PDA

View Full Version : Some current pairs & frys pics

Kenny's Discus
05-31-2006, 09:57 PM
Hi friends - recently I took many pics of some of my pairs and spawns and would like to share with all the friends here on SD. Any comments will be welcome, as always...:-)

The Red Scarlet pair have spawned a few times to no prevail...but sometimes I did see wigglers b4 I went to work...

Kenny's Discus
05-31-2006, 09:59 PM
some more proof of wigglers...every batch I was scratching my head as to where they went after a couple days??? LOL

Kenny's Discus
05-31-2006, 10:02 PM
and then during 1 of their recent spawns I caught the male eating MY frys...
(yes they're mine lol), I decided I'd net him out next time and put him in his own presidential suite lol.

Kenny's Discus
05-31-2006, 10:05 PM
Another pic from a top angle showing their care for the wigglers a few days ago.

Kenny's Discus
05-31-2006, 10:12 PM
I'm happy after removing the male...she on the other hand didn't take it too well. Sry gal I had no choice after giving you guys all the chances you deserved lol.

Kenny's Discus
05-31-2006, 10:13 PM
another closer shot...

Kenny's Discus
05-31-2006, 10:14 PM
top angle shot...

Kenny's Discus
05-31-2006, 10:16 PM
Lonely male didn't take it too well either. No worries pal you guys will be reunited soon.

Kenny's Discus
05-31-2006, 10:19 PM
This pair also laided eggs a few times...and had many wigglers during their last try.

Kenny's Discus
05-31-2006, 10:21 PM
The male ended up eating all MY(yes again MY lol) wigglers while I was away. I hated it especially when there were so many! :-(

Kenny's Discus
05-31-2006, 10:22 PM
man there were abundant of frys...but got eaten. Next time I'll be smarter lol.

Kenny's Discus
05-31-2006, 10:25 PM
I caught this pair in the act a couple times too...but no wigglers yet.

Kenny's Discus
05-31-2006, 10:27 PM
I really like the WD male...picture a little distorted taken sideway.

Kenny's Discus
05-31-2006, 10:28 PM
I was thinking...what are they doing back there? (What else lol?)

BIGFOOT
05-31-2006, 10:28 PM
Nice fish. I like post #7 the best its one for the story books.

Kenny's Discus
05-31-2006, 10:29 PM
Male making his runs.

Kenny's Discus
05-31-2006, 10:30 PM
I'll keep an eye on you guys next time that's for sure.

Kenny's Discus
05-31-2006, 10:32 PM
Thanks Brian. I was surprised at how frys pics taken at that angle would look.
Here's another similar one and thanks again Brian.

candyl70
05-31-2006, 10:33 PM
Kenny.. your fish look great at always!!! I have to agree with Brian tho, number 7 is amazing!!!!

Kenny's Discus
05-31-2006, 10:35 PM
working on this pair. My avatar btw.

Kenny's Discus
05-31-2006, 10:37 PM
Thanks Candy. Just giving my best shots there and sharing with you friends here.
I have some more pics but it's dinner time lol. I'll post more pics of the pairs later on.

Thanks again guys and everyone has a nice evening!

:-) starving...

Kenny

Kenny's Discus
05-31-2006, 11:13 PM
I think they might have a future...

Kenny's Discus
05-31-2006, 11:15 PM
This pair have produced so many spawns for me.

CliffsDiscus
05-31-2006, 11:16 PM
Kenny,
Nice looking pairs keep up the great work.

Cliff

Kenny's Discus
05-31-2006, 11:23 PM
1 of their earlier spawns.

Kenny's Discus
05-31-2006, 11:27 PM
A pic also from their previous spawns. It looks kinda cool because it actually looks like the frys(forming a circle) were protecting the parent rather than the other way around...

Kenny's Discus
05-31-2006, 11:29 PM
A relatively young pair.

Elcid
05-31-2006, 11:31 PM
Awesome pics and fish Kenny, Boy those fish are FAAAT! :) It's so nice to see babies on board! thanks!

take care,
Sandeep

Kenny's Discus
05-31-2006, 11:31 PM
They did lay eggs a few times but no wigglers yet...

Kenny's Discus
05-31-2006, 11:33 PM
Hey Sandeep thanks for your kind words pal. Got a little time here and playing with my pics lol. Thanks again.

Kenny's Discus
05-31-2006, 11:35 PM
I did see the BD male making his runs but eggs disappeared a couple days later. They need more practice I think.

Kenny's Discus
05-31-2006, 11:39 PM
Hey Cliff thanks for dropping by...long time no see where have you been? I need to pay you a visit some time remember? So nice to see the artificial breeding master here!!!

I'll get in touch with you later Cliff. You have a nice day friend!

Thanks,
Kenny

Kenny's Discus
06-01-2006, 12:04 AM
oh I forgot to show this pic - whenever I'm breeding light color strains like whites & reds I always lower the water level b4 the frys freeswim...but I'm sure most of you knew that already.

IME breeding blue, green and brown strains are so much easier because the parents can become so much darker than say red, white or yellow strains. JMO of course.

Kenny's Discus
06-01-2006, 01:08 AM
another pair working on it.

Kenny's Discus
06-01-2006, 01:10 AM
the male looks kinda nice.

Kenny's Discus
06-01-2006, 01:13 AM
I just netted this guy out and put him(yes it's a male) in another tank since I might need his service soon with another leopard snakeskin female.

Kenny's Discus
06-01-2006, 01:41 AM
During the time I was posting these pics the Snowfire x BD pair laid another batch of eggs...they are definitely 1 of my most consistent pairs.

