PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with Discus in Colorado?

frisco008
03-30-2006, 10:51 AM
Hi,

I am new here and don't even have a discus (as of yet) wondering if there is someone out there that has any in Colorado preferrably not too far away. I have 4 fish tanks now but none with discus:( so hopefully I can find someone with red melons or golden reds? I might make it a discus only tank not sure yet...44 gallon corner tank now has baby jack's a needle nose gar and a Hujeta gar, getting rid of the jacks today and getting gold severums.

Please let me know.

Thank You

DiscusStudent
03-30-2006, 03:04 PM
I'm in Colorado (Fort Collins) but sorry nothing for sale.

frisco008
03-30-2006, 03:59 PM
Thanks anyhow Fortcollins is a bit of a drive for me but anyone else have babies for me to start with I would be very appreciative...I also wanted to put this out to any that might want to buy that live near Florida, there is a guy on ebay that has magnificent looking discus named Dave, his online store through ebay is The Zen Gardens....I can't afford his shipping but maybe some of you can. My local LFS is going to look it getting me some for $25 apiece but was looking for cheaper around $8-10 just for starters. Thanks for all help.

fishfarm
04-04-2006, 11:19 AM
Try coloradodiscus@yahoo.com a young guy I've sold lots of fish to, he should have breeders by now. Ken

Dkarc@Aol.com
04-04-2006, 11:42 AM
Thanks anyhow Fortcollins is a bit of a drive for me but anyone else have babies for me to start with I would be very appreciative...I also wanted to put this out to any that might want to buy that live near Florida, there is a guy on ebay that has magnificent looking discus named Dave, his online store through ebay is The Zen Gardens....I can't afford his shipping but maybe some of you can. My local LFS is going to look it getting me some for $25 apiece but was looking for cheaper around $8-10 just for starters. Thanks for all help.

Send me a PM about Dave....

-Ryan

frisco008
04-06-2006, 11:59 PM
Just got 2 blood parrots and 2 golden severums bout same size in a 44 gallon have 2 plants now will take pics later. Thanks for the replies.

:D

Alan
04-07-2006, 01:06 AM
Red Melons or Golden Reds at $8-$10 a piece... That's a very tall order. You can wait for Mike Misuraco if he gets new fry. He usually sells them around that price when they're about 1". Not a good size to ship, IMO, but that's your budget. The fish have a better chance of surviving shipping at 2".

Dan of Gulf Coast Discus has $8 Blue Diamonds at 2". 2.5" Gold Pigeons at $20. He's reasonable to deal with so you may want to call him. You still have to pay shipping. He's in TX.

You may also want to call Frank of Gold Mountain Discus. Fish availability per his website will be on the second half of April. Again, you have to pay shipping. He's in WA.

The last 2 are recently the more active sellers of discus in this forum.

frisco008
04-07-2006, 10:55 AM
Thanks for the info :D I have 2 I believe red pigeons but not sure bout 2 to 2.5 inches got from my lfs for $20 apiece. Will have to post pics to make sure what I have. Plants/no plants? When I want more how long should I wait and do they have to be same size as ones I currently have? Thanks

Rpj
04-15-2006, 09:00 AM
Hi where did you get some I'm in colorado and looking as well? Please help?? Thanks