PDA

View Full Version : Took the plunge!

Ricarte
04-16-2006, 12:09 AM
I've been in the aquarium hobby for about three years now mainly for my daughters. I've owned mostly tetras, corys, and rams but my daughters never enjoyed them because the fish would hide when anyone approached the tank.

All the times I visited my LFS, I always stopped and stared at the discus they had. I never thought I ever would own discus mainly because of the cost involved (discus they had were ~$80 each). After doing some research, mainly on this site, I took the plunge and bought my first discus from a local area breeder. Bought six for less than $150. Money well spent IMO since these discus would always come to the front of the tank begging for food when anyone approached. My daughters love the new fish and so does my wife (But she doesn't like all the WCs involved).

I just wanted to say that if I didn't do my research on SimplyDiscus before the purchase, the six fish would probably be dead by now. Also, I think I caught the discus bug since I am looking to now buy a couple of beautiful silver pigeons that my LFS imports directly from Stendker Germany. Anyway, here are some pics of the fish that I got so far.

Ricarte
04-16-2006, 12:10 AM
Another pic...

Ricarte
04-16-2006, 12:10 AM
Last one...

marilyn1998
04-16-2006, 07:37 AM
Beautiful fish!!!! Absoultely! And that tank is so clean and clear!!!! I am jealous!! Your hard work shows. Enjoy those healthy fish and watch them get huge!!!

AADiscus
04-16-2006, 07:45 AM
Welcome to Simply Ricarte!!! I'm glad you did your research before jumping into discus. Sounds like you got some great healthy fish. Keep up the good work on them and they will thrive for you.

ps....this is just the beginning of the discus bug!! lol :D

Jarrod
04-16-2006, 12:01 PM
Ricarte...welcome to Simply!!!..You did exactly the right thing IMHO by doing your "homework" of researching this forum!..you can't get any better info and help than here...you got some beautiful fish!!...LOL...have to admit my wife isn't real high on all the water changes I have to ask her to help me with either...but I'm VERY VERY fortunate in the respect that she does help me everyday with them.
Jarrod

alpine
04-16-2006, 12:34 PM
Ricarte, I feel your enthusiam....that is Great. Enjoy your fish. It kind if gets bigger and bigger..so exercise some discipline now and then ..;)
You are definetly in the right place , read and ask questions.

roberto.