PDA

View Full Version : What meds to order?

Derock
04-08-2006, 02:21 AM
I'm going to be ordering some Prime from an online store...because it's cheaper than the lfs. While I'm ordering this I would also like to stock up on some medication that is also alot cheaper. I have never de-wormed my fish since I have had them. They all appear healthy except for two sad runts. So what medication should I order for de-worming and what other basic meds should I purchase? Thanks from a newbie.

Cosmo
04-08-2006, 10:17 AM
Derock ~

A difficult question to answer since a lot depends upon what you anticipate needing, and how much you want to invest for just in case situations. There was another very recent thread on this topic..

http://forum.simplydiscus.com//showthread.php?t=49262&highlight=medicine+cabinet

.. and the answers pretty much ran the gamut... RyanH has a well stocked med cabinet IMO, but all these meds may not be practical or necessary for your situation. PLUS, most online stores either don't carry some of these meds (some you need to have a registered certificate on file before you can buy them.. a quick painless process), and those that may sell them in tiny quantities for way too much money.

There are other threads that you can find doing a search, even take a look through the library..

hth

Jim

good luck

Jim

Derock
04-08-2006, 11:25 AM
Thanks Cosmo......I'll check the past responses. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction,D.