View Full Version : ANY SELLER OF QUALITY DISCUS CLOSE BY ANY AIRPORT IN USA

DISCUS USA
04-03-2006, 06:47 PM
I got a credit on airplane ticket and i want to go hand pick some quality discus from someone reputable that lives close by an airport here in USA .. doesnt matter what state just as long as your by the airport .. thanks ahead of time peoplez.. :)

GottaBeKiN
04-03-2006, 10:18 PM
Lol Hector you using your ticket to go buy discus instead of a vacation.

DISCUS USA
04-03-2006, 10:30 PM
Hey Kin,, my job does not permit me to take week long vactions so i can only sneak away on weekends real quik .. so i want to try go somewhere nice and hand pick some goodies for my collection.. still not sure where to go.. :)

GottaBeKiN
04-03-2006, 10:55 PM
Singarpore!

DISCUS USA
04-03-2006, 11:51 PM
Singapore ,, i wish ha ha .. :) if i ever go to Asia i never want to come back here .. discus heaven .. id be one the dudes they hire at fish farm to feed the discus and do the 100% water changes 3 times a day out there.. lol.. dream job.. lol.. wouldnt even be like a job cause i do it here for no pay all the time.. :)

troyclark
04-04-2006, 12:05 AM
I would recommend Jack and Willie at Discus_KC. They are in Kansas City, MO. and not too far from KCI airport. They have some beautiful high quality fish. HTH

DISCUS USA
04-04-2006, 12:16 AM
Thanks Troy Clark.. i just looked at Jet Blue destinations and unfortunately Kansas City,MO is not one of their destinations.. damm that Jet Blue.. :) ..

Has to be a Jet Blue destination point.. thats who i got the credit from.. thanks anyways troy.. appreciate it..

Anymore suggestions..

discusfire4
04-04-2006, 08:11 AM
I think Hans is in Baltimore. He has some great discus. Don't know if Jet Blue has a hub there or not.

DISCUS USA
04-04-2006, 08:47 AM
Ive had past experience with him and will pass on that one thats for sure .. thanks anyway..

DISCUS USA
04-04-2006, 12:12 PM
Man the odds are against me arent they..lol..

Jet Blue dont have hub in chicago either.. :( i was thinking of visiting that place too until i found out Jet Blue is doing me wrong..lol.. :)

Damm always wanted to go to chi town too even before discus,, one day i hope.. thanks djarvis..

Discusgeo2
04-04-2006, 01:14 PM
Why not go to San Francisco and do a day of shopping out there. You have Tony at Sunrise, maybe Samson by appointment at Universal Discus, Herman at Fairy Lake or Cliff of Cliffs Discus. There are others but I don't know them all. Maybe Marie and the others out there could help you out.

AADiscus
04-04-2006, 03:35 PM
We are about 30-45 minutes from Tulsa Airport. (Depending on traffic)

kaceyo
04-04-2006, 04:20 PM
I think George has a good idea there. Alot of breeders/importers in the bay area.

Kacey

brewmaster15
04-05-2006, 08:28 AM
Hector,
Just go to florida and take a vacation.:D forget about bringing back the discus, a little sun and a little fun would be a better waste of the $$$$.
-al

DISCUS USA
04-05-2006, 09:03 AM
LOL.. ya it would be good to just get out of NY go to FLORIDA forget about discus and everything else,, even if its just for a weekend.. maybe go see the grandparents in sunny hott Puerto Rico ,,jet blue got hub for over there too..

Still id like to go somewhere far pick out my own discus ,,always wanted to do that since day one in this hobby.. can always have mini vactaion then pick out fish right before i leave back to NY.. :)

alpine
04-05-2006, 07:00 PM
Hector, if I could take a trip to see some discus suppliers I think I would go to Baltimore , but I know how that is for you. So, I would go to California . there are many great discus people there. Just make plans with one person and maybe visit two ot three people.

roberto.

diamond
04-09-2006, 11:36 AM
You could fly into either Ft Laud or Miami and check out what Gabe at Jack Wattley Discus has . He is about 20 minutes from both airports. I am sure you would be bringing some real nice fish home.

Joe

wpegden
05-23-2006, 11:58 AM
You could fly into Newark and take a trip to Discus Madness (http://www.discusmadness.com), although you'd have to either rent a car for a short drive or take the train. On the plus side, you could also go to the Shark Aquarium (http://www.sharkaquarium.com/) (not my choice for Discus, but they have some neat fish...).

wpegden
05-23-2006, 12:01 PM
Another thing to mention... if you DO make to to Chicago, be sure to visit the Shedd Aquarium. Their Amazon exhibit is spectacular.

yeomans
05-23-2006, 12:22 PM
Hey hector, can you fly to any Canadian destinations at all? Toronto has a great selection of breeders, I'm flying there next month to get some beauties. josh

cosman
05-28-2006, 12:26 AM
:wave: I WAS GOINGTO SAY CHICAGO, BUT THEN I SEEN YOUR POST ABOUT NOT BEING ABLE TO COME. THATS A SHAME BUTCH IS 10 MIN. AWAY FROM OHARE!!! HE'S GOT SOME NICE PRODUCT