PDA

View Full Version : Who Does Google Say YOU Are?

Kindredspirit
04-05-2006, 07:53 PM
Hey Guys~

On the radio today people were calling in to say what came up as the first two choices....when they Googled their names ~ it was very interesting! S0ooooooooo......lets do it? This one lady was an accountant and she was also dead! One guy was a Dentist....

I googled me and I came up as Miss World 2006 in Puerto Rico! And the second one was a Missing Woman! lol! I then googled my real name, as Marie is my middle name, and I was a Pest Control and HEIR of Georgia...whatever that is~I didnt feel like reading all of it! And the funny thing about this one is that in paranthesis there was my maiden name!

So go Google!!

Marie ~ http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_4_10.gif

traco
04-05-2006, 08:10 PM
Get this. I am a Clinical Assistant Professor in the Department of Psychiatry at Stanford University Medical Center.:)

Timbo
04-05-2006, 08:32 PM
turns out I'm some dood named "Wayne Ng"...who's that?

candyl70
04-05-2006, 08:35 PM
I think you can imagine what mine is. A nude model. :o That's the one thing I never liked about my name.....

jeep
04-05-2006, 08:42 PM
I was murdered by Bill Clinton :shocked:

April
04-05-2006, 08:48 PM
lol fine then..im a volleyball champion. (insert eye rolling emoticon) im ascared of balls coming at me..it could hit me.

Ryan
04-05-2006, 09:04 PM
Apparently I released a CD in 1998 and I'm the author of an online comic strip "revolving around 2 building owners, their tenants and the absurd lives they live".

I do play music, but I never released a CD... and I used to sketch and draw, but never released a comic strip. Weird how those two things sort of paralleled my life though, lol.

The Mighty Google knows all.

Ryan

Kindredspirit
04-05-2006, 09:10 PM
This is hilarious! My daughter was a famous soccer player for Michigan State!!

Too Dayum Funny ~ Timbo and Jeep...come on guys!! Play The Game!! Please? April! lol! Barb...that is a good thing, yes? Candy....I can see you doin that ~ you have the looks...Ryan...what have you not been tellin us?

Doug A
04-05-2006, 10:08 PM
I'm the president and CEO of the St. Louis sports commision and I'm also the owner and operator of Plantation carriages, which has something to do with Clydesdale horses.

Alan
04-05-2006, 10:33 PM
(a) Vegetable Supplier in Mindanao, Philippines
(b) Actor with Irvine Repertory
(c) Special Events Committee with the Philippine Dept. of Public Works and Highways
(d) 10K run finisher
(e) Operations Manager for RJR (family-owned corporation)
(f) Registered to run the Maui Marathon

Take your pick. 3 of them are correct :D

Alan
04-05-2006, 10:38 PM
I did an image google of my name and it came out empty. I did an image google of my last name and the first picture was with the LAPD's most wanted. Yikes! (It came out as a first name on the most wanted list though - whew)

jeep
04-05-2006, 10:52 PM
Jeep...come on guys!! Play The Game!! Please?

LOL... I was serious :o The first site that came up was "Clinton's Body Count", whatever that means :confused: ...

DiscusStudent
04-05-2006, 11:05 PM
Apparantly I play the guitar and I'm in some band. Wish someone would've told me this before now.

londonloco
04-05-2006, 11:33 PM
I'm myself, twice!

brewmaster15
04-06-2006, 07:54 AM
I guess I get around alot....I'm just me from here and my old lab job :( , except for one entry where I am a war veteran and post commander... Ironically this older version of me lives in my state about 20 minutes from me.:)

-al

pcsb23
04-06-2006, 09:35 AM
Apparently I am a professor of Law or a contemporary Canadian artist!

Kindredspirit
04-06-2006, 09:49 AM
(a) Vegetable Supplier in Mindanao, Philippines
(b) Actor with Irvine Repertory
(c) Special Events Committee with the Philippine Dept. of Public Works and Highways
(d) 10K run finisher
(e) Operations Manager for RJR (family-owned corporation)
(f) Registered to run the Maui Marathon

Take your pick. 3 of them are correct :D

Alan ~ I shall pick D & E ? Am I correct?

candyl70
04-06-2006, 10:50 AM
WOMAN!!!!

LMAO... all I have to say is.... HELL NO!!!!!

diskboy
04-06-2006, 05:19 PM
it says im a coach for the eagles football team o ya lol ;)

Alan
04-07-2006, 01:14 AM
Alan ~ I shall pick D & E ? Am I correct?

BZZZZZT! 1 out of 2!

Spices
04-07-2006, 02:32 AM
This is wild!!! I found a male counterpart of me who is an actor in a thriller movie (Korean). Then I found me as an opera singer. LOL :D {I do sing....lah!}

Crazy stuff. At first, I got Chinese language because my name Ng (as I spell it for Angie). :D heee....heeee... LOL

JMArtist
04-07-2006, 07:50 AM
Well I Googled my name, it showed almost all my web pages!
Plus some guy that is an investment Manager...I come use him, and some guy that apparently died. RIP fella.
When I hit the "I'm Feeling Lucky" button, it brought me to the "Biography" page of my website...so that isn't so bad now

Kindredspirit
04-07-2006, 08:02 AM
This is wild!!! I found a male counterpart of me who is an actor in a thriller movie (Korean). Then I found me as an opera singer. LOL :D {I do sing....lah!}

Crazy stuff. At first, I got Chinese language because my name Ng (as I spell it for Angie). :D heee....heeee... LOL

Hey woman!!

