PDA

View Full Version : WTB - Discus in Fort Worth, Tx Area

TAFQI
04-25-2006, 08:54 PM
Don't have much to spend, I want to buy local to save shipping charges.
Really looking for 6 or so to raise to Adulthood. Anyone overloaded with small guys and need to move a few?

TJR
04-25-2006, 10:37 PM
What size discus are you looking for? I am in Fort Worth and I am looking to buy some more too. Have you thought about a group order? I also have some Red Dragon fry that I might consider selling since I have some extra, but I have not decided yet.
Treva:)

TAFQI
04-25-2006, 10:52 PM
Anything affordable. Size could be nickel and up. Just spent $145.00 having ten quarter size red scorpions sent to me and only one survived the trip and can not get the shipper to make it right. That is why I want to go local, spent all I could afford on them and got one quarter size discus for $145.00
I am hoping to find some nice size for around $10 to $15

TJR
04-25-2006, 11:31 PM
I had a smililar problem... That's why I have been waiting to get more. There are a few hobbiests in the area too. Were these your first discus?

TAFQI
04-25-2006, 11:41 PM
Yes, these were my first. I have always had angels before. Lost all my breeders and decided I wanted to move to discus as I have always liked them

Giniel
04-25-2006, 11:51 PM
Hey there is a few breeders around the dallas area. Also the pet boutique has discus from Hans.
HTH
Debbie

TJR
04-25-2006, 11:56 PM
We started with 6 2.5 in Blue Snakeskins (ABC tropicals), feels like forever for them to grow. We lost 1 and one has not grown much. The biggest one is now 3.5-4 in. Then we bought the Red Dragons (The parents came from a dealer named Hung I believe). They have been interesting too. I can't wait to see their pattern develop, it takes a while on some. I think the Dragons were only a few weeks old when we bought them. I think they forget to tell us how sensitive they are when they are that small.;) Anyway... Shipping is not too bad, sometimes better than what can be found locally. It's just hard to find great discus at a low price. If you are interested in a group order let me know. There may be more people interested. Like I said, I might even sell some of my Red Dragons. They are still about nickel size though...

daverich
04-26-2006, 01:11 AM
I might be interested in the red dragons also. Depending on what we find I might get into a group order. I have only had discus since the end of march so I am new also. I just lost my first fish a few days ago. The runt quit eating and faded away. still have 11 looking pretty good. I might sell a few of the smaller ones for $20 apiece. Thanks David

ShinShin
04-26-2006, 01:52 AM
You can also check out John Nicholson. If you're looking for any SS's, I know he's breeding the Best of Show Stendker discus from the 2005 ACA. It's a monster fish.

Mat

TJR
04-26-2006, 01:08 PM
I might be interested in the red dragons also. Depending on what we find I might get into a group order. I have only had discus since the end of march so I am new also. I just lost my first fish a few days ago. The runt quit eating and faded away. still have 11 looking pretty good. I might sell a few of the smaller ones for $20 apiece. Thanks David

What kind of discus do you have? I was thinking along the same lines, selling some of the smaller ones. Like I said though, mine are only nickel to quater size with the exception of one. I may check on the Snake Skins also (my husband loves them).
Treva

Canadian_velvet
04-26-2006, 03:00 PM
I am a hobbiest in Arlington SW (Fort worth area) and I definitely need to make some room in my tanks! I have turq/wild x blue knight babies. Some are 3" and many are over 4". The smaller ones I would like to see $25 each, the large ones I would be happy with $32. Give me a call, they are gorgeous!
Catherine. 817-563-7731

daverich
04-26-2006, 08:55 PM
Treva, I sent you a pm. My discus are redspotted green x colbalt.

daverich
04-26-2006, 08:57 PM
pics

daverich
04-26-2006, 08:58 PM
cobalt

TAFQI
04-26-2006, 11:25 PM
We started with 6 2.5 in Blue Snakeskins (ABC tropicals), feels like forever for them to grow. We lost 1 and one has not grown much. The biggest one is now 3.5-4 in. Then we bought the Red Dragons (The parents came from a dealer named Hung I believe). They have been interesting too. I can't wait to see their pattern develop, it takes a while on some. I think the Dragons were only a few weeks old when we bought them. I think they forget to tell us how sensitive they are when they are that small.;) Anyway... Shipping is not too bad, sometimes better than what can be found locally. It's just hard to find great discus at a low price. If you are interested in a group order let me know. There may be more people interested. Like I said, I might even sell some of my Red Dragons. They are still about nickel size though...

Treva
I may be interested in a group order, depends on all the conditions. And would definately be interested in some of your Red Dragons if you can stand to part with some

TJR
04-27-2006, 10:08 PM
I will be selling them shortly. I wanted to wait a while since I had a die off with the dragons. Seems I am not the only one with that problem with this strain. If you don't mind waiting a few weeks just to be sure that I don't sell anyone a discus that will not make it. I am looking to buy some spotted discus here shortly also. Send me a PM if you are still interested in the Dragons. Here is a pic from today.

kjmillerfw
05-03-2006, 02:41 PM
I live in Fort Worth and have some fry from a pair of Snakeskins available.

Here's a picture of the parents. They are dark in this picture because they are carrying fry.

kjmillerfw
05-03-2006, 02:44 PM
Here's a picture of the fry that I took about a week ago. They average about 1.5" right now.

kjmillerfw
05-03-2006, 02:46 PM
One more.

kjmillerfw
05-03-2006, 03:32 PM
Here's a better picture of the female.

tdnine
05-03-2006, 04:18 PM
KJMiller,

Great fish!!! Do you ship and how much?

Tdnine

kjmillerfw
05-03-2006, 04:43 PM
Thanks!

This is my first successful spawn and I'm not set up to ship yet. I will probably be set up by the time the next spawn is ready to go.

These two spawn about every 5 days and I wanted them to take a little break after this first spawn. However, breaktime is over so I just started adding R/O back in the tank and I expect them to spawn any day now.

TAFQI
05-03-2006, 05:33 PM
What would you want for about 6?

kjmillerfw
05-03-2006, 06:34 PM
What would you want for about 6?

Let me get back with you in the next day or so via PM after I get a chance to go through them again. I still need to see what needs culling and what I have left.

Right now I have between 45 and 50 left but there are still some that don't meet my standards. I've been hanging on to a few in hopes that they might start improving.

Kathy

daverich
05-03-2006, 10:34 PM
Kathy your fish look great!! Congrats on your first spawn. I sent you a PM. David

metrob21
05-06-2006, 10:26 PM
Where is the pet Boutique