PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on heater

bennyblanco
03-31-2006, 06:13 PM
anyone have one let me know if its good!!!!

!!!! PRO HEAT TITANIUM AQUARIUM HEATER !!!!

troyclark
03-31-2006, 06:32 PM
I have had nothing but trouble with these. I have had great luck with the Via Aqua titanium heaters. Out of 6 350 watt Wons and 4 500 watt wons I now only have 2 350's that work and have replaced the controllers on 2 of the 500's. HTH

Timbo
03-31-2006, 06:42 PM
if it was me (which it aint) i'd stay away from WON bros heaters...bad track record

bennyblanco
04-01-2006, 01:03 PM
ok cool!!!!

:bounce: :bounce2:

lauren0626
04-01-2006, 01:32 PM
I've been having great result using Rena Cal heaters.

CAGE-RATTLER
04-01-2006, 02:17 PM
Ive been posting good reviews of the Via Aqua Stainless heater that ive been using for 4 months now. The temps have been rock solid up UNTIL last night!!

It started acting weird after a water change and as of this morning it looks to be DEAD now!!

lkleung007
04-01-2006, 02:35 PM
Hi,

Yup...don't like the Proheat either. Mine died not long after I started using it. I now use primarily visitherm's stealth and it's been going surprisingly well. I'm just waiting for the day when the stealth's don't work either.

Lester

alpine
04-01-2006, 04:31 PM
Benny, Won has a decent product . I have had problems with their heaters but for what I hear every other heater manufacturer have their problems too. Give a try . Look at the LCD type too. The finish on the product is very nice and I like the fact there is only one wire to the titanium heater, not two like other makers.
Just want to share my opinion,

roberto

CAGE-RATTLER
04-01-2006, 04:56 PM
Benny, Won has a decent product . I have had problems with their heaters but for what I hear every other heater manufacturer have their problems too. Give a try . Look at the LCD type too. The finish on the product is very nice and I like the fact there is only one wire to the titanium heater, not two like other makers.
Just want to share my opinion,

roberto

I know what you mean .......... that probe coming off the Via Aqua is a PITA!

stiver james
04-01-2006, 09:11 PM
I have read all the bad threads on won heaters. I bought one anyway cause I like the way they look and also like the controller. I have not had any problems with it at all. I have only had it for about three months but so far so good. I am not saying they are good heaters cause like I said I only have one. If this continues to give me good service then I will by another one. Like a few other people have stated everyone has problems with their heaters at one time or another. I wish they all were a little more reliable than what we have on todays market. Jim

jeep
04-03-2006, 10:45 PM
WOW!! I almost missed this thread and yet another chance to bash Won Bro's??? :flame: :flame: :flame:

Take it from someone who lost around 200 fish to the Bro's. STAY AWAY FROM THE HEATERS!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Dissident
04-03-2006, 11:35 PM
LOL awesome Pic!

The controller on mine died (corroded but never got wet?) in 6months. I use jebo heaters now and have never had a problem.... but thanks to this post they will all die tomorrow!

IMO heaters should last years not months.

Just give it time they will [Won] die on you before 12months!