PDA

View Full Version : Update on the Aquachildren

waterbaby
05-23-2006, 04:33 PM
Okay so I am getting "you suck" mail for not posting in a while. I just want to give you all an update on my Discus tank and thank you all for all of the invaluable information on this website. Also a special thanks to Brewmaster and Hexed for the PM info. I had a previously cycled 80gal that I converted to a Discus tank with help from all of you, I purchased 6 juvvies (2 cobalts, 1 pigeon, 1 melon, 1 red turk, 1 blue turk) about 2 months ago(all at the same time) and after a brief scare all are doing well, eating out of my hand and 2 actually think they are in love (cobalt and red turk). Once I figure out how to use my digital camera (I am a child of the pong age) I will send some photos. Again thanks to you all.
Jami

pcsb23
05-23-2006, 06:04 PM
Hey Jami,

Thanks for the update and welcome. This site is better for the participation! Look forward to the pics :) Not sure what the pong age is or was, but it took me a while to figure my digital too, so maybe I'm from the pong age as well :D

Take care,

waterbaby
05-24-2006, 02:10 PM
Paul,
Tht's funny, Pong was the prelude to all video games it was just a blip that would go back and forth between 2 "paddles" kinda like a digital ping pong game. Anyway, still working on the camera, and my "amourus pair" have layed 4 sets of eggs, none have hatched but I really don't mind I was not planning on breeding discus just raising mine. I kinda feel sorry for them though they try so hard.
Jami

Bainbridge Mike
05-24-2006, 10:40 PM
I remember shortly after Pong came "Breakout" on the Apple II computer with 48k floppy drive. If you had that, you were on the cutting edge in the 70's~!