Kenny's Discus
06-01-2006, 01:59 AM
the male looks like he was ready to "kill" me when I was focusing in on them with my camera lol.

Kenny's Discus
06-01-2006, 04:37 AM
Can 1 of the moderators please move this thread to the gallery section? I just realized I might have posted it in the wrong section.

Thanks in advance,
Kenny

chris allsop
06-01-2006, 04:44 AM
amazing fish/ pictures.

Its also very imformative to me because i have two pairs the minute, 0ne of the younger haves lay every four days or so but lose interest after 24 to 48 hours and a pair i have just bought spawned in my new show tank, they were to hatch soon but the eggs have disapeared.

its nice to know that this happens to every pair and not just mine, as im waiting on my first wrigglers!!!

thanks chris

Kenny's Discus
06-01-2006, 04:51 AM
Chris - thanks and for 1st timers/young pairs it is very normal for them to eat their first few spawns. I'm not saying it's impossible to get frys from their first spawn but it's quite rare IME. If those pairs are currently in your community tank I'd keep letting them spawn(with other fish' presence will strengthen their parental instinct) until I see wigglers, after which I'll put them in their own tank.

Best of luck to yours and pls update us on them.

Take care Chris.
Kenny

Luderule
06-01-2006, 05:03 AM
Wow! How many pairs do u have Kenny?? They all look so lovely.........someday......

Kenny's Discus
06-01-2006, 05:16 AM
Hi Luderule - thank you and I don't know maybe like 10 pairs at the moment with new pairs forming.....I'm crazy you know lol.

Must be the full moon effect...another pair just done laying eggs an hr ago. Haven't gotten any wigglers from this pair(2nd time) so wish me luck.

Kenny's Discus
06-01-2006, 05:17 AM
another one.

Kenny's Discus
06-01-2006, 05:19 AM
Last one for now I promise. Thanks all for reading.

Take care all,

Kenny
http://forum.simplydiscus.com//showthread.php?t=45944

pcsb23
06-01-2006, 07:47 AM
Can 1 of the moderators please move this thread to the gallery section? I just realized I might have posted it in the wrong section.

Thanks in advance,
Kenny
Happy to oblige :)

Nice fish Kenny, really like the one in #36.

Kenny's Discus
06-01-2006, 07:53 AM
Thank you for your help Paul. If I know how to ship fish to UK I'll send him to you Paul.

:-)

Have a good day Paul.

Kenny

crimson cross
06-01-2006, 08:49 AM
Looking good , Kenny....I see tons of spotted frys in the near future. Take care and all the best.
Phil.

brewmaster15
06-01-2006, 09:03 AM
Kenny My Friend,
Your Pairs look great and I love seeing hobbyists so successful with breeding!!!! You know I have said this many times before, but I really do have to teach you to ship fish!!!:) I see many Frys that would be very welcome in my tanks!:D :D :D

Keep up the great work Kenny!!! Thats all work to be very proud of!

-al

Kenny's Discus
06-01-2006, 10:14 AM
Looking good , Kenny....I see tons of spotted frys in the near future. Take care and all the best.
Phil.

Phil - thank you so much for dropping by...I'll just say this Phil...I learned from the best...YOU.

Be well Phil.

Kenny

ps: Want some dim sum? lol

Kenny's Discus
06-01-2006, 10:20 AM
Kenny My Friend,
Your Pairs look great and I love seeing hobbyists so successful with breeding!!!! You know I have said this many times before, but I really do have to teach you to ship fish!!!:) I see many Frys that would be very welcome in my tanks!:D :D :D

Keep up the great work Kenny!!! Thats all work to be very proud of!

-al

Thank you Al for your kind words. It's really not much of an achievement on my part...but more like torturing for me because I'm like their slave...and that's almost 24/7. lol I'm still up at this time after WCs for 30+ tanks.

I will learn how to ship....soon. ;-) And there'll be frys coming your way.

Promise to have a nice day today Al.

Kenny

brewmaster15
06-01-2006, 10:46 AM
LOl,
I hear you Kenny...

It's really not much of an achievement on my part...but more like torturing for me because I'm like their slave...and that's almost 24/7 sounds like how I feel about the forum often!;) :)

take care,
al

Kenny's Discus
06-01-2006, 11:08 AM
LOl,
I hear you Kenny...

sounds like how I feel about the forum often!;) :)

take care,
al

I think I can relate to that Al. :-)

Later friend.
Kenny

turkis
06-01-2006, 11:09 AM
Hi loverboy,
You have some nice looking discus, it is a lot of work with all those fish and you are doing a wonderful job and keep it up.
Mario

Kenny's Discus
06-01-2006, 11:13 AM
Thanks Mario. Yes it's really a lot of work :-( and in fact I should have gone to bed long ago but reading SD threads is so addictive sometimes lol...

Take care,
Kenny

crazy4discus
06-01-2006, 11:48 AM
Hey Kenny get that lss pair to breed so i can get some babies from you... I love your lss very nice... All your fishes are looking really good!!

