PDA

View Full Version : BD x LS!??

dr.big
05-02-2006, 06:07 PM
I have a new couple that just form! They are cleaning a leaf and defending it. That is really wonderful to look. I have been waiting for that moment for so long! Somebody knows what the frys might look like if the female is a blue diamond and the male a leopard skin?

Thanks for your help!

Carol_Roberts
05-03-2006, 04:38 PM
most will look like turquoise with some cobalts and snakes

dr.big
05-03-2006, 06:27 PM
did you want to say leopard instead of snake!??

Thanks!!

Charles

crimson cross
05-04-2006, 09:30 AM
leopards and tqs only...no snakes.. .

dr.big
05-09-2006, 09:16 PM
they spawn two days ago for the first time! they are in a 77G thank with 7 other discus same size 4.5-5. They still have eggs yet. I am beginning to think that i may have wrigglers! They seems to take very good care of the eggs. Does it ever happened to you to have wrigglers at the first spawn?

danoinalaska
05-09-2006, 09:25 PM
Yes Dr.
Occasionally some pairs raise the first spawn just fine. However, with all the other fish they share the tank with there isn't much hope for survival.
Best wishes and congrats on the pair
Dan

Greg Richardson
05-09-2006, 09:44 PM
Congrats!
Can u put in a divider? I'd do that right away.

dr.big
05-10-2006, 06:58 AM
I'will try to find something to divide the tank but I have an other probleme, an other pair as just form in the other corner of the tank so the remaining single discus are kind a pushed back and forth. I didn't expect all of this so rapidly! I've got a two breeder tanks but the set up is not ready yet. it is gonna be done within two weeks.

Concerning my pair that has spawn (third day) is it a sign that it is gonna a caring pair? or it can hapen that way on the first spawn and after that eat the eggs systematicaly?

dr.big
05-10-2006, 07:00 AM
by the way, sorry for my english, as you see it is not my first language.

danoinalaska
05-10-2006, 08:19 AM
Charles,
Now that you have identified the pairs you may want to try and move at least one of the pairs and their eggs into their own tank. Even if you loose the first spawn they should be back at it in a week or two. Just a thought.
Good luck,
Dan

dr.big
05-10-2006, 10:15 AM
as soon as my breeder tank is ready i will move them.

Charles