morning!

So I was up all Mon night cleaning the floor/matress/sheets/comforter and watching strawberry shortcake with her until I got her back to sleep. We spent the rest of the night on the couch.

The next day I fed her "sick" foods, toast, chicken noodle soup, water only to drink. She seemed fine. But shes still got diahrrea. NOW.. her baby sister has it too. No throwing up, but diahrrea and shes developed a yeast infection too! You guys I could cry.

When Crista got that first ear infection, she went on an antibiotic for it, but develeped a yeast infection (only on the diaper area) that would come back weekly until she was about 2 yrs old! It was horrible! She would be so raw and red and even bleed sometimes depending on how bad it was. And now to see my second baby getting this too! Maybe my kids are just prone to it.. I dont know.. but its soooo horrible to deal with! Shes so raw.

With Crista I went to the drs over and over and they wouldn't do anything for her! They kept telling me "It will go away when she is potty trained." She was not even ONE yet when it started!!! She was only six months old! How the heck do you potty train a baby!? Finally someone recommended (a lady from church) a yogurt (Mt. High) that had the acidophilus and I fed her that every day for about half a year and it never came back! But we dont live in Wa state anymore and I've never seen Mt. High yogurt here. I'm going to have to look at the yogurts here and see if there is an equivalent but its just sooooo hard seeing my baby suffer!

She will be playing and then all of a sudden she will get the saddest look on her face and just start crying! I was up all night with her last night. I think her tummy and her tush hurt. I always change her right away and I always use a ton of desitin, but its not helping. I'm going to get some clotrimazole cream (foot care section.. walmart) which has antifungal. It helped with Crista, but doesn't make it go away. I pray that Megan doesn't get recurring like her big sister.

I need some hugs you guys! Its so hard to see your kids in pain.
I'm sorry this was so long, but I just needed to cry a little.
If you read thru it all thank you!
Amber

marilyn1998
03-16-2006, 12:33 PM
Amber,

Cmere mommy. BIG HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your girls will do fine. I am sure that you will find what is needed and they will be happy soon.
Remember to keep up YOUR health too, cuz they will be getting better and need some mommy time!

I Will say a prayer. Call your local grocery and see if they can get the yogurt.. or... call the Mt High company and see where they sell it.

AmberC
03-16-2006, 12:48 PM
Thanks for the hugs and the suggestion to go to the webpage. My sleep deprived brain wouldn't even have thought of that. I went to the page and guess what! They dont even have a retailer anywhere on the east coast that sells it!
They stop from Wisconsin down to Texas. :( I'll check out the ingredient list tho and see if there is one that is comprable here in Va.
Amber

Kindredspirit
03-16-2006, 12:54 PM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_2_80.gifhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_2_80.gifhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_2_80.gif

Marie~ http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_4_10.gif

Jarrod
03-16-2006, 12:54 PM
Amber...my heart goes out to you and your child!! You can count on all my prayers and hope that she comes out of it soon!!..BIG HUGS to you and Crista!!
Jarrod

AmberC
03-16-2006, 12:55 PM
Anyone ever get Stonyfield yogurt? I looked at their site and they have 6 probiotic ingredients in all of their yogurt and I can get that one at my local grocer. They didn't go into detail about how much probiotic bacteria is in their yogurt like Mt. High did, but its worth a shot to try it.
Amber

AmberC
03-16-2006, 12:57 PM
Thank you Marie and Jarrod! Prayers are always wonderful!
Amber

marilyn1998
03-16-2006, 03:09 PM
THey dont have that one here. Call them and find out? Give it a try... it cant hurt.

still huggin...:D :D :D :D

diskboy
03-16-2006, 04:42 PM
it sounded alot like me i hope your girls never get SCARLET FEVER!!!! ok im 14 now i got it when i was seven i had fever 24/7 i couldnt eat sleep all that good stuff (acualy bad stuff) and after the fever dropped and the blood test stoped they said i was fine untill the last day at the hospital they said i had a heart murmur which had ocured from the scarlet fever. the murmur went away but i had to eat EVERY meal or i would get sick very fast. i just got over having to eat every meal i still get sick if i dont have breakfast but i can skip dinner and lunch on the weekends

i send my prayers also

Cosmo
03-16-2006, 04:50 PM
Amber..

Nothing worse than watching your children suffer :( Someday you'll look back at this as a fond memory even though it's heartache now .... They sound like brave little soldiers, and you sound like a great mom! They'll probably feel better before you do :)

Give them a big hug from all of us... yourself too :)

Jim

marilyn1998
03-16-2006, 05:11 PM
Amber,

Ask your doctor about putting a little vagisal on their bottom? external only. It may help... as well monostat cream. just a thought.

AmberC
03-16-2006, 05:42 PM
Marilyn.. my dr recommended clotrimazole cream with my first daughter. Its an antifungal medication. The yeast is a type of fungai and the clotrimaozle always helped the rash with Crista. I put some on Megan already and fed her some stonyfield. It should start clearing up within 24 hrs with the cream. At least it always did with Crista.

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers and hugs!
Amber