PDA

View Full Version : update on my PC

wolfbane
05-30-2006, 11:30 PM
Well, got my PC up and running again. Replaced power supply, updated BIOS, did a repair on Windows XP, reset the video card, checked the hard drive, WHEW! Things are still not great, I have no outlook express, system restore won't work, and I think I will need to re-formatt the Hard Drive and do a clean install to fix all the little errors I'm getting.

At least I can surf the net, and be here on my time!

AmberC
05-31-2006, 06:31 AM
Wow! That sounds tiring! lol Glad its semi working for you now tho!

Amber

brewmaster15
05-31-2006, 06:35 AM
HI Debbie,
Did you ever figure out what happened in the first place?

-al

wolfbane
05-31-2006, 11:58 AM
Thx Amber!
Al, I guess when the power supply went, things overheated and something happened in the hard drive, or who knows. All I know is, the power supply fan quit, things got hot, and then wouldn't work. After I replaced the power, the rebooting issue was prob the video card needing to be pulled and reset. Updating the BIOS was good, and helped me to figure out the other stuff.
It's alot for a person to figure out, I got some help from a friend finally.
Oh yeah, and I left one small power connection off the Motherboard!!! I know, shame on me! Lol.

Ryan
05-31-2006, 12:11 PM
Oh yeah, and I left one small power connection off the Motherboard!!! I know, shame on me! Lol.

The square 4-pin one? :)

wolfbane
05-31-2006, 06:29 PM
You got it Ryan!! Give the man a cigar!
I built this machine, my first! How dumb can I get, leaving off a connector! Oh well, there are soooo many connectors in there, I thought I had them all. :D

pcsb23
05-31-2006, 06:31 PM
You got it Ryan!! Give the man a cigar!
I built this machine, my first! How dumb can I get, leaving off a connector! Oh well, there are soooo many connectors in there, I thought I had them all. :D
Aw heck Debbie, there are always bits left over when you 'mend' something :) Its part of the fun!! Glad its working now!