Kenny's Discus
06-01-2006, 11:55 AM
Thanks David the spotted man. How have you been doing? It's been a while since we last met you know? And yes sir I will give my best shot, but mind if I ask...do you have a nice LSS female for my LSS male ? LOL (j/k)

Wishing you the best David.
Kenny

Gold Mt Discus
06-01-2006, 11:56 AM
Kenny,
Great photos. The free rams you sent me are doing fine. Must have put your hand in the water they came in because your "breeding ability" must of transferred onto my hands. haha
I love watching and seeing photos of spawns and frys.
You keep me in mind as a customer in the future regardless of what kinds of discus you have for sale. I am always looking for frys to grow out or bigger stock for breeding.

crazy4discus
06-01-2006, 11:59 AM
Hey Kenny! I actually sold off all my adults... I have only red dragon and red web pigeon babies right now that i got off of mike or discman a month ago... I'm looking to get my spotteds again thats why i need your help to breed your fish so i can get them and grow them out... Your spotteds are really nice.. All those fish from Tony? Well i wish you the best on all your pairs and remember when you get babies from your spotteds hold some for me... Me and my gf will come right away to pick them up lol!!1 Have a good day Kenny!

Kenny's Discus
06-01-2006, 12:07 PM
Kenny,
Great photos. The free rams you sent me are doing fine. Must have put your hand in the water they came in because your "breeding ability" must of transferred onto my hands. haha
I love watching and seeing photos of spawns and frys.
You keep me in mind as a customer in the future regardless of what kinds of discus you have for sale. I am always looking for frys to grow out or bigger stock for breeding.

Thanks Frank. Just got too much time on my hands playing with these photos lol. I'm glad the rams are doing fine in your great hands. Any spawns yet? And no I have not much "breeding ability"...if I had I "stole" it from other experts here on SD. :-)

Don't say customers Frank...we'll just trade frys down the road as you have many beautiful pairs/frys yourself. And I get to learn your secret shipping method as well lol...

Take care,
Kenny

Kenny's Discus
06-01-2006, 12:14 PM
Hey Kenny! I actually sold off all my adults... I have only red dragon and red web pigeon babies right now that i got off of mike or discman a month ago... I'm looking to get my spotteds again thats why i need your help to breed your fish so i can get them and grow them out... Your spotteds are really nice.. All those fish from Tony? Well i wish you the best on all your pairs and remember when you get babies from your spotteds hold some for me... Me and my gf will come right away to pick them up lol!!1 Have a good day Kenny!

David - sure thing np friend. Of these fish, some were from Tony at Sunrisetropicals, some were older breeding stocks from Herman at Fairy Lake Discus, some from us breeder friends, and some were from oversee.

When I get the frys you want you and your gf will really have to come right away...like within 2 mins ok David? LOL

See you later friend.
Kenny

crazy4discus
06-01-2006, 12:18 PM
LoL! I don't know about coming over in 2 minutes Kenny that is 2 fast for me.. I live in Stockton so i have to drive to her first thats an hour and 10 minutes since shes in San Jose... Then after that we have to drive to you which takes another 45 minutes.. And in between all that time i need restroom breaks and meal periods so give me about 4-5 hours lol.... Well keep me updated on your babies and i really hope your spotteds spawn soon... I can't wait to come to your place again to see all these fishes in person...

Kenny's Discus
06-01-2006, 12:21 PM
LOL I see so it does take you some time to get to my place. In such case, Final Offer: 4-5 mins. :-)

I hear you David and will definitely let you know. np at all.

Have a nice day.
Kenny

yeomans
06-01-2006, 12:38 PM
Kenny, I love all of your photos, your fishrooms seems to be full of action. I wanted to ask you if you could post some photos of what the older fry from the snowfire/ blue diamond cross look like, it seems to me they would be interesting looking fish. Best of luck with all of the spawning activity, seems to me you're quite a busy man.
josh

Kenny's Discus
06-01-2006, 12:54 PM
Hi Josh - thank you very much and I just found a couple frys pics in my folder from that cross...

This was about 1.5 months old I think...(can't remember exactly)

Kenny's Discus
06-01-2006, 12:57 PM
This was about 3 months old? lol

It's not much of a cross but I think it's a start. IME any F1 cross involving any strains that's white-based will not have much of the other color expressed, in the case with a BD maybe some added blue fins. JMO

Thanks for dropping by Josh, take care.
Kenny

lhforbes12
06-01-2006, 01:11 PM
Kenny,
I think you *really* need to give me that RT female.. and the male SS in #20 j/k Buddy
Congrats!

Larry

Kenny's Discus
06-01-2006, 01:17 PM
Come'on now Larry you wanna take my avatar? If so I'll be disappearing from here...LOL (maybe what you want huh? lol)

How about any one from the group of #65? Oh and I mean any one of those orange Tetrabits.

Later friend,
Kenny

Luderule
06-01-2006, 01:29 PM
I wonder how long of a drive it is from OC to ur magic garage?? :-)

yeomans
06-01-2006, 02:04 PM
Thanks for showing me the pictures of the cross Kenny.:D I was very curious to see what they would look like.
josh

RED DISCUS
06-01-2006, 03:33 PM
Hey Kenny ,I like your cloud leo..To me i will cross that male with female leo.

Kenny's Discus
06-01-2006, 06:01 PM
Hi Luderule - I have no idea...where's OC btw? :-)

Hi Josh - anytime, anytime.

Anthony - thanks and only if I can find a female leopard...any ideas? :-)

Kenny

Luderule
06-01-2006, 06:15 PM
OC is Orange County down in southern California!

Kenny's Discus
06-01-2006, 06:30 PM
:-) Thanks for the clarification Luderule. In that case from the South to the North...umm...I guess a few mins? lol

You'll be welcome to drop by anytime friend.

Take care,
Kenny

Kenny's Discus
06-01-2006, 07:56 PM
OK after a nice clean bath she's feeling so much better(fins up) than when the water level was barely covering her dorsal fin...but she's not really interested in eating yet. We'll see...she has to eat at some point right?

