PDA

View Full Version : has anyone used tetra's easy balance?

chris allsop
05-17-2006, 12:01 AM
it has has been around a while and i just thought id ask and see if any of you guys have tryed it.

How many plants do you have to have because i know this is important for it to work. And the tank has to be under stocked, im thing of 10 discus and 6 small plecos of variuose strains and maybe some kind of tetre and maybe a sting ray, small one!!

this will be in the new tank thats 110 to 115 gallons. :angel:

Any thoughts and comments welcome.

chris allsop
05-17-2006, 10:28 AM
any thoughts??????????????????????

lhforbes12
05-18-2006, 01:47 AM
I'm not an expert but I'm pretty sure rays need an unplanted tank with fine sand so they can bury themselves. I will not buy products from Tetra, Marineland or Perfecto (they are all actually the same company) so I can't answer as to how well any of their products work.

Larry

kdazzel
05-18-2006, 11:26 AM
was thinking of a stingray too, i just bought a 180 gallon fishtank and the lady i bought it from had a stingray in there, that stingray took up the whole tank, it was swimming all over doing back flips, splashing the surface of the water. when i saw that it seemed like no way they would go well with discus, they are crazy. plus it was eating all her fish. i'm not kidding the thing was crazy, it seemed super happy, but i can't see discus being in the same tank:o

AmberC
05-18-2006, 11:31 AM
I wont use tetra products either. Never have and never will. I believe they are no good.. generic... so I wont use them.

As far as a sting ray.. as far as I knew.. there were no "small" ones lol.
Amber

anne
05-18-2006, 12:11 PM
Why are people set agianst Tetra products? Is there something I don't know...?
I've never used Easybalance, but all the reveiws of it I've read make it sound really good (e.g. in PFK). Personally, I'd be a bit sceptical of it, as it surely must contain some sort of mineral salts / other chemical which might not be so good for the tank/fish.
Would be really interested to know if anyone had tried it and why some people are so dead-against tetra?

lhforbes12
05-18-2006, 01:03 PM
Anne,
My problem with them stems from my purchase of a Perfecto 125 gallon reef ready aquarium. I bought the glass top to cover it seperately (actually I bought it at the same time as the tank but it was a seperate item). After the aquarium had been setup for 2 days one of the glass panels of the top cracked. My stand has a canopy so absolutely nothing could have dropped on it. To me this was certainly a manufacturing defect. I got hold of Perfecto and they absolutely refused to send me a new one, saying that it wasn't caused during manufacture or shipping, I obviously strongly disagree. Since I now know that Perfecto/Marineland/Tetra (as I have already stated they are in fact the same company) refuse to stand behind their products, I will no longer ever purchase another of their products.

Larry

anne
05-19-2006, 08:08 AM
Larry, thats appalling! :argue: I'd not be giving a company my cash if they'd treated me that way either!

Condor
05-19-2006, 08:46 PM
I use tetra aquasafe and it works pretty well. Raised their price though so I will probably switch.