PDA

View Full Version : FOUND JIMMY HOFFA?

Kindredspirit
05-18-2006, 10:20 AM
Okay ~

I remember growing up in Cali on this story ~ back in 75' I think Jimmy Hoffa disappeared as the president of the Teamsters Union? If I am wrong let me know ~ but for years it was thought that he was buried under the end zone of the Giants Stadium ~

Now I guess there is some reason to dig somewhere as tips were given and they think after some 30 years they may have something ~ There is also some speculation that some of the Mob individuals involved are dying ~ getting old and ready to meet their maker ..........so they are coming forward ~

I do not have the complete story as I was listening to Armstrong & Getty and I was in my car ~ so I missed the rest of the info!
They did say don't feel sorry for Mr. Hoffa as he wasnt a good guy anyways!! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_1_123.gif lol!! This story has fascinated me for so long ~ I just really wanna know what the hell happened to him and where is he??

What do you think happened to him?

Marie ~ http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/15/15_6_25.gif

Ryan
05-18-2006, 10:30 AM
Here's the full story so far, Marie. It's not much of a story yet though.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/H/HOFFA_SEARCH

MILFORD TOWNSHIP, Mich. (AP) -- For years, there has been a rumor in the neighborhood surrounding a horse farm outside Detroit where organized crime figures used to meet. Deb Koskovich heard it two decades ago from a neighbor when she moved next door: Jimmy Hoffa was buried there.

"He laughed and we laughed and that was the end of that," said Koskovich, 52. "I never thought about it again until today so apparently there have been rumors."

FBI agents investigating the Teamsters leader's 1975 disappearance from a restaurant in Oakland County's Bloomfield Township, about 20 miles away, were at the farm for a second day Thursday.

Asked if they were looking for Hoffa's remains, FBI Agent Dawn Clenney said, "Could be," and declined to comment further on the agents' presence.

A law enforcement official in Washington said the search was based on information developed several years ago and verified more recently.

The information indicated there was a high level of suspicious activity on the farm the day Hoffa vanished, the official said, speaking on condition of anonymity because the investigation is continuing. A backhoe appeared near a barn that organized crime members had used for meetings, but that location was never used again after Hoffa disappeared, the official said.

Clenney said the bureau receives numerous leads about Hoffa.

"This is one we felt we needed to follow up on," she said.

Reporters were not allowed onto the property, a horse farm surrounded by a white wooden fence just off a muddy dirt road. Images shot from news helicopters showed about a dozen people, some with shovels, standing by an area of newly turned dirt about 10 feet by 15 feet. Neighbors looked on from their yards but said they hadn't been told anything.

Mark Weidel, who was visiting his parents' home just up the road, said he grew up hearing rumors about Hoffa and didn't expect anything to come of this search.

"It's just another Hoffa story," he said.

Last year, the FBI crime lab concluded that blood found on the floor of a Detroit home where a one-time Hoffa ally claimed to have killed him did not belong to Hoffa.

Bloomfield Township police ripped up the floorboards from the house where Frank Sheeran claimed Hoffa was killed. Sheeran died in 2003 at age 83, and his claim was detailed in a book published months later.

A New Jersey mob hit man who died in March reportedly made a similar deathbed claim. Richard "The Iceman" Kuklinski gave author Philip Carlo what he claimed were graphic details of the infamous, unsolved killing of the union boss, The Record of Bergen County, N.J., reported. "The Ice Man: Confessions of a Mafia Contract Killer" is scheduled for release in July.

Oakland County Prosecutor David Gorcyca said Bloomfield Township police were offering assistance but he knew little about the search. He said he was surprised the FBI acted without speaking to them.

"Three years ago they said, `The Hoffa case in essence is yours to deal with,'" he said. "I'd have expected the professional courtesy of calling me."

marilyn1998
05-18-2006, 10:41 AM
I am lucky(??) to have lived all my life in the area where this has all happened.

Hoffa was a gangster and ripoff of the union just like those that did him in. I remember when he disappeared from the Machus Red Fox. I was thinking of having my wedding reception there, but that changed my mind!

It has been rumoured he was cut into pieces and buried in variuos construction sites all over town. A few months ago, they found a home where the floors had been redone, and a massive amount of blood was found underneath. It turned out not to be the same as Hoffa's but he had a connection to the home. Now it is the horse farm.

I live about 5 miles from that farm. Lets see if it puts Milford on the map!

AmberC
05-18-2006, 11:07 AM
Well it'll be big news if they find him!! Pretty cool.. Thanks for posting it :)

Amber

yeomans
05-18-2006, 12:37 PM
I seen a show on a&e a couple months ago about that iceman guy. Crazy fella, hope I never get the oppurtunity to meet that guy! He said that all of those killings were just part of ''business'' and would come home to take care of his daughters afterwards. He really didn't show any remorse at all. As for Hoffa I think it would be cool to finallly but an end to the mystery.

Kindredspirit
05-18-2006, 06:38 PM
Ryan ~ thanks for the article! It was more than I knew~

Marilyn ~ well ya better be careful ~ Lots of history where you live ~

Thanks Amber!!

Yeo ~ I have heard that before ~ they do their hits and then go home and be 'normal'!

Marie ~ http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/29/29_4_11.gif