PDA

View Full Version : i dunno what to do plzz help!!!!!!!!!!!

diskboy
03-27-2006, 10:04 PM
ok i got a thing of hakari blood worms because they weren't eating flakes and not much of the tetra-bits. I knew they would go crazy over it but i acadently leaft it out and it spoiled (one about 6 cubes thankgosh) but i dont know what else to try if i give them to must tetra bits they eat only a little and leave the rest. should i get a couple more discus (only have 3 right now) to draw them out because usualy they hide behind the spongefilter or up in the right hand corner by the fiter. PLZ HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I DONT WANT MY BABIES TO DIE

RyanH
03-27-2006, 10:40 PM
Are they hiding and not eating well because they're sick or because they are scared?

Sick:

White feces. Dark color. Heavy breathing.

Scared:

Could be a multitude of things.

-Stray voltage from a defective heater.
-Your tank is facing a window and they are getting spooked by your shadow.
-Can they see through the bottom glass or do you have something under them?
-Is the tank close to the floor? (People look huge to fish sitting near the floor.)

Three Discus really is too few. They feel safer in groups. If you add fish, that will probably help but don't forget to quarantine. In the meantime, you may want to try putting in a divider to make their living space smaller. They may feel more comfortable that way. A 55 is a pretty big tank for three small Discus.

hth
-Ryan

diskboy
03-28-2006, 07:42 PM
thats what im saying i pretty sure they are just scared because when i walk in they only want food them i put it in they just nibble but when i get back from school its all gone. and i am in the process of gettin a few more to keep them schoolng