PDA

View Full Version : Melafix works or works like crap

phalough
05-16-2006, 02:57 PM
Just wanted some feed back on Melafix. I added some to my tank to help a few smaller disucs that were getting picked on a bit. Whats everyone's take on how affective it is.

AmberC
05-16-2006, 03:14 PM
I love melafix. It is very mild and works very well imo. When I used to keep bettas I would use it on them for fin rot after purchasing because they almost always had fin rot coming home from the store.

I use it on my discus too. A couple of times they have run into things and scraped their heads and I put a little in to help that or frayed fins etc.

Big thumbs up from me on melafix AND pimafix. :)

Amber

bennyblanco
05-16-2006, 03:17 PM
you can add some salt with it and it works even better!!!!:D

BluePlanet
05-16-2006, 03:24 PM
thumbs down. 90% don't work for my fish. I tried a lot on my sick discus. :mad: I recommand try sth else.

AmberC
05-16-2006, 03:26 PM
thumbs down. 90% don't work for my fish. I tried a lot on my sick discus. :mad: I recommand try sth else.

What were you using it for? (out of curiousity)

Amber

marilyn1998
05-16-2006, 03:34 PM
I used it on my discus for a very bad case of baterial infection tat actually had killed 2 discus already. It worked wonders!!! It is a natural remedy. This means it does NOT create resistance to bacteria when used often, or when the doases are not completed. IT does not harm any fish. Good for salt and freshwater. Easy on plants and doesnt affect the bacterial colony.
WHy would you need more? It even helped with ragged fins.

ShinShin
05-16-2006, 08:27 PM
I've used it with very good results ever since it came onto the market. It has been misused by many, as are many medications, for other than external bacterial problems with no success. It is intended for external use only.

Mat

BluePlanet
05-17-2006, 03:56 AM
I used Melafix for rotten fins. (most cases)

BluePlanet
05-17-2006, 04:00 AM
I used Melafix for rotten fins. (most cases) Currently some of my discus stilll have rotten fins problem, there is no sign of recovery as of today.