PDA

View Full Version : my miceys

diskboy
04-17-2006, 10:06 PM
ok i hav two mice one is a albino with some brown spots on her (abigail), the other is white with black on her (mooshu got it from mulan my fav movie plus she looks like a cow). they live in their AWSOME lol mouse palace. now lets et to the point. i got these guys like 6 months ago and if we have any mice owners here give me a shout if i did this wrong. i had a pair of guiney pigs and was told to ive them baths once a month, well.....i figured since my mice were a little stinky that i would give them a bath ( i have before with no problems) and when i was doing mooshu she was clawling all over (i dont stick them under the facet i just get my fingures wet and scrub) so when i was drying her off with a paper towel she started so sqeek really loud but i thought well maybe she just was having a fit because i gave her a bath. but when i went to pick her up a couple minutes later she started to freak out and sqeek at me and even tried to bite me whih she never did before. i hope she is feeling better in the morning i think she was just really scared after this ordeal. i dont want her becoming a biter because they are so sweet i would hate for her to do somthing like that.

sorry about that i just had to get that off my chest........

~kevin~

diskboy
04-18-2006, 09:11 AM
ok im happy to say that she is doing alot better she lets me pick her up now and she dosnt sqeek

marilyn1998
04-18-2006, 09:18 AM
maybe she wasnt feeling well? or could she be pregnant???

AmberC
04-18-2006, 10:38 AM
or could she be pregnant???

This is what I was thinking. As for the bath thing... Well remember Kevin, they are rodents lol.. they are going to smell a bit. I have a guinea pig and I ONLY give him a bath if he really needs it. Like sometimes he'll get pee in his hair and it gets all nasty. What kind of soap are you using for them? (If any.)

I'm glad she is feeling better!

Amber

tpl*co
04-18-2006, 11:07 AM
Aren't rodents supposed to get dry baths? (sand or some other type of stuff they roll in?) Maybe she thought you were drowning her!

AmberC
04-18-2006, 11:28 AM
Aren't rodents supposed to get dry baths? (sand or some other type of stuff they roll in?) Maybe she thought you were drowning her!

Thats Chinchillas :)

Amber

diskboy
04-18-2006, 02:08 PM
well i dont know how she would be pregnant as i have two females. and they did have pee in their fur so thats why i gave them a bath, i dont use soap either.

Ryan
04-18-2006, 02:13 PM
Chinchillas are so funny to watch in their dust baths. My friend has a little guy named Avery. He's really something else. I've never been the type to keep those sorts of pets (chins, rats, mice, guinea pigs, rabbits, etc.) but I'll admit that he's fun to watch and play with. But he gets mad and squeaks at you, or tries to bite you. lol

Ryan

diskboy
04-18-2006, 02:24 PM
lol i would love to have a chinchila or a ferret but mom says no more pets till i leave the house so i can support myself

brewmaster15
04-18-2006, 02:29 PM
I have had a chincilla now for 10 years... I love them... They are very clean rodents and have an awesome personality if used to people.

My chincilla , sarah, lives in the fish room.

Ryan...next time you visit your friend...bring a box of raisins..Chincillas have an unbelievable sweet tooth.... one raisen in hand and you'll be holding that furball like it was a kitten.:)

-al

AmberC
04-18-2006, 03:27 PM
well i dont know how she would be pregnant as i have two females. and they did have pee in their fur so thats why i gave them a bath, i dont use soap either.

lol.. well then it would be a miracle if she was preggo ;) Maybe she just didn't like the temp of the water, or was just not feeling good. Its possible they got into a little scuff and she got bit and was sore or something.. who knows. I'm glad shes doing better now tho :)

Amber

White Worm
04-18-2006, 05:24 PM
Well, I bought a couple hamsters for my daughter that were supposed to be males and I then had 10 little gummy hamsters from 2 males, hmmmm.

brewmaster15
04-18-2006, 06:00 PM
Mike,
when that happens, you need to buy a pet snake:)

al

White Worm
04-18-2006, 06:38 PM
Funny you should mention that, I used to have a Nile Monitor (BIG Lizard, about 3 FT long nose to tip of tail) 4-5 inch thick body and completely muscle from head to toe. This thing was mean and very difficult to handle, even with leather gloves up to my elbows. If you really want to hear a mouse scream, listen to one after it got caught for dinner. Then you could see the look of fear in the eyes of the next 3 that were mingling in the tank waiting their turn. Kinda morbid, sorry, but it was fun to watch how fast he was and at least the mice didnt suffer too long. You could even hang them from their tail over the tank and he would snatch them. I also had a python but it wasnt as quick and as fun to watch since it didnt have any teeth like the Nile.

White Worm
04-18-2006, 06:43 PM
Just like this little guy, but much bigger and the only way I could calm him down sometimes was to let him go for a swim in the bathtub, he loved it!

diskboy
04-18-2006, 06:47 PM
ewwww

White Worm
04-18-2006, 06:47 PM
Like this youngin

White Worm
04-18-2006, 06:52 PM
Next time your mouse decides to squeak at you or bite, show it a picture of the nile monitor, that might change its mind. Kinda like when Al was chopping heads off of fish (salmon I believe) that he caught while his discus were watching in the fish room and then the discus freaked out when he went near the tank, lol. I think it was al? The discus must have thought they were next.