Long time no see~is this not this hilarious? I though it would be fun!

Marie ~ http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/8/8_3_19.gif

steve.ryall
04-12-2006, 06:27 AM
Hey guys,

Am I daft or what? how are you googling your names? Anyone want to tell me what I am???:D Be kind now :o

Steve

Kindredspirit
04-12-2006, 09:09 AM
Yes Steven! Google your name! lol!

I googled ya ~ wanna know?? Got money? Fish? OR I cld take that fine K00L motorcycle of yours??

You are: Google's Top Choice : A Senior Software Developer ~ a BBC Collector w/ a pretty neat website ~ and ~ you are also an: Admission's Tutor for UC of South Hampton!! Posh, eh??

Any of Google's choices correct?

it was fun!

M ~ http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/8/8_3_19.gif

steve.ryall
04-12-2006, 01:10 PM
HA HA thats great Marie,

Admission's Tutor for UC of South Hampton!! Posh, eh??

That bit was good, I am a tutor and College Lecturer/Course Manager in my town lol

Sweet... I've been recognised by Google, thanks Marie :D

nacra99
04-12-2006, 01:37 PM
ARGHHH!!!!!
I'm a woman!!!!!!!

How can Marc be a woman's name??

Stillwater Aquatics
04-17-2006, 03:42 PM
Now I thought this was kinda funny...

I was hired by my leading competitor(network consulting firm)

I wonder how much im making there?

I hate it when im left out
:rolleyes2:

jon:D :D

Kindredspirit
04-17-2006, 04:38 PM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_2_75.gif Marc that is funny!!! ...a woman!

John John John.....you were left out? aww....poor baby!

M~

White Worm
04-18-2006, 01:27 PM
I'm an Associate Professor at the Harvard Business School. I write about diplomacy - both international and corporate - and about accelerating leadership transitions.
Pretty funny considering I'm currently an airforce recruiter. I'm the definition of helping people transition into leadership, pretty cool!

Kindredspirit
04-18-2006, 01:31 PM
I'm an Associate Professor at the Harvard Business School.

umm......yeah Mike... you wish!! are you serious?? I am gonna Google you and make sure you are not lying! lol!!

Marie~ http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/29/29_2_15.gif

White Worm
04-18-2006, 01:38 PM
Not kidding, nothing shows up if I put my middle name in but when I use my first and last name, that is the first thing that pops up. This dude actually has written some books or something on those subjects too. Pretty big coincidence huh?

White Worm
04-18-2006, 01:55 PM
If you use just Mike then I write about Canadian and world politics, and touch on technology once in a while plus I dabble in Web Design and then I moonlight as some famous realestate agent who goes on tours giving motivational speeches.
This is my favorite though...
As the supervisor of the Satellite Geodesy and Geodynamics Systems Group, Mike Watkins is very involved in SCIGN research at JPL. He is also a member of the SCIGN Board, and is deeply involved in the planning and implementation of the network and coordinating JPL's efforts with those from other agencies involved in the SCIGN project. *** did they say there?

Mike earned his B.S., M.S., and Ph.D. in Aerospace Engineering from the University of Texas at Austin. Prior to his work at JPL, Mike was a research scientist at the Center for Space Research in the Department of Aerospace Engineering at UT-Austin and was also a visiting scientist at the Obseratoire de Paris, in France. Kinda funny because I have my degree in Aircraft Maintenance technology

In addition to his work with the SCIGN project, Mike is studying improvements to GPS analysis, including ambiguity resolution techniques and improved orbit and troposphere modelling and the Earth's gravity field and its temporal variations. He is involved in the GRACE mission to map the global geoid at a mm-scale. HUH?

Mike is a member of the American Geophysical Union, and is a member of the Geodesy Executive Committee of AGU, as well as Tau Beta Pi. He has been awarded two NASA Group Acheivement Awards for his work with CDP and TOPEX Development, and also the NASA Public Service Award for his work with TOPEX/Posiedon Precise Orbit Determination.
All these years, and I didnt know I was a genious.

marilyn1998
04-18-2006, 02:03 PM
LOL!! I get myself!!!!!

Michiganders, where art thou? SimplyDiscus

Marilyn Lesniak Commerce, MI 40 miles north of Ann Arbor. __________________
Marilyn 90G Community Tank, 4 discus, 1 ram, 4 cory, 1BN 30G QT, 7 discus ...
forum.simplydiscus.com//showthread.php?t=44725 - 66k - Cached - Similar pages

Kindredspirit
04-20-2006, 09:37 AM
Hey Sis~

You got yourself? I wonder why? I have heard of no one getting themselves ......is that even a sentence? Doesnt sound right! lol!!

Marie ~ http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/15/15_8_208.gif

Jeckel
04-23-2006, 03:08 PM
A while back I Googled myself (too much time on my hands), got myself, and learned something about myself I hadn't known! As an undergraduate physics student, I did a senior year research project that my professor continued and published in a research journal 6 years later. By that time I had moved on and neglected to keep in touch, so I wasn't notified about it. So I had a scientific publication (I was listed as first author!) and never knew.

Jerry