PDA

View Full Version : That Pet Place order to Canada

traco
03-20-2006, 07:58 PM
So, I ordered a bunch of stuff from That Pet Place, 2 separate orders. One was shipped on Feb. 27 (ordered some Stealth heaters) and the next March 7 (ordered an Aqua Clear 70).

Got my order today finally. It's the second order, Mar. 7th that came. And here I've been waiting for my heaters to show up!! No such luck. I'll give them a call tomorrow to let them know I received my second one but not the first one. No tracking as it came US Postal Service.

Got a good price on things, even with the exchange, but what a long time for shipping. They did say when I placed the order it could be anywhere from 2 - 4 weeks so can't complain. Now I just have to find my other order somehow.

White Worm
03-20-2006, 08:08 PM
I ordered from Big Als a while back (stealth heaters too (2) and some other stuff) took about 2 weeks to get em.

londonloco
03-20-2006, 08:15 PM
I order from thatpetplace all the time. I am in the USA, Virginia. Since I live only 2 states away, I get my orders ground delivery, usually in 48 hours. They have great prices on everything.....

AmberC
03-20-2006, 09:18 PM
I cant believe you still haven't gotten that first order! And you've already gotten the second!

I still say they should have tracking on it. It doesn't make sense that just because its going to canada it doesn't have a tracking number? Can anyone explain that?

Amber

Timbo
03-20-2006, 09:27 PM
I still say they should have tracking on it. It doesn't make sense that just because its going to canada it doesn't have a tracking number? Can anyone explain that?

Amber

there is no tracking on regular US mail. you can, however, opt for fed-ex or other courier with thatpetplace, which will give you a tracking #, but costs more, but delivery time will improve

on topic: i have been ordering from them for years, average time for US Mail delivery for me is about 10 days to canada

traco
03-20-2006, 10:09 PM
So, Timbo, you go normal US mail like I did and you get it in 10 days? Well, I do live on an Island ...... hmmmm..... and it wasn't cheap even for normal mail.

Kindredspirit
03-20-2006, 10:24 PM
Hey Woman ~

I order my Metro from them and I had ordered a bottle and one Stealth heater as well... I wanted it shipped priority mail to get it in 5 days as opposed to 7-10, so they said....So it was an additional 8 bucks or something....

They said for sure.......I wld rec'v my order by Thursday, Friday at the latest...Well, nope....I rec'vd a package on my doorstep Saturday night after work and it was the heater only! I was not pleased to say the least! I called and got some fool who was rude and said that I wld have to call back on Mon to speak to customer service as he ONLY takes orders ~

I hate when sh!t happens on a Friday or Sat and I have to wait to deal with it til Monday!! I so hate that....lol!!

I called today and asked directly for a supervisor and she was very accommodating and will ship the Metro out FED EX to arrive tomorrow at no charge.... She said she doesnt know why it was sent priority mail thru the PO as you cannot track it....

I have always had good service with them and use them often...and they did rectify the situation to my satisfaction....

Call them....do you want the sup I talked with?? LOL...call me and I will give if ya want!!

Marie ~ http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_4_10.gif

Timbo
03-21-2006, 11:26 AM
So, Timbo, you go normal US mail like I did and you get it in 10 days? Well, I do live on an Island ...... hmmmm..... and it wasn't cheap even for normal mail.

hi traco :)

i say "average time" because it can vary. christmas time is always slower (mail volume), spring/summer/fall months are faster delivery by a day or two. (I live in the Maritimes)

"and it wasn't cheap for normal mail" <-- the way to think of it is....what would you have paid to buy the same merchandise locally? for me, i am still far ahead by ordering from the U.S. even with the mail costs. the selection is much better than local as well (for me)

figure out your costs both ways and make your decision accordingly. your mileage may vary :)

AmazonRainbows
03-24-2006, 09:09 AM
USPS and canada post do offer tracking number now.

londonloco
03-24-2006, 10:17 AM
Like I said before, I have ordered from them for years. Years ago, I would order one day, get delivery w/in 2 days, sometimes one. But recently, I'd say the past year or so..they have been erratic. I think it might be the case they are getting too big. Last week, I put in an order on Sunday night, it arrived Tuesday. I put in another order on Monday, it didn't arrive until Saturday....I've also called the live fish order center several times. Have never gotten a person, always an answering machine. Have never gotten a return call even tho I left my number. After writing this, I'm pissed. Gonna call them right now!

londonloco
03-24-2006, 10:18 AM
But they still have great prices on most things.........