PDA

View Full Version : My New Additions :)

hexed
03-17-2006, 01:49 PM
Ok, I have never kept these fish before. After seeing Ryan's albino Kribs I thought they were cool. I went to my LFS yesterday and they had a few, so I bought a male and a female. These are my Kribs, don't ask what kind of Kribs cause I have no clue LOL! Hopefully the pics will come out clear.
Frank

hexed
03-17-2006, 01:51 PM
Here's the male inside the his new cave ;)

hexed
03-17-2006, 01:53 PM
Well Ryan Smith what do you think of them? LOL
All day yesterday they were chasing each other he wanted her in the cave so they kept it up all day! :argue:

brewmaster15
03-17-2006, 02:03 PM
Frank,
Nice Kribs.. I have a pair myself... where did you get them and did they have more? I am looking for several more.:)

-al

hexed
03-17-2006, 02:23 PM
Well my friend, I will pick you up the last pair (I believe they are a pair) if they are still there :)

marilyn1998
03-17-2006, 02:28 PM
Beautiful kribs. I had some years ago. They spawned weekly. THe fry are easy to raise. :D I had 9 tanks of fry at one time. THey are so beautiful when they are courting. Good Luck with them!
Are you keeping them in the discus tank? They can get a bit agressive if the tank is too small when they are mating.

hexed
03-17-2006, 02:31 PM
Marilyn,
I plan on putting them in my 150 gallon when it's all set up. Hopefully that will be enough room LOL. I did not want two of them the same though that's why the male doesn't have the spots like the female. ;) I will be giving the fry to Al as well if he wants them so some can be used for ANgel of the month :D
Frank

marilyn1998
03-17-2006, 02:35 PM
male and female are never really the same. he may be chasing the female in the cave too cuz she is ripe. Her purple belly will tell you! And he gets a real yellow stripe when he is.... interested. Next to discus these beauties are my favorite. Let me know if they will do ok in a larger tank with discus. My own end is to get all my discus to adult, then go planted, then add some tankmates. hopefully if the kribs would work.. but I like rams too.

Good Luck!!!!! I know you will enjoy them for hours!

marilyn1998
03-17-2006, 02:38 PM
OOOH! Angel of the Month.

takes like 5-7 months to get them bigger. 9 if you want to sell them. SO, I need to butter everyone up say, around September????? mmmmmmm :D

hexed
03-17-2006, 04:08 PM
LOL Marilyn! I always say when they are ready LOL! I am keeping my list LOL I want everyone to get something so if the winner didn't get them yet give my fish time, you are on the list :)
Frank

marilyn1998
03-17-2006, 05:40 PM
WOOOOO HOOOOOOO!! yes! :D

pcsb23
03-17-2006, 06:57 PM
Nice Frank, hmmm...never thought about Kribs before.... They'd do all right in a 75 or 100 tank - now you've got me thinking!

Seriously though can they stand the temps? 86f? 'cos if they can I may get some as they do look rather nice and I've never kept Kribs before.

Doug A
03-18-2006, 01:00 AM
Nice kribs Frank. Good luck with them.
Where did you get that cave from? I'm interested in getting a couple for my Apisto pair.

hexed
03-18-2006, 02:04 AM
I got the caves from Rosenthal (sp) pottery. He has some on auction on AquaBid.com just type in "cave" in the search.
Paul mine are in discus water, which means all my tanks are set up to house discus.
Frank

Ardan
03-18-2006, 06:53 AM
They look very nice Frank! I wouldn't mind them in my tank.:)

You need more tanks for babies.:)

Ardan

Chrisb
03-18-2006, 08:19 AM
They look awsome thinking about adding some kribs myself.

Chris

KGTIII
03-18-2006, 09:03 PM
I use to have kribs in my 150 LOVED them...... sigh.... gotta stop seeing these fish pictures... gets me THINKING......:D
Can I put my name on a waiting list for babies;) :D
Karen

hexed
03-18-2006, 09:31 PM
Karen,
There isn't a waiting list :( What I was talking about is the "Angel of the Month" list. I want to be sure every "angel of the month" gets some fish. I was pulling all the eggs from my discus cause I just did not know what to do with the babies. Now I do :) I will donate them to Simply for this. If my pair of Kribs have babies I will donate them as well. So the list again is for the "Angel of the Month" so far but if we come up with anything else I can use them for that as well. :)
To nominate someone for Angel of the Month just PM Barb Newell with that person's name :)
Frank :angel:

Kindredspirit
03-18-2006, 10:17 PM
Well ~ can I be ON THE LIST??

( your gonna kill me huh?)

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_4_10.gif

wolfbane
03-18-2006, 11:39 PM
Hmm, kribs- rams, kribs-rams, kribs-rams. Gee thanks, now I don't know which I want!!!! LOl.Frank, hows that 150 doing now? I posted pics of mine.

hexed
03-18-2006, 11:46 PM
I'm still working on the wall LMAO!! Between work, water changes and everything else life throws at me, it's taking me longer to do LOL!
Frank :angel:

KGTIII
03-19-2006, 05:32 PM
Frank,
ROTFL....I meant the or a waiting list for baby Kribs....I am on a lot of lists... but I ain't ever gonna be worried about being on a "ANGEL" list! LMAO
Baby kribs..........:)
Karen

hexed
03-19-2006, 11:36 PM
Well lets see what happens with them first LMAO! So far it's all the female doing the shaking right now LOL If I have babies I will let everyone know :)
Frank

Ryan
03-20-2006, 12:46 AM
My albino krib pair got moved to our office tank. It's a 56 gallon cube tank with rams and tetras. They are doing wonderfully with the rams. The rams were established with their own territories when I added the kribs -- the rams quickly let them know where they were allowed to go and what places were off-limits. The kribs quickly found a little cave I made out of slate rocks and they are happy there. No aggression problems, no deaths, the male is still coaxing the female (who is ripe with a huge purple belly, but still no eggs)... and they have doubled in size since I bought them about 3 weeks ago. I'll get pics soon.

Frank, I think yours look really good. The female seems to be showing nice bold spawning colors. Watch them as they settle in -- I bet you have eggs or fry within the month.

In my opinion, kribs would do well with discus. Mine are in water with a temp of 84F and they are happy and eating/growing well. Before I moved them to our office, they were living here at my house with my 4 adult angelfish and I had no problems whatsoever. The kribs ignored them and went about their business of selecting a cave and doing courtship dances. The only issues were when the angels had wrigglers -- they chased the kribs away from the spawning site. Never any serious aggression though, just warnings from the angel pairs. I think their behavior would be about the same with discus.

Ryan

hexed
04-10-2006, 08:22 PM
My Kribs laid eggs last night!!! hehehehe

diskboy
04-10-2006, 08:48 PM
hope they do good frank ;)

pcsb23
04-11-2006, 03:37 AM
Thats excellent Frank, looks like Ryan predicted it well, he's either good or lucky :D

Hope they do well my friend.

hexed
04-11-2006, 07:29 PM
Well the eggs hatched to wigglers and the male dug a pit and they put the wigglers in it and the discus ate them all :(

marilyn1998
04-11-2006, 07:34 PM
OH NO!!!!! I think they are like discus. Takes a few tries to get it right. Keep on trying!!!

diskboy
04-11-2006, 08:57 PM
o man keep trying i mean my last bunch were just eggs and i got to close to many times and they ate the eggs but im just going to keep trying