;-)

Kenny's Discus
06-01-2006, 07:58 PM
Another shot. She's hiding most of the frys on the other side from me. Getting smart huh? LOL

crimson cross
06-02-2006, 09:07 AM
Kenny,
After seeing the pics of those red frys, I feel like having dim-sum in about 4 - 6 weeks time...lol...
Phil.

goldengatediscus
06-02-2006, 02:16 PM
Very nice looking fish Kenny! Lots of babies on the way too!!
Brigitte

Ed13
06-02-2006, 04:22 PM
when I tought my fishkeeping hobby was over, I see this beautyfull pictures of some of the nicest discus I've ever seen. Your commitment and the quality of your fish reminded me why I got into the hobby 10 years ago.

Congratulations and keep it up!
Please keep the photos coming.

kdazzel
06-02-2006, 05:07 PM
that last one is like perfectt!!!!!
you are so lucky!:) :)

kdazzel

Kenny's Discus
06-02-2006, 05:07 PM
Kenny,
After seeing the pics of those red frys, I feel like having dim-sum in about 4 - 6 weeks time...lol...
Phil.

Hey Phil...Dim Sum in 4-6 weeks it is.(come'on now spare me a couple more weeks? It's too much work raising those frys and of all people you know better than that Phil LOL)

Have a nice day friend!
Kenny

Kenny's Discus
06-02-2006, 05:09 PM
Very nice looking fish Kenny! Lots of babies on the way too!!
Brigitte

Hello Brigitte - thank you and as always your fish are very beautiful as well. Thanks again for dropping by.

traco
06-02-2006, 05:11 PM
Kenny, those are some beautiful discus you have. Fat, happy, healthy and the tanks are immaculate!! A full time job with all the w/c, etc... but you've done very well. Keep up the good work.:)

Kenny's Discus
06-02-2006, 05:17 PM
when I tought my fishkeeping hobby was over, I see this beautyfull pictures of some of the nicest discus I've ever seen. Your commitment and the quality of your fish reminded me why I got into the hobby 10 years ago.

Congratulations and keep it up!
Please keep the photos coming.

Hello Ed13 - thank you and I agree...it's really quite a lot of work when you have several pairs going, and on top of that you have other growing stocks, frys, etc...that you have to take care of at the same time.

Sometime I feel like having to work 24/7 doing all these feeding, WCs, breeding, pairing, etc........I said to myself it is just too much. But then when I see frys on their parents back, I feel that the parents were talking to me like "SHUT UP, no more complaints you idoit! Here are your frys!" It's a very fullfilling feeling...

LOL

Thanks again and I will post more pics later on. Take care.

Kenny

Kindredspirit
06-02-2006, 05:21 PM
I made it Kenny ~ That is an incredible picture! I shld grab Deb and Candy and pop on down!

How big is she? Nope... I didnt read this whole thread ... Sorry! Thanks for telling me about it tho on the phone Kenny ~

Really Nice ~ Do you have a name for her? We shall think of one yes?

Marie ~ http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/29/29_4_11.gif

Kenny's Discus
06-02-2006, 05:23 PM
Kenny, those are some beautiful discus you have. Fat, happy, healthy and the tanks are immaculate!! A full time job with all the w/c, etc... but you've done very well. Keep up the good work.:)

Thanks Barb. But on the other hand because I've worked so hard FOR them I'm becoming skinny, unhappy and unhealthy...lol Nice to see you Barb. Take care friend.

Kenny

Kenny's Discus
06-02-2006, 05:32 PM
I made it Kenny ~ That is an incredible picture! I shld grab Deb and Candy and pop on down!

How big is she? Nope... I didnt read this whole thread ... Sorry! Thanks for telling me about it tho on the phone Kenny ~

Really Nice ~ Do you have a name for her? We shall think of one yes?

Marie - now you gave me this chance and I didn't ask for it ok friend? Ready? Her name is:

"*******" (I keep forgetting how it is spelled) LOL

I have said this many times Marie...You or Debbie or Candy or anyone else will be more than welcome to come by. Just ring my bell, it's very easy to find. The door has rams pictures on it lol.

I assumed you were asking about the red female(carrying frys)? She's about...let me think...13-14 months old more or less. Can't even remember exactly, sry. She's very caring though and for the most of the last 2 days she just stays at 1 place as if she thought she'll lose her babies if she had moved around.

Hope all your fish will rebound soon. I'll go check your threads later. Have a nice day Marie.

Kenny

Kenny's Discus
06-02-2006, 07:04 PM
A few more quick shots of her with day-2 frys. She looks very lonely though and I feel kinda bad for her...will put her back with her bf once the frys can be separated...(if they're not eaten)

most of the time she just stays at the corner quietly like this...

Kenny's Discus
06-02-2006, 07:05 PM
another one.

Kenny's Discus
06-02-2006, 07:06 PM
the frys have grown a bit already in just 2 days...

Kenny's Discus
06-02-2006, 07:07 PM
this one shows the frys better...

Kenny's Discus
06-02-2006, 07:08 PM
last one. She's becoming quite dark(around the outer part of the fins) considering her color strain.

Kenny's Discus
06-02-2006, 07:14 PM
You can see the difference here when she was a little younger and not into breeding mode yet. She looks a lot lighter to me. (compare that tail color)

Kenny's Discus
06-02-2006, 07:17 PM
oh I just found a couple old pics so I'm gonna post them...they look quite cool with big frys!

Kenny's Discus
06-02-2006, 07:19 PM
thanks all for reading. Have a nice day!

