PDA

View Full Version : Pics of new tanks and such

Jarrod
04-09-2006, 12:12 PM
Well FINALLY got some pics of new tanks...lol..and even getting em posted!..The ones I'm posting are all MT for the time being..LOL but NOT for long!! First one is the 15 gal.
Thanks for looking and more to follow if you all think I should lol
Jarrod

Jarrod
04-09-2006, 12:15 PM
55 gal

Jarrod
04-09-2006, 12:17 PM
55 and 15
Thanks for looking
Jarrod

ping
04-09-2006, 01:23 PM
Nice tanks Jarrod. But where are the discus ? :D
You may need a rack so you can put more tanks LOL :D.

Regards,
Ronny

Jarrod
04-09-2006, 02:07 PM
Ronny...LOL the discus are here just not in these 2 particular tanks at the moment..I wish I could set up racks to go up with em!...but somehow I getting the imprssion from the "POWER'S that be" that one is sorta kinda almost outta the question LOL but maybe someday lol maybe some day..:D
Jarrod

candyl70
04-09-2006, 03:38 PM
Looks great Jarrod!!! :D

marilyn1998
04-09-2006, 03:41 PM
Wow Jarrod!! I am jealous! Wish I could have a couple of MT tanks. I have a 30 and 2- 10's, but hubby wont let me put water in them. :p
IF only I wouldnt mind having the basement as a fish room. But that means too much alone time for me. Think I will spend it with my hubby secretly daydreaming about the tanks being full. :D :D

Ahh, living vicariously through others is good, too. I have tne BEST planted tank that way!!!! :D :D :D

More pics when you fill em up!

discusfever
04-09-2006, 05:17 PM
Nice set up
Lance:bandana:

Jarrod
04-09-2006, 05:24 PM
Thanks Candy!

Jarrod
04-09-2006, 05:38 PM
Wow Jarrod!! I am jealous! Wish I could have a couple of MT tanks. I have a 30 and 2- 10's, but hubby wont let me put water in them. :p

Marilyln...LoL..I'd have even more if I had more room for em!!! :)

IF only I wouldnt mind having the basement as a fish room. But that means too much alone time for me. Think I will spend it with my hubby secretly daydreaming about the tanks being full. :D :D

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh boy can I relate to too much time! But in my case that's all I have is time..all I really secretly wish for is more room to have MORE tanks..lol..I'm just so damn thankful my spousal unit tolerates my fish habits and all...lol :) :)

Ahh, living vicariously through others is good, too. I have tne BEST planted tank that way!!!! :D :D :D
And don't feel bad about living vicariously with the planted stuff!..hell I do thate every day when I think about gardens and greenhouses..not to mention having tanks and tanks full of discus.

More pics when you fill em up!

Oh yea the pics will get taken and posted lol...it may take me a while to get er done but I'll do it :D
Jarrod

trusty
04-09-2006, 06:12 PM
hey buddy nice, hey where can i find some 15g

Kindredspirit
04-09-2006, 06:40 PM
Now you have to fill em all up, Jarrod! Looks great!

Marie ~ http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_4_10.gif

Jarrod
04-09-2006, 08:47 PM
Well Trusty..I happened to trade a 10 gal to my son for this one lol...and here I thought I raised him to be smarter than that!!...guess tha's what I get for thinking huh?
Jarrod

Jarrod
04-09-2006, 08:52 PM
Ahhhhhhh Marie...lol...do ya REALLY think they need to ALL be filled??....ya mean to tell me that just clear water isn't enuff?? Hmmmmmmmm...given my nature I suppose you're right tho...they definetly need discus in em...ok ok call it a flaw in my nature...lol...got to have a reason to have the FH and FBW and FBS in my freezer
Thanks Marie
Jarrod

Audrey
04-10-2006, 01:44 PM
Jarrod, they look really nice! Nice paint jobs on 'em. Did you use the same color on all 3 of them? Looks different in the pics. I just wonder because I used the same color paint on my 75-gal as I did on my 125-gal but it looks like I used 2 different colors. Maybe because of the depth/wideness of the tanks is not the same? Who knows....

Audrey

pcsb23
04-10-2006, 02:24 PM
FISH!!!!! Where are the FISH!!!!

Nice tanks :D

Jarrod
04-10-2006, 02:29 PM
Yep Audrey same color on all of em....I think the color difference on these is because on a couple of them rather than tear em down and not painting them before I set them up is the fact I painted white foamcore board and taped it to a couple of the tanks instead of painting the back glass like I should have done.
Jarrod

Jarrod
04-10-2006, 02:32 PM
LOL Paul....fish???...what ya mean I gotta put fish in em too???? LOL...actually I'm gonna be getting some more in a couple of weeks...Thanks Paul!
Jarrod

Ryan
04-10-2006, 02:32 PM
Audrey,

The color difference could also be the type and size of the light you're using. If you have the same light fixture on a 20 gallon vs. a 55 gallon, the 55 gallon will look a little darker since it's a larger tank. The wattage of the bulbs and the type (full spectrum, standard fluorescents, etc.) have a lot to do with the way colors show up, both on your fish and your decorations/substrate/paint.

Ryan

Audrey
04-10-2006, 02:41 PM
Good point, Ryan...I should've known that!
I keep waiting for the bulbs on my 125-gal to burn out so I can get new ones, some that show off my discus' colors better.

Thanks!

Audrey

bennyblanco
04-10-2006, 11:39 PM
Good point, Ryan...I should've known that!
I keep waiting for the bulbs on my 125-gal to burn out so I can get new ones, some that show off my discus' colors better.

Thanks!

Audrey
what can of bulbs you will get cause i want to change mys to

trusty
04-11-2006, 02:14 AM
Very nice what kinda of strains are u planning to get buddy.

Jarrod
04-11-2006, 07:44 AM
Thank you, Well Trusty my next ones are going to be white diamonds...and I think that'll fill me out.
Jarrod

Timbo
04-11-2006, 07:48 AM
if you have fish with blue in them, try an actinic type bulb in conjunction with a daylight.. or better, switch to those 10,000K bulbs. they are higher in the blue spectrum and will make the blues in your fish come alive

also the bluer bulbs give off a very attractive ambiance in the evening. it personal preference tho