PDA

View Full Version : Discus for sale?

millincolin
04-20-2006, 07:41 PM
Im from Kamloops BC just wondering if anyone new of any private breeders in my area?

cobaltblue
04-20-2006, 10:43 PM
Hey Colin, welcome to Simply. Im from the lower mainland (abbotsford ) and i havnt heard of any breeders around here. There are some good importers close by though. Ive got some nice fish off Glenn in Surrey, and Jason is setting up shop in Vancouver but i dont think he is ready with fish yet. If you hear of anything, let me know too. Im always interested in finding local people. If i ever get fish past the free swimming stage, ill let you know and you can have some of my fry.

brewmaster15
04-21-2006, 08:02 AM
Hi Collin,
Welcome aboard! If you are looking for discus in your area..I can think of no one better than the Queen of Discus in BC to ask, April, she's a moderator here.. my guess is she knows most of the BC discus nuts. Shes from vancouver.... Theres also one of members, Glenn. I know he's a seller thats been in this ages as a hobbyist.

Good luck,
al

April
04-21-2006, 10:15 AM
hi there. welcome to simply.
im in vancouver..as brew said. i have discus..no fry right now..but there will be fry soon. if your ever in vancouver...lemme know. your welcome to come and have a look at my fishies.
theres a few simply members on here in b.c. some on the island..some in vancouver. think your it for kamloops... : )
:wave:

millincolin
04-21-2006, 02:12 PM
I actuly do go down to van often. Ill be therer at the end of april probably.
the one thing that worries me about getting discus from vancouver is the 4 hour car ride home. If any one has any pointers for travling it would be a grait help.

Ryan
04-21-2006, 02:15 PM
Fish get shipped overnight all the time. Four hours, if properly bagged, should be no big deal. That's about the same as if fish were being shipped via airport to airport.

Most discus hobbyists who are selling fry will be able to help you pack the fish properly for their extended car trip.

Ryan

brewmaster15
04-21-2006, 02:18 PM
A product called "bag buddies" by Jungle would be good insurance..They add air and a mild tranquilizer, as well a s conditioners to the water...

4 hours would be no problem with them.

-al