Kenny

White Worm
06-02-2006, 07:51 PM
Awesome as usual Kenny my friend!!!! It is very apparent that you could be considered one of the experts here. You are very modest but your fish speak for you. Great looking parents and frys all around. I think I may have to let you baby-sit three of my pairs for a while and you can use your magic. I have been to the magic garage and I will be back very soon for another visit and pay no attention to the handful of missing scarlet babies after I leave, OK? :D Let me know when they are old enough to travel and I will be at your door. I would like to grow out 5-8 of those reds. Just name your price my friend. Thanks for everything and all the advice and instruction you have given me over the last 10 months. The babies I got from you back in Nov 05 are almost the same size as romeo and juliet now. Still young adults but great health and shape. The whites I got from you a couple months ago are starting to shape up nicely and still pure white. Take Care and I hope all is well with you and your family. Mike
PS..You should see the albino angels, OMG, they are as big as my adult discus! I lost one to the filter intake while cleaning but the other 3 are monsters and eat like 3 pigs!!! I hope to get a pair from them, who knows. Thanks again!!

Kindredspirit
06-02-2006, 07:59 PM
...hmm.... The Magic Garage....huh Mike? Me thinks we shld make a sign and hang it there for Kenny ~

Project Project!! I shall bring it on our road trip ~ ya know the one we have been planning like forever??

Kenny I love that discus's shape ~ incredible pics for real ~

Kenny's Discus
06-02-2006, 08:21 PM
Awesome as usual Kenny my friend!!!! It is very apparent that you could be considered one of the experts here. You are very modest but your fish speak for you. Great looking parents and frys all around. I think I may have to let you baby-sit three of my pairs for a while and you can use your magic. I have been to the magic garage and I will be back very soon for another visit and pay no attention to the handful of missing scarlet babies after I leave, OK? :D Let me know when they are old enough to travel and I will be at your door. I would like to grow out 5-8 of those reds. Just name your price my friend. Thanks for everything and all the advice and instruction you have given me over the last 10 months. The babies I got from you back in Nov 05 are almost the same size as romeo and juliet now. Still young adults but great health and shape. The whites I got from you a couple months ago are starting to shape up nicely and still pure white. Take Care and I hope all is well with you and your family. Mike
PS..You should see the albino angels, OMG, they are as big as my adult discus! I lost one to the filter intake while cleaning but the other 3 are monsters and eat like 3 pigs!!! I hope to get a pair from them, who knows. Thanks again!!

Hello Mike you're too much...lol. No seriously I thank you for your very kind words but still no expert and no magic. I'll call you and let you know when they are ready so we can meet up and chat things out a bit. Phil said he'll only give me like 4-6 weeks so I guess that'll be the time I have lol(Thanks Phil again).

When you come Mike you'll see 8 cameras installed at every corner of my garage; plus a few security guards lol. Please wear lightly when you come ok friend? Oh and remember to read the sign:

"No Bags allowed"

I know, I know about the albino angels. I've seen those grow-outs in some of my friends' tanks. They grow fast and never stop eating. I wish my discus would have that kind of growth rate.

Take care friend, see you soon. Hello to Lisa for me please?

Kenny

Kenny's Discus
06-02-2006, 08:25 PM
...hmm.... The Magic Garage....huh Mike? Me thinks we shld make a sign and hang it there for Kenny ~

Project Project!! I shall bring it on our road trip ~ ya know the one we have been planning like forever??

Hello Marie - thank you thank you. Well the road trip you've been planning wasn't that long ago...like only a few years. I predict I'll be seeing you in like 2010?

:-p

Thanks again,
Kenny

lhforbes12
06-02-2006, 10:00 PM
Mike,
Psssssssssssst you distract Kenny and I'll bag us some.

Kenny's Discus
06-02-2006, 10:33 PM
Mike,

Larry thanks for the reminder. In such case I'll be changing the sign to:

"No bags or Larrys allowed".

LOL

Have a nice weekend pal.
Kenny

greyhoundfan
06-02-2006, 11:03 PM
Beautiful fish there. Your scarlet looks like it was spray brushed. I certainly wouldn't mind a 2hr drive to visit your place.

Unfortunately it would just take me a little longer than that.

Kenny's Discus
06-02-2006, 11:10 PM
Beautiful fish there. Your scarlet looks like it was spray brushed. I certainly wouldn't mind a 2hr drive to visit your place.

Unfortunately it would just take me a little longer than that.

Hi greyhoundfan- thanks and just let me know if you want to come anytime.

"Spray-brushed" huh...lol...maybe so maybe not. I don't remember having red paint at home though...

Take care,
Kenny

White Worm
06-03-2006, 02:48 AM

If all else fails, we will all be at the ACA in 07 in SAC! Godd idea for a project!

White Worm
06-03-2006, 02:52 AM
Mike,

Looks like the only way we wil be able to sneak some out is if we work together and gang up on him, :bandana: .

Kenny...i dont need no stinkin bags :p . By the time you review the security tapes, I will be long gone :D . After review you will have noticed my wet pockets. I'll have some water waiting for them in the car. Now I just have to teach your fish how to jump out of the tank and into my pockets, lol.

Kenny's Discus
06-03-2006, 03:07 AM
Looks like the only way we wil be able to sneak some out is if we work together and gang up on him, :bandana: .

Kenny...i dont need no stinkin bags :p . By the time you review the security tapes, I will be long gone :D . After review you will have noticed my wet pockets. I'll have some water waiting for them in the car. Now I just have to teach your fish how to jump out of the tank and into my pockets, lol.

Breaking news: "a scarlet man(or men depending on Larry's decision) was sent to life (lol) today for stealing red scarlet discus babies(what?) in Daly City of CA. When the scarlet man was asked whether he regretted about his action, he told the media that what he regretted the most was not taking the scarlet parents as well...and forgot to take out the breeder, since he got life anyway..."

Be careful of your action Mike. You will be under my scrutiny lol. Also if it's not too much trouble, please return my styrofoam box next time when you come as I can see how useful it can be for you.(in the car)

;-p

Have a good night friend.
Kenny

White Worm
06-03-2006, 03:25 AM
OK, OK, Maybe I can just hope that you cant count when I get my fry, lol.
You cant have the styrofoam back because I have to keep re-using when I come to your magic garage.

Kenny's Discus
06-03-2006, 03:29 AM
LOL see you soon Mike.

used2bBubbles
06-03-2006, 11:39 PM
Kenny, have been looking at all your pictures and enjoying them immensely! Gorgeous fish! And I love the pictures with the fry.

I've had angels for about 5 years and have never had a pair parent raise. I hand-raised some, but there is nothing like the parents doing it. I admire your expertise with these discus. Healthy fry don't come by accident.

Please post more when they get a little older!

Kathi

Kenny's Discus
06-03-2006, 11:58 PM
Kenny, have been looking at all your pictures and enjoying them immensely! Gorgeous fish! And I love the pictures with the fry.

I've had angels for about 5 years and have never had a pair parent raise. I hand-raised some, but there is nothing like the parents doing it. I admire your expertise with these discus. Healthy fry don't come by accident.

Please post more when they get a little older!

Kathi

Hello Kathi - thank you I'm glad you like them. They're not much but these days with digital camera you can never stop snaping enough pics lol...see what I mean?

Me too Kathi, when I bred albino angels, I could never get the parents to raise them either...I agree with you that it's real enjoyable to watch the parents raise their babies; also it's less work for the breeder. But I do know of a few very successful artificial discus breeder(Cliff, who else) who have mastered the techniques beautifully...

I'll put up more pics as they grow.

Take care Kathi.
Kenny

used2bBubbles
06-04-2006, 12:04 AM
Kenny, NEVER say "they're not much." Those are gorgeous discus. No question about it.

I had 2 PBs, 2 RPs and 3 BDs until recently; had to put down 1 BD due to such bad eyesight. Got so discouraged that I traded the 4 for longfin plecos and am now babying the 2 remaining BDs, who also have very bad eyesight.

The sad part is they appear to be a pair; not sure yet, but if they are, I can't let their eggs get to the fry stage, as the eyesight would carry down to them. :( So I really envy you.

Kathi

Kenny's Discus
06-04-2006, 12:32 AM
Kenny, NEVER say "they're not much." Those are gorgeous discus. No question about it.

I had 2 PBs, 2 RPs and 3 BDs until recently; had to put down 1 BD due to such bad eyesight. Got so discouraged that I traded the 4 for longfin plecos and am now babying the 2 remaining BDs, who also have very bad eyesight.

The sad part is they appear to be a pair; not sure yet, but if they are, I can't let their eggs get to the fry stage, as the eyesight would carry down to them. :( So I really envy you.

Kathi

Kathi - by saying this I'm not asking you to try to breed that pair of BDs(poor eye sight) you have right now...in terms of selecting breeding one should never pass on undesirable genes to next generation. But you know what Kathi, in my very early breeding years, because I was primarily trying to see frys on their parents back, I wasn't too "selective" and I was able to successfully breed a pair of BDs...and the mom had very bad eye-sight. In the beginning it was hard for her but after a few unsuccessful tries she learned to "adjust" and aim just a bit higher when she was trying to catch frys wandering off, or picking out unfertilized eggs. I was very surprised to say the least. In my case, I remember most of their frys did not inherit that bad eye-sight trait from her.

Just something wanted to share with you Kathi...whether you want to breed them or not, you'll have to make that decision.

Take care,
Kenny

used2bBubbles
06-04-2006, 11:36 AM
Thanks, Kenny. That's encouraging. A friend who has raised and bred discus for over 20 years told me she'd put them both down; that the chances of them passing the gene was too great.

I am still spending a lot of time observing them and hand-feeding them, so what the future holds, I don't know. They currently are presenting some spawning behavior, but I'm not 100% sure that's what it is.

Thanks for your opinion. I appreciate that.

Kathi

Kenny's Discus
06-05-2006, 09:23 AM
Just a few update pics with days-4 frys.

I did lose some frys due to starvation. The rest are doing just fine and growing. Every 1 of those frys that died on the bottom were very skinny(didn't eat) I also noticed these frys just do not recognize RED as "dark object" at all. Some of the frys that didn't make it did not eat their parents' slime coat, even though they stayed at mom's side. When I bred other darker color strains I did not see this happened(even Snow White, although its fins has some blue color). Oh well it's their first successful spawn so I'll see how the frys do next time...

JMO I think Mr. Soh is very right in that sometimes with certain color strains the parents may only be able to raise a % of frys due to this reason, except for those very experienced pairs.

All opinions on this color strains vs. frys attachment subject will be very welcome!

update pic 1 with day-4 frys

Kenny's Discus
06-05-2006, 09:24 AM
update pic 2

Kenny's Discus
06-05-2006, 09:25 AM
update pic 3

lhforbes12
06-05-2006, 10:40 AM
Breaking news: "a scarlet man(or men depending on Larry's decision) was sent to life (lol) today for stealing red scarlet discus babies(what?) in Daly City of CA. When the scarlet man was asked whether he regretted about his action, he told the media that what he regretted the most was not taking the scarlet parents as well...and forgot to take out the breeder, since he got life anyway..."

Be careful of your action Mike. You will be under my scrutiny lol. Also if it's not too much trouble, please return my styrofoam box next time when you come as I can see how useful it can be for you.(in the car)

;-p

Have a good night friend.
Kenny

Mike,
Kenny just gave me a great idea! I have tons of those tiny styrofoam boxes that SF Bay Brand fbs & fbw come in. We can each bring in a couple and while one of us distracts Kenny the other can be stuffing fish in the boxes. Should work great!

Larry

Kenny's Discus
06-05-2006, 10:48 AM
Mike,
Kenny just gave me a great idea! I have tons of those tiny styrofoam boxes that SF Bay Brand fbs & fbw come in. We can each bring in a couple and while one of us distracts Kenny the other can be stuffing fish in the boxes. Should work great!

Larry

yeah yeah yeah Larry should work great but I haven't slept yet...lol

Be good now Larry. :-)

Kenny

Stillwater Aquatics
06-05-2006, 12:48 PM
Mike/Larry,
I can lend out some styro's if you get me some fish too ;) hehe j/k

nice Scarlets Kenny! :D :D keep up the great work, and yes i have had the parent color/fry attachment issue before as well, with my orange spotted white x red white. :(

Kenny's Discus
06-05-2006, 06:02 PM
Mike/Larry,
I can lend out some styro's if you get me some fish too ;) hehe j/k

nice Scarlets Kenny! :D :D keep up the great work, and yes i have had the parent color/fry attachment issue before as well, with my orange spotted white x red white. :(

Thanks Jon for sharing yours! It's good to know that others might have experienced the same scenario(color/fry attachment) as mine. Thanks again friend.

Kenny

Stillwater Aquatics
06-05-2006, 06:13 PM
Yeah they are finnally attaching, this is a first for them! This week has been good for fry :D :D

Kenny's Discus
06-05-2006, 06:22 PM
Congrats Jon! Best of luck to yours. Can't wait to see your frys/parent of that cross under your masterful hand!

Have fun raising them.
Kenny

used2bBubbles
06-05-2006, 06:26 PM
Sorry to hear you lost some fry, Kenny. Isn't Mother Nature something? Giving these teeny little fry the instinct (or not) to eat the slime off their parents. Who would have guessed!

Kathi

Kenny's Discus
06-05-2006, 06:54 PM
Sorry to hear you lost some fry, Kenny. Isn't Mother Nature something? Giving these teeny little fry the instinct (or not) to eat the slime off their parents. Who would have guessed!

Kathi

I totally agree Kathi, and I really paid special attention to this batch of frys. At first when I was looking very closely at the frys(after attachment) I noticed the above mentioned scenario. I was scratching my head as to why some would not take a "bite" on mom's slime coat. I hate losing frys no matter what strains they are from... :-(

I guess Survival of the Fittest play a role here somewhat...

Take care,
Kenny

tpl*co
06-05-2006, 07:00 PM
LOL, you do magic Kenny, are you playing mood music to your fish or something? I'm thinking of bringing my pair over to your place so I can finally get them to successfully raise something! (female is still on strike after the last almost successful attempt). Perhaps there's some vibes or luck or something there that will rub off on them :).

Tina

Kenny's Discus
06-05-2006, 07:09 PM
Hey Tina - no magic at all just got lucky.

I do play a lot of Mosaic music in the background, was playing New Age but they didn't seem to work at all lol...maybe discus are like some of us...old school. LOL

Kenny

White Worm
06-05-2006, 08:23 PM
LOL, you do magic Kenny, are you playing mood music to your fish or something? I'm thinking of bringing my pair over to your place so I can finally get them to successfully raise something! (female is still on strike after the last almost successful attempt). Perhaps there's some vibes or luck or something there that will rub off on them :).

Tina

I get first dibs on Kenny taking care of one of my pairs. Maybe even two. I just havent had the time lately to concentrate on breeding. :(
.......uh......yes.....there is some magic going on in there! Just have kenny come over and put his hands in the tank, you will have no problems after that I think, lol. He has magic discus dust in his pores or something :D .

White Worm
06-05-2006, 08:28 PM
Hey Tina - no magic at all just got lucky.

I do play a lot of Mosaic music in the background, was playing New Age but they didn't seem to work at all lol...maybe discus are like some of us...old school. LOL

Kenny

Sorry to hear of the lost fry. Again, sorry I wasnt able to talk yesterday. I would have called today but I forgot my cell phone at home with your number. I will call ya this evening so we can chat about my new scarlet fry, lol. I already see the 6-8 that I want in those cool pictures. Mike

Kenny's Discus
06-05-2006, 08:29 PM
guys....how many times do I have to say this...NO MAGIC!!!

As I've just disclosed the secret of the trade earlier...the catch is the...

MOSAIC MUSIC.

Again thank you Mike and others for your kind words,
Kenny

ps: Mike np at all. Let me know which 6-8 that you're interested in and I'll see if they are still available LOL...sure thing Mike call me anytime. Have a nice day!

White Worm
06-06-2006, 06:42 PM
The first two that I want are the ones watching the fry, lol. No huh?....ok I'll settle for your personal fry selection when they get older. You have always saved me some great quality and I trust your keen eye for quality. Mike
Remember though, I will have a tank strictly for these 6-8 babies ready to go when they are old enough for travel.

Kindredspirit
06-07-2006, 12:36 AM
Just for you Kenny ~

crazy4discus
06-07-2006, 02:07 AM
What the heck???? Crazy!!!!

bumblebee
06-07-2006, 02:32 AM
OMG, that's so sweet...

