PDA

View Full Version : r.o membrane swap

yeomans
05-15-2006, 03:37 PM
Hello all, a couple of months ago I purchased a small 24gpd r.o system, it's made by coral life. My question is if I put a 50 gpd tfc membrane in a 24 gpd membrane machine what will happen? Will it actually boost my output from the machine or ruin it all together? The reason I ask this question is because both machines look to be built the exact same except for the membranes. Does anyone have any experiance with these models? Can you safely do this to an r.o machine? josh

Cosmo
05-15-2006, 03:40 PM
Josh,

You can swap the membrane, but you also have to change the flow restrictor. Since the prices are about the same though, why only go to a 50gpd? A 75 will give you the same water quality and a little more production too..

Jim

yeomans
05-15-2006, 03:45 PM
Great idea, I never actually thought about moving up above a 50 gpd becuase the machines looked a little different, but I was thinking if the membrane fits it could work.

born2lovefish
05-15-2006, 05:23 PM
Wait a minute. So if I put a 75 gpd Ro cartrige in what is suppose to be a 10gpd unit and put a different flow restrictor in, It should work?

Cosmo
05-15-2006, 06:54 PM
Randal will correct me if I'm wrong ;) but..

So long as you don't have one of those little in-line type units that are made for refrigerators, and the pressure vessels are the same size, it should. Don't remember a full size unit that only makes 10gpd, but then.. never looked for one either :p

Jim