PDA

View Full Version : Central Indiana breeders?

cyang
03-31-2006, 08:57 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm new to discus and am currently cycling a 50 gallon BB tank for my first discus this summer. I didn't want to risk shipping my first batch of discus so I am trying to figure out where locally I can buy the fish within relatively close driving distance. I'm trying to put together a list of reputable/trusthworthy breeders or hobbyists from whom I could purchase my first discus and possibly more later on.

Are there any breeders in Central Indiana, around Carmel (Hamilton County) or at least Indianapolis?

I heard about someone named Susan selling discus in Central Indiana but do not know if she is still operating a hatchery.

There is Rainforest Farms in Bloomington but I have not heard very good feedback about them. I know about Rocky Mountain Discus but that is a 3+ hour drive for me.

My father and I have been a admirers of discus for a number of years. I myself have been lurking around this board for a couple of months just doing research and learning. Hopefully, my first discus buying and keeping experience will be a great one! I have found Simply to be very helpful! Thank you!

-C. Yang

aquafish_world
04-01-2006, 09:41 AM
Try Shane in Indianapolis,his website: http://www.imperialdiscus.com .

charlie
04-02-2006, 05:14 PM
Hi Cyang
My name is Charlie Miller. I live in Kokomo IN. about 45 min. north of you.I have been raising Discus,Angels,Cory cats for a few years. I have 80 tanks set up.I have Discus for sale ,from 2.5 in. to adults. I also have some pairs for sale. My prices are very resonable. I have had tropical fish since 1953.
I am retired and at home most of the time. My email is ccmsm2@aol.com My phone no. is 1.765.452.2894