PDA

View Full Version : Large Discus on his side

Derock
05-05-2006, 04:17 PM
I have four softball sized discus in a 60 gallon bare bottom tank with a aquaclear and a foam air driven filter in it. One of the discus is on its side and has red spotches ....reminds me of pictures of what a mini sea lamprey would do ...fishes fins seem to be tattered also. I have added a tablespoon of salt and bought some furan two after talking to the lfs guy. Any ideas what it could be. I had not did as many water changes as I have should but the other three fish look fine. Any ideas from the experts out there....am I doing the right thing ....should I increase the temp that is at 86 right now??? Please help wanna safe my baby,Thanks.

Carol_Roberts
05-05-2006, 04:27 PM
First line of defense is always extra water changes and clean the tank, rinse filters in dechlorinated water. I don't know what red splotches would be if on body . . . on nose is infection

Shawn
05-06-2006, 12:25 AM
Is the fish laying on the bottom off tank and are the red spots on the side it is laying on?
I had a female do this ,was fine and eating one minute and within 15 mins was on its side,stayed like this for at least 2 weeks,still eating and moving around.Then one day was back up and swimming right.Had some bad tissue damage on the side it layed down on {tissue damage that was red and open wounds}but alot off salt,wc and some formilan it has cleared up except it had lost one eye on the side it layed on.