PDA

View Full Version : I'm starting to feel like this is never going to end

AmberC
04-03-2006, 11:53 AM
Ok.. so Megan (my 11 month old) has been sick with the flu again since Friday. Shes starting to get better. Still some diahrrea, but definitely feeling better.

This morning.. Crista threw up. I cant believe this! When is this going to end! I thought we were in the clear because everyone was healthy from this damn flu for about a week when Megan got re-infected and now Crista is throwing up this morning!

I am praying that Crista just got too much excitement as my mother in law and grandmother in law are here and they were out all day yesterday. Went to church in Williamsburg then walking around downtown Williamsburg only to come home and have a big dinner and playing outside, eating a lot of sugar and running around. But we shall see.

Amber

traco
04-03-2006, 01:11 PM
Let's hope it was too much sun, sugar, excitement. It probably was all that. Is Crista prone to throwing up if too excited? And how is Megan feeling now, better since Friday? And how about you and your hubby? I know the bug we had here, my son was sick for a month so there is a bug out there that is a hanger on.

Hope you all feel better soon.

AmberC
04-03-2006, 01:27 PM
No.. Crista isn't one to just throw up like that. Actually before this bug.. there was only ONE other time when she and I got that 24/48 hr bug last year in Jan.

She just threw up again and all she had was a popcicle so I know its the flu again. Megan is feeling better, still some diahrrea, but shes eating again. She didn't eat ANYTHING for like two days. All she had was pedialyte to keep her hydrated.

Hubby and I are just fine... but I'm waiting for us to get it again too since both girls have now :(

Thanks for asking.

Amber

pcsb23
04-03-2006, 01:55 PM
Its rotten when your kids are ill, really takes it out of you. Make sure you look after yourself as well as the little ones.

Take care,

korbi_doc
04-03-2006, 03:51 PM
Well, been a long time since my kids were little, thought I had forgotten those illnesses; after my back surgery, stayed with my daughter's family which includes the 4yr old great-grandaughter... all went well for 2 weeks, then she became ill, v & d, etc.....daycare & school brings home everything...I got sick for 5 days with that one, fever etc, (just no v or d for me), then 1 week later she did it again & this time I babysat so my granddaughter wouldn't miss college classes....well seems it was either scarlet fever or something close & I got it 1 wk later, rash, fever, weakness etc.....so my recovery from back surgery has been very complicated.....glad it's over, & now with some PT maybe I'll recover....

Anyway, Amber, these illnesses seem very frequent with the little ones, I emphathize; but things should get better....be glad you & your husband are ok so far, hope it stays that way for you, Dottie

Jarrod
04-03-2006, 04:30 PM
Amber...having kids that are sick is no picnic I know...I just hope they get over it soon and that you and your hubby don't come down with it as well!! Hope they recover soon and get back to being happy healthy kids for you and hubby soon...know it's not much but the best I can offer anyway.
Jarrod

Jarrod
04-03-2006, 05:04 PM
Dottie...sounds like the greatgrandaughter was taught to share as well...sorry to hear you got it too!...hopefully a quick revovery for you both is in the cards...
Jarrod