PDA

View Full Version : OMG! Discus Flatulance!

tpl*co
03-24-2006, 10:13 AM
Well, some of my juvies ate too much yesterday and got bloat so I gave them some epsom salts in the evening. This morning when I turned on the light I was looking at the discus that was suffering indigestion the night before when I saw it shimmy a little and then the tell tale bubbles coming from it's butt! WHO WOULD HAVE GUESSED DISCUS CAN FART!!!:shocked2: OH well, at least his/her tummy troubles is getting better, LOL (after letting one rip the fish swam better like saying AHHHHHH).

Hmmmm, gotta check that fish food to see if there was any bean based protein, LOL. Watch out if any discus asks you to pull it's fin?

Tina

marilyn1998
03-24-2006, 10:23 AM
LMAO!!! I knew I loved discus and they have such great personality. I can see my dad putting his nose on the tank and them swimming over, making bubbles, then giving him their tail. :D

Jarrod
03-24-2006, 10:56 AM
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! now that conjures a mental pic!!:D :D :D Too funny!!...but am really glad that the little bugger is getting better! That's the main thing.
Jarrod

tpl*co
03-24-2006, 11:37 AM
LOL, I know that was maybe a once in a lifetime thing to witness, I wish I could have caught it on camara! I was joking with my son that too bad his science fair project was already done and turned in, we could have done the project on that! LOL!

Tina

Spices
03-24-2006, 12:03 PM
Heeee...heeeee.... (LOL)
This is too funny. I see the picture all too clear now. Add to it, a little (gentle) tummy rub. That definitely will do the trick (adding more bubbles in the tank).

*Angie*

AADiscus
03-24-2006, 01:12 PM
That is funny. I have actually seen one of our bd do that.

ps....it is best to soak any bit type food you feed before putting it into the tank. This will help on not getting bloat.

scans
03-24-2006, 01:34 PM
That's what you get for pulling his fin !!

tpl*co
03-24-2006, 02:11 PM
That is funny. I have actually seen one of our bd do that.

ps....it is best to soak any bit type food you feed before putting it into the tank. This will help on not getting bloat.

they have a couple of auto feeder feedings of tetra bits, I was in a hurry to get to the kids open house/science fair so I gave them their evening worms probably too soon after their last tetra bit feeding. Kinda like rolling out a desert tray after an all you can eat buffet. No wonder some over ate! :)

Tina

candyl70
03-24-2006, 10:07 PM
LOL Tina!!! I saw mine discus do that before too! I also saw him burp out some bubbles and food. Who woulda thought?! :D :D

CAGE-RATTLER
03-24-2006, 11:04 PM
LMAO ........ Pull My Fin .... lol ..... Too Funny!

Ive seen them Vomit but never pass gas.

Westie
03-25-2006, 12:09 AM
+3 that have seen it and are dying w/u!!!

N_E_time
03-25-2006, 03:29 AM
Hey man, did you fart.........No dude it was my fish
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ....................:D

Dissident
03-25-2006, 09:38 AM
Now there's a new one. Instead of blameing it on the dog, blame the fish!
I :laugh: :laugh: