PDA

View Full Version : Cheap fridge?

MiamiDan
03-26-2006, 09:56 AM
I"m having the biggest fights with my wife because she doesn't like my beefheart, bloodworms, etc in the family fridge. I wanted to put shrimps there too & I guess that did it. I guess I'm being evicted. Does anybody knows of any cheap fridge or other solution? Dan :(

Cosmo
03-26-2006, 10:03 AM
Dan,

I got a MagicChef fridge/freezer from Home Depot for about $150. Big enough freezer to hold a good 10lb of frozen food, and the fridge easily holds 2lbs of CBWs and 3 1/2 gal containers. Still room in the door for a few beers too :D

Jim

Timbo
03-26-2006, 10:55 AM
dont get divorced over a $130 bar fridge! :)

bought one of those small ones with a freezer from walmart for the den (where my two tanks are) for my phrozen food

keeps the beer cold too, which of course, is its primary purpose

Jarrod
03-26-2006, 11:16 AM
Yep...one of the small fridges like the ones you can find at Wally World and just a little bit biger than a good sized ice chest are ideal for a fish room..the freezers on them are big enough to hold all the frozen goodies for the fish and the fridge portion big enough to hold any live foods you keep in containers that fit in there...the beer aspect is primary consideration as well.. :D :D lol..IMHO..now if I had running water in my fish room to keep the coffee pot going I'd only leave my fish room to take care of "other" business lol..
Jarrod

AmazonRainbows
03-26-2006, 11:56 AM
Hello Dan,
Here up north it's possible for university student to rent small room but they have to equip with small fridge. Class ir near the end and if I was you I would take a look at the annonce board in a university near you. I don't known if it's the same in your town but when I was in Austin,Tx look pretty like the same.
hth

mench
03-27-2006, 11:24 AM
I just suprised her by taking her to the store and saying...since our frige is getting old I though I would buy you a new one...actually it was only 3 yrs old...so now new one is upstairs and "old" one is in the fish room....

Mench

MiamiDan
03-27-2006, 11:41 AM
Thanks guys! found one at Wallymart for $98 special! Peace shall return to the family ;)

Jarrod
03-27-2006, 12:02 PM
Thanks guys! found one at Wallymart for $98 special! Peace shall return to the family ;)

LOL..Dan and peace is always a GOOD THING!:balloon: :balloon: Glad ya found one and the price wasn't too bad either!:D
Jarrod

AmazonRainbows
03-27-2006, 06:07 PM
Fast solution and good price. wonderfull and I think I will checkout for one!