05-11-2006, 02:46 PM
Who has them for sale?

chinoz
05-11-2006, 06:49 PM
Who has them for sale?

check aquabid.com

magewynd
05-11-2006, 11:41 PM
try http://www.neptuneaquatics.com/, he's in Mipitas and has some in stock.
Steve

Bainbridge Mike
05-11-2006, 11:45 PM
I got a bunch of them from Steve at Angelsplus.com. He is a good guy and has good fish.
Mike

rayw
05-12-2006, 12:34 PM
try http://www.neptuneaquatics.com/, he's in Mipitas and has some in stock.
Steve

Thanks Steve. I'm going to pass by this afternoon. I really wanted to avoid shipping so this is great.

discusdave
05-12-2006, 01:22 PM
Thanks Steve. I'm going to pass by this afternoon. I really wanted to avoid shipping so this is great.

That must be great to have a LFS that carries those. I had to MO mine.

Greg Richardson
05-12-2006, 01:38 PM
Make sure to buy the smallest ones u can.
Here is why...........
I bought a BN from a LFS a while back.
Wondered why my tank still wasn't as clean as I thought it should be.
It was around 4".

I then read a post that said the scam the LFS are running is most of the time all u see there is 3.5 and above. Those fish once they get that big do not clean as well as the small ones.
Thus, the person comes back to buy more.

It all made sense to me due to my own experience.

I was thinking about that when I went in on an order for BN's and they said they'd be from 1.5 to 2".
That person also told me the little guys clean better.
He was absolutely correct.
These guys actually go down through your sponge filter cleaning that as well as the airline.
One less cleaning I need to do now.

My game plan is to keep a few for breeding to always have fresh supplies of little ones and try to sell my bigger ones back to LFS for store credit.

This is who we got them from.
I spoke with both of them and found them a joy to do business with.
They were honest and did EXACTLY what they said they'd do.

---------------------------------------------------------------
I have access to tons of them, e-mail Phil Tucker @ philtucker@comcast.net and tell him I sent you(I'm Paul Scarborough). See what sizes and prices he will work for you, and if you come to an agreement I can ship them. USPS express overnight is $36, heat packs are $2 ea, 2 or 3 usually needed.
Hope this helps,
Paul

Paul Scarborough
Irving, Texas

wolfbane
05-12-2006, 05:12 PM
Paul is a good guy, his stock is healthy and lively! Bought some BNs from him last year, all arrived alive and in great shape.

discusdave
05-12-2006, 07:39 PM
Paul is a good guy, his stock is healthy and lively! Bought some BNs from him last year, all arrived alive and in great shape.

Mine came from Aquabid from a guy named Sonic. He has about 5 auctions (1 day left) for eight albino BN plecs with buy it now for $30 and $10 shipping. I bought 15 from him and they all arrived alive and well and he even gave me an extra. They are small, about 3/4", so I am growing them out a bit, but they are really cute.

After they get a bit bigger they are all going in for janitorial duties in my discus tanks.

rayw
05-12-2006, 08:00 PM
Mine came from Aquabid from a guy named Sonic. He has about 5 auctions (1 day left) for eight albino BN plecs with buy it now for $30 and $10 shipping. I bought 15 from him and they all arrived alive and well and he even gave me an extra. They are small, about 3/4", so I am growing them out a bit, but they are really cute.

After they get a bit bigger they are all going in for janitorial duties in my discus tanks.

With the price of gas these days, it may actually be cheaper for me to buy from AB and have them shipped. Milipitas is quite a ways from me (about 45 miles 1 way)

I'll keep a look out for sonic.

Thanks Dave.