PDA

View Full Version : Morning Glory Strain

keith_cny
05-16-2006, 09:37 AM
Has anyone seen this strain discus on anyones website recently? I remember seeing them on maybe Enchanted Discus website and the "Store (I can not remember the name)" in San Fran a couple years ago. I have been looking for some for a while now so if anyone can direct me to a source I would greatly appreciate it. I will bust out one of my old PC's and try to dig up a picture of a Morning Glory. I am sure I saved one somewhere.

Thanks all.

Keith

danoinalaska
05-16-2006, 01:29 PM
Hi Keith,
I have not seen any lately, but if you know of an importer you can get them from Lee Poh Soon in Malaysia. Give it some time though as there may be someone who knows where to get them stateside.
Hope this helps
Dan

Ryan
05-16-2006, 01:38 PM
Here is the picture from Joe's website, http://www.enchanteddiscus.com:

http://www.enchanteddiscus.com/inventory/images/pgmorngly.jpg

Of course, Joe's been out of discus quite some time. If you go to Google Images, you can find a bunch of fish labeled "Morning Glory." Some look similar to the juvenile from Joe's site. They appear to be really clean gold pigeons.

http://images.google.com/images?q=morning+glory+discus

Cosmo
05-16-2006, 04:48 PM
I read in the Chicago Tribune a fews days or week ago that chewing a few hundred morning glory seeds induced an LSD type high :confused: oops... :p :o

You might check with Mario (aka Turkis) or Cliff's Discus ??

Jim

jaydoc
05-16-2006, 06:33 PM
Sunrise tropicals in San Fran has had them for sail from time to time. I bought some from them a bout 2 years ago. I was disappointed that they didn't have the vibrant yellow that was pictured. they turned out to be fairly nice pigeon blood discus but more like Turkis' second picture than the first. I have since found out that they come from more than one breeder and are not all the same strain although they carry the same name. Also, they get more orange if you feed them any red colored foods. Turkis, any comments? Are yours really that yellow?
( Isn't that first pic off of Tony's website, Sunrise tropicals?)
Cary

CliffsDiscus
05-16-2006, 07:32 PM
Has anyone seen this strain discus on anyones website recently? I remember seeing them on maybe Enchanted Discus website and the "Store (I can not remember the name)" in San Fran a couple years ago. I have been looking for some for a while now so if anyone can direct me to a source I would greatly appreciate it. I will bust out one of my old PC's and try to dig up a picture of a Morning Glory. I am sure I saved one somewhere.

Thanks all.

Keith

Hi Keith,
If I remember correctly the Morning Glory, Angel Diamonds, Four Star Reds and etc at one store in San Francisco were Designer Knockoffs even the certificates were copies of the real thing, the owner was even surprise, so buyer beware. The store is NOT
Sunrise Tropical as they are located in Daly City.
As I remember the Morning Glory from Wayne Ng didn't appear to have
any PigeonBlood influence, but this was over 12 years ago and things might
have change since the Pigeonblood line is now much more cleaner.

Cliff

keith_cny
05-16-2006, 10:22 PM
The Morning Glory I was referring to was almost exactly the one in Turkis first photo (Thanks Turkis for the quick response. I know I saved a copy of it somewhere but was not able to dig it out yet). I believe that it was Sunrise tropical that had the color/pattern fish that appealed to me the most. It sounds like the strain was not well established. Too bad, as I thought the yellow color and contrast in the fins was very nice.

Any chance a member here actually purchased fish like the ones in the 1st photo and still has them??? I would like to see what they look like now.

Thanks for the responses Turkis, Jaydoc and Cliff. And Cosmo, be careful with those seed, will ya! I don't wanna hear about you falling in a tank during a WC!

Keith

keith_cny
05-17-2006, 10:55 AM
Turkis,
Maybe we can get the owner of Sunrise Tropicals (name ??) to comment on the picture quality and his thoughts on the strain. I.E. where was his source, was the color true or were there really not that many that actually looked like the picture, has he purchased any recently or seen any still at his suppliers, etc??? Obviously I am pretty interested in trying to track some down so I apologize for not giving up quicker. I will try to contact the owner of Sunrise and ask him if he would comment.

Thanks again

Keith

jaydoc
05-17-2006, 03:18 PM
This first pic is from Sunrise Tropicals web site about 2 years ago. The pigeon based fish in the second picture (next post) are what I received as juvenile Morning Glory from Sunrise. They grew up to look like the fish in Turkis' post # 6.
Cary

jaydoc
05-17-2006, 03:20 PM
second

keith_cny
05-17-2006, 03:49 PM
Cary
Is the picture in your post #13 another one from Sunrise website?? Are there any MG's in the picture in post #14? If so, which? I sent a PM to Tony at Sunrise to see what he knows about this strain. I will post his response if I get one.

Thanks

Keith

jaydoc
05-18-2006, 09:33 AM
This first pic is from Sunrise Tropicals web site about 2 years ago. The pigeon based fish in the second picture (next post) are what I received as juvenile Morning Glory from Sunrise. They grew up to look like the fish in Turkis' post # 6.
Cary

The peppered pigeon bloods were Morning Glory.

Cary

srdiscus
05-19-2006, 12:35 AM
turkis Mario,
How did I doctor the picture? The photos were not doctored. The two nice adult Morning Glory photos were taken by me. I sold them to a customer in FL.
If you said you were not happy with the fish you purchased from me, post your full name and the day you receive the fish here , so I can do some investigation and maybe do my best to take good care of you.

keith_cny
05-19-2006, 08:33 AM
Tony
Is that you? Thanks for visiting the thread. Can you answer any of the questions whether this strain is still available or not? Do you presently have any that look like pictures #5 and #13? Did the strained get changed slightly and thus renamed? etc? Thanks.

Keith

brewmaster15
05-19-2006, 03:57 PM
All,
I know its tempting to copy images from other sites and post them here, but It falls under copyright infringement under our interpretation of those laws.

Please do not take photos from other forums, websites, or books without the owners explicit permission. If you want everyone here to see a particular Image, contact the owner for permission, and state that you have that when you post it...or just put a link up to where the image can be viewed..

Thanks,
al