Kindredspirit
04-19-2006, 12:42 AM
Mike,
when that happens, you need to buy a pet snake:)

al

Al!! Shame on you! lol! I can not believe you said that!

It made me remember the other day I was in Pets Mart and in the frig where they keep the frozen bloodworms I saw little containers of frozen baby mice!! You could actually see them thru the transparent windows! There were other containers ~ which were all dolled up to look cute...lol.....with other little frozen creatures in them as well ~ ugh!

And at another huge pet store here in Sacramento there are these bins....of little live creatures....all for their reptiles that need live food! Oodles of bins... itz a dog eat dog world!

Marie~ http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_4_10.gif

brewmaster15
04-19-2006, 06:32 AM
Sorry Marie,

But I own about 15 snakes, and try as I may..I can't get them to do the salad and croutons thing:) They are designed for eating other animals.:)

http://a7.cpimg.com/image/FF/21/9595647-291b-02000182-.jpg

Kindredspirit
04-19-2006, 06:46 AM
Al~

I know! I love snakes too! I assume that is yours? Your arm? lol! He is beautiful Al~ What is he? I never knew this about you!

I have never owned one tho ~ actually that is not true as we had some Gardener Snakes I think they are called? They ate live goldfish ~ we use to love to watch them dive in and get one! We always knew cuz we wld hear the water splashing and knew that a goldfish was gonna bite the dust once again and we wld all run and look! What was so amazing Al was how big that little snake cld open his mouth to rec'v that tiny fish! We wld watch it pass on down , whole, thru the body with time ~ very K00L~ With your snakes....I cld only imagine! It is funny I can pick up any snake but if NuNu my loach in my tank touches me .....umm........Hell No!

You shld post more pics ~ Please? What kinds do you have?
Sorry Kev ~ do not mean to hi-jack your thread! Even tho I know you are lovin it!

Marie ~ http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/29/29_2_15.gif

brewmaster15
04-19-2006, 06:52 AM
Hi Marie,
I work with Rat snakes, many of which I use in class rooms to teach children about reptiles.

I have had snakes longer than Discus...I think I got my first one about 25 years ago.:)

That snake is mine..its an everglades Ratsnake... I have black ratsnakes, texas ratsnakes, yellow ratsnakes, gulf hammock rat snake, and several forms of corn snakes ( ratsnakes).

-al

AmberC
04-19-2006, 08:57 AM
He looks great Al! I've had a rosy tailed boa (it was actually my dads and he gave it to some kid whose dad he worked with cause he didn't want it anymore :confused: ) and I've had a ball python and a corn snake. (Nothing special.. my work asked me to take him cause he was sick and I was trying to nurse him back. he was gone tho :( and my ball was sick when I got him too so he didn't last long :(

I WANT a sand boa. I think they are just so cute! They had a few at my work adn then I saw a program about them on disc. and I just love them!

Amber

White Worm
04-19-2006, 12:51 PM
How funny this thread went from cute little furry rodents to vicious meat eating retiles, lol.:D

diskboy
04-19-2006, 01:21 PM
i saw some of the cutest mali uromastyx....i also saw a B...E....A..utiful albino cornsnake. i wanted a leopard geko but my mom said we arnt lizard people.

i have had 2 green anoles (both males) but they both dies of old age :(
and a bearded dragon that my dad bought from me but we didnt know anythign about it and he got internal parisites and died :(

Stillwater Aquatics
04-19-2006, 01:52 PM
try getting bit by a xxl rat, ugh i hated those things but my taiwaneese beauty snakes ate em up like nothing. still have a scar from one of em rats, luckily he only lived a couple mins more. :D :D

seriously thier teeth were about an inch long and hurt

jon

brewmaster15
04-19-2006, 02:04 PM
Jon,
thats one Rat snake I Don't have and really want...:) Absolutley beautiful animals!!

-al

Stillwater Aquatics
04-19-2006, 02:17 PM
Yeah truely awesome snakes, i had a breeding pair of them, almost 7' in length(record size). They ended up in a local zoo after the 4th batch of babies. still paying for them lol but at least im not getting bit anymore. I had adopted them, from a freind at a pet store i worked evenings(i was the discus guy lol). anyways if you find em get em there great snakes mild temper nice markings..

oh and wife made me get rid of em, she likes discus =)

White Worm
04-19-2006, 02:40 PM
Ok, so I used to also have this big green iguana and I never could find a proper name for him until one day I came home from work. If you know about iguanas, they always go to the highest point they can reach and since I let him have run of the house when I was single, he was always on top of the window shades near the ceiling and he would jump on or at me when I walked by. He thought it was a game and then would give me a nice welt from the whip of his tale. Well, this day I came home and he played his game and ended up missing me and broke one of his rear legs after hitting the wall and floor from 6ft. Now you pet lovers, medical bills are just as expensive as humans so my girlfriend at the time made me take him to the vet. I paid for xrays, the visit, medication and to top it off, I paid for a cast. The vet told me the he was a she so he gave her a pink cast. Her name from then on was greenback because she cost me more money than I paid for her. Plus, she had a green back, lol.