PDA

View Full Version : Shaking alone

AmazonRainbows
04-29-2006, 03:37 PM
I've got 16 Discus in my tank. 5 Aldult one year or more, 2 youngs adults around 8 - 10 months and all others 3 to 6 months. They are in community tank for about two weeks now. All in my new tank (150 Gal.).

One fish start shaking from head to tail. He made it all around the tank in front of each heater, hoses, glass, pieces of woods, etc... I think is trying to get some one in is mood but this doesn't look like to be appealing to other!

This morning ALL of my fish was in a corner because I think he was realy mad getting alone in shaking. After feeding time things start comming back to normal. The fish is shaking from morning when he wake up until night (and may be when he sleep :P) He's doing it around a bigger fish and if this fish try to get away is better run for his life (LOL). So the other fish stay there just beside but do absolutely nothing.

The fish is agressive with other young adult and adult but not very agains't the youngs. Some time young come between him and the glass (when shaking) and nothing happend. I also remark that young's start to byte a little on him. May be is start doing mucus?

Can some one explain a little what's going on? I known it's a spawing dance or something like that but don't known exatcly what's going on.

RichieE
05-05-2006, 05:01 PM
It sounds to me like you have one fish thats ready to get down to business and the others are not. Give it some more time. At just over a year your fish are just matureing. Rich

AmazonRainbows
05-05-2006, 05:15 PM
Yes look's like he slow down now. I drop the temp to 82F and the fish stop shaking. I'm slowly raising up and has today he not shaking at 85F. Maybe the new 150G give him a lot of inspiration. He was with two other adult in a 30GAL. before I get it.