PDA

View Full Version : Fat Bottom Girls!!

marilyn1998
03-16-2006, 03:47 PM
I just got my first order of CBW and I am so naive. I knew they were 'live' food, but I never thought that meant WIGGLING!! :o :o

I got them rinsed and separated and took a bunch to the tank and put them in the feeder. My fish looked at me like WHAT??? and sat and watched them escape from the cone. I prolly overfed too since that cone was packed.

They seemed to go slowly after the worms, so I sat to read Simply. I just looked up and noticed they were all gone!!!! I immediately looked at the bottom of the tank thinking they would all over the floor, but they werent.

The poor discus are SO full, I am going to get the epsom salt!!! THey look like they are gonna burst! How much epsom do I use??

diskboy
03-16-2006, 04:18 PM
good job Marilyn get some cbw and kill your fish from stuffing them its like me at thanksgiving..lol

White Worm
03-16-2006, 04:20 PM
2 tbspns per 10g. If you have never dealt with CBW, you should do some reasearch before continuing with them. I hear some have no problems and then I hear of people having alot of problems. I dont bother with them because there are many safer foods on the market

Timbo
03-16-2006, 05:24 PM
Mikscus brings up a good point. also, be careful not to get them hooked on cbw to the exclusion of other foods. it can happen with cbw

azureoval
03-16-2006, 05:45 PM
CBW's are like crack to discus once they get hooked. My discus attack CBW's like no other food, thats why I choose to feed them CBW's. It is cool to watch them feed. But the warnings from the previous posts are warranted. LFS worms in my (short) experience are in poor condition and don't last in the fridge very long. I tried a well known supplier of CBW's through mail order and the difference is night and day. The worms are very clean and lively and have lasted a month in my fridge so far. In the end trust your gut feeling.

Josh

AmberC
03-16-2006, 08:35 PM
Oy! How are they doing now?
Amber

marilyn1998
03-16-2006, 08:46 PM
Amber- they are just fine. I am not gonna feed them again until tomorrow tho. And I think the CBW are not for me!!!
How are the girls?

AmberC
03-17-2006, 09:24 AM
I'm glad they are ok. Now you have to teach them "self control" ;)

My girls are ok. I think Megan (the one with the yeast infection right now) is coming down with something else too. She almost threw up last night, I could see her work it back down :( and shes coughing. Crista seems to be fine.
Thanks for asking!
Amber

AADiscus
03-17-2006, 11:31 AM
Marilyn, another thing to remember is that you can over feed CBW easy and fast. Just put a little bit in there at a time until you think they have had enough.