PDA

View Full Version : GCCA Swap Meet 4/30 Arlington Hts, IL

billeagan
04-19-2006, 09:14 PM
I believe this is the last one for a few months with the summer fast approaching.

The last one was a record breaker!!! Get there early to get the best selection.

Sunday, April 30, 2006
10:00 AM to 3:00 PM

Sheraton Chicago Northwest
3400 West Euclid Avenue, Arlington Heights, Illinois Phone (847) 394-2000

http://www.gcca.net/swapmeet.htm

Cosmo
04-21-2006, 05:14 PM
Wow..

That Sheraton sits on property that I remember as having, at one time or another; deer hunting, giant fields of hemp that made for a great play ground, a little league baseball diamond, a huge garbage pit for the racetrack, and a double decker golf driving range... somewhat in that order. Of course, much of that was before there was a Euclid Ave ;)

When they first built Euclid it was very secluded, and as teenagers we used it as a drag strip... somehow, the speed limit signs were almost exactly a 1/4 mile apart :D Now they have the county courthouse at the intersection due east of the hotel :p

Across Euclid from the Sheraton is a chain link fence.. I grew up in one of the houses on the other side of the fence.. my parents lived there for 45 years..

I'll have to see if I can make it out to the swap meet... for the memories if nothing else..

Jim

JimmyB
05-01-2006, 09:12 AM
It was a good swap meet. I was a little surprised by the large number of folks selling/buying both Angel Fish and discus. I thought it would be primarily African cichlids but I even saw some guppies and some of those freaky dinosaur eels. Tanks full of large Koi angels for $5, Absolutely Discus had a couple of stingrays too. Did you sell them, Bill? I got some live blackworms and frozen bloodworms for my guys.