PDA

View Full Version : fish scraping?

kiko_matsin
03-31-2006, 12:40 AM
If the fish is scraping against objects once in a while, is it an indication that a parasite possibly flukes starting to invade the gills? even there is no inflammation of the gills, yet? or if it is acting normal and eating well, can we stated that probably the fish is just doing a routine cleaning of itself?

just confuse on scraping issue. i hope i make sense. :o

pcsb23
03-31-2006, 04:07 AM
If the fish are flashing and scraping against objetcs then it is usually a parasite. I'd suspect flukes and would firstly check water params and makes sure they are in order. I'd also do a large w/c preferably using aged pre-heated water. I would also treat with salt in the first instance, either by short term bath or long term in the tank. 2 tablespoons salt in a gallon for 20 mins in a clean bucket with an airstone, watch it all the time, if it rolls net it and back in the tank, for the bath. In the tank 2 tablespons per 10 gallons, replacing the amount taken out when w/c.

Timbo
03-31-2006, 09:57 AM
hi kiko

i wouldnt do anything until you observe that you do, indeed, have a problem. if its just happening infrequently, i'd just wait and observe. if its on-going, then i'd follow pcsb23's advice