PDA

View Full Version : Frogs!!!

AADiscus
04-07-2006, 09:40 PM
We have a koi pond in the backyard. It is spring and stormy here. So of course the frogs (toads) have started crocking. lol They are so loud and noisy. We have a pond in the house also, i just put some of the tad poles in the house. lol we will have little frogs jumping everywhere. (Hope the parrot doesn't eat them) Here's a couple pics.

AADiscus
04-07-2006, 09:41 PM
Another

AADiscus
04-07-2006, 09:47 PM
Here's the parrot (African Grey), his vocabulary is really big and says some things he shouldn't. lol :D

Greg Richardson
04-07-2006, 10:46 PM
Blame it on the Parrot!

I suppose the dog farts a lot also? LOL!

Have u tried feeding the tadpoles to your discus?
There was a thread about this but no one posted they had I believe.

Alan
04-07-2006, 11:37 PM
Nice parrot. I almost got one, but after reading about them and the attention they need, decided not to. Is it really true? (They need a lot of attention?)

Westie
04-08-2006, 05:12 AM
Right now is the wet toad season. You rarely see them, unless you flush your drainage(nest),but the chorus ae nighttime is glorious to us! Drowns out the growing city airport/freeway noise. What a mess huh? Did I mention dear, racoon and a poor koi pond to boot?

AmberC
04-08-2006, 09:44 AM
OMG I LOVE frogs! Sooo cute!!!

I've never had an african but I have had
3 moluccans
1 umbrella
2 scarlets
1 hyacinth
2 budgies
2 lutino lovebirds
3 black masked LB
1 mixed LB
2 peachfaced LB
and 2 cockatiels (what I currently have)

One of our Moluccans aptly nicknamed me Ambird. :D

Amber

diskboy
04-08-2006, 09:50 AM
i raise tads in 10 gals. :D

AADiscus
04-08-2006, 02:26 PM
These are all over the place in our pond that is in the backyard. We have tadpoles everywhere! When they get bigger and leave the pond it is really hard to mow the yard. They are hopping all over the place.

Alan, the parrot does take alot of attention. He is just like a kid. He's cool though. He has his own perch out in the backyard so when we are out there. He loves the blues. You turn Stevie Ray Vaughn on and he gets so excited.

Westie, we live outside of town so not alot of noise except the waterfall from the pond and the toads breeding. lol It is nice until you get about 50 of them breeding and calling in females.

Amber, An African Grey is suppose to be the most high in vocabulary to speak. I would have to agree on this. His is probably in the realm of 200+ words. He is probably equivalent to a 3 year old. He talks in sentences and will ask you questions, etc. He has phone conversations to. lol

AmberC
04-08-2006, 02:44 PM
:) Yes I know all about them.

Amber