PDA

View Full Version : panic panic

CoKen
04-22-2006, 07:19 AM
hi Guys

my juvy discuses have been very active and curious around inside the tank which was very good, but dont know what happened to them today, i notice one of them was so panic and hiding in the cornor of the tank, initially, i thought it is kind of emotional reaction, so, i still feed them as usual, most of them were ok and eating except that panic one still hiding at the cornor. but gradually it comes out, then i was preparing to do the water change, when i use the suction hose to suck the water out of the tank, i notice something really wrong, all juvy discuses were like escaping away from disater (they were not like this when i was do water change before). when i refilled the water, everything is completed, i look at them again, this time really worry me, all discuses are under great stress, one of them actually stick its body into a very tight gap (between a glass and a filter hose), others are hiding everywhere where they can hide.

what is happening? what is happening? .............

anyone had this situation before??? pls tell me.

thank you!

rgds
Ken

BIGFOOT
04-22-2006, 07:43 AM
You might want to add to this post some water test results. You test the water didnt you. And how much and how often do you change the water?

Kindredspirit
04-22-2006, 09:08 AM
Hey Ken ~

You may get quicker response in the Sickness & Health Section ~ in the meantime cld you tell us more about your set up?

How many discus? How big is your tank? Water parameters? Bare bottom or gravel? Are they the only fish in the tank? How long have you had them? Did you qt? How often do you perform wc? Are you using a water conditioner?

I do apologize for so many questions, Ken ~ but it may be very helpful! Hang in there and someone shld pop on back to help~

Marie ~ http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_4_10.gif