Kenny's Discus
06-07-2006, 03:32 AM
The first two that I want are the ones watching the fry, lol. No huh?....ok I'll settle for your personal fry selection when they get older. You have always saved me some great quality and I trust your keen eye for quality. Mike
Remember though, I will have a tank strictly for these 6-8 babies ready to go when they are old enough for travel.

Mike - thank you, as always. And you knew it b4 asking the question!!! Those 2 watching the frys are NOT FOR SALE! LOL

Take care Mike,
Kenny

Kenny's Discus
06-07-2006, 03:36 AM
Just for you Kenny ~

Wow Marie...what can I say? Can someone show me how to put up a crying smiley here?

Thank you Marie...like bumblebee said it's really sweet of yours. I so appreciate it! (btw that sign is located in Daly City somewhere right? lol)

God bless you Marie and all of us in the world.

Thanks,
Kenny

Kindredspirit
06-07-2006, 07:44 AM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_19_2.gif

Kenny's Discus
06-07-2006, 09:14 PM
ok took a bunch of pics upon coming back from work...get ready for some action? LOL

Some of my discus when he/she is carrying frys...THEY GOT MOVES!!! :-)

frys are getting a little bigger with the addition of bbs to their diet. (notice their bellies turned orange after their meal)

Kenny's Discus
06-07-2006, 09:16 PM
Her dance move #1

:-0

Kenny's Discus
06-07-2006, 09:16 PM
#2 I like this 180 move the best...

Kenny's Discus
06-07-2006, 09:17 PM
#3 she likes dancing...lol

Kenny's Discus
06-07-2006, 09:20 PM
I have high hope for this pair, they are very big in size.

Their 3rd try have produced some wigglers, not too much around 40-50 but it's a start.

Kenny's Discus
06-07-2006, 09:23 PM
mom's slowly getting darker while dad watches the wigglers closely...

Kenny's Discus
06-07-2006, 09:24 PM
Daddy watching the wigglers.

Kenny's Discus
06-07-2006, 09:26 PM
These frys attach the moment they free swim...much less work for me as compared to the lighter color strains.

lhforbes12
06-07-2006, 09:37 PM
Kenny,
Very nice and that RT female is absolutely gorgeous!

Kenny's Discus
06-07-2006, 09:41 PM
someone help me find my "avatar" a nicely spotted leopard female? I'll agree to a joint venture proposition.

Kenny's Discus
06-07-2006, 09:42 PM
Hey he got moves too!!!

Kenny's Discus
06-07-2006, 09:44 PM
he keeps "peeping" at the other pairs...I feel kinda bad for him. :-(

Thank you so much Larry. I think she(#142) was bought as a Maze Leopard(but who cares lol). She's almost 7" horizontally.

Kenny's Discus
06-07-2006, 09:46 PM
last 2 of the red scarlet mom.

Kenny's Discus
06-07-2006, 09:47 PM
Thank you all for reading. Have a nice evening!

Take care,
Kenny

lhforbes12
06-07-2006, 09:49 PM
Kenny,
If you get your avatar to produce babies I'll fly out there just to buy some!

Kenny's Discus
06-07-2006, 09:56 PM
lol I hear you Larry but are you sure? Cause I would only sell you 1 fry of the batch...(joking)

Thanks Larry I'll let you know ok friend?

Kenny(dinner time, again)

used2bBubbles
06-07-2006, 10:20 PM
You ARE the magic man! I bet part of it is the water!

Thank you, Kenny, for posting the pics of your fry and mom and dad. They are absolutely gorgeous. And there's nothing cuter than little fry hanging (literally) on mom or dad.

Question: do some fry attach to mom and some to dad or when one goes to the other parent do they all go?

Enjoyed your photos very much. Thanks.

Kathi

Kenny's Discus
06-07-2006, 11:29 PM
You ARE the magic man! I bet part of it is the water!

Thank you, Kenny, for posting the pics of your fry and mom and dad. They are absolutely gorgeous. And there's nothing cuter than little fry hanging (literally) on mom or dad.

Question: do some fry attach to mom and some to dad or when one goes to the other parent do they all go?

Enjoyed your photos very much. Thanks.

Kathi

Hi Kathi - many thanks for your kind words. And yes you're right...it's all about the water! :-)

"do some fry attach to mom and some to dad or when one goes to the other parent do they all go?"

To me it mostly depends on the color strains of the parent and how experienced they are. But sometimes even some light color parent will catch the lost frys and spit them out to encourage frys to feed on them. If you ask me IMO it's mostly the color of parents.

A good example...look at pic # 144. See how most, if not all, of the frys are staying with the BD in stead of the Red White?

I'm glad you like those photos. Thanks again Kathi.

Kenny

greyhoundfan
06-07-2006, 11:48 PM
You can't see me right now..

But I'm giving you a standing "O"!!

Well done..:thumbsup:

Kenny's Discus
06-08-2006, 08:24 AM
Thanks greyhoundfan. Glad you like them.(I assumed you like them or else no standing O given right?)

Kenny

White Worm
06-08-2006, 11:02 AM
Good mommy fish.....now bring mike some......I mean kenny some nice grown scarlet babies. :D

used2bBubbles
06-08-2006, 01:01 PM
Boy, it's a good thing there's no commandment for "coveting thy neighbor's DISCUS!!!"

White Worm
06-08-2006, 04:16 PM
:D :D

Kenny's Discus
06-08-2006, 04:29 PM
I don't want no discus stealing neighbors......LOL

Kenny

White Worm
06-08-2006, 04:38 PM
Maybe just borrow them for a few years?

Kenny's Discus
06-08-2006, 04:44 PM
Maybe just borrow them for a few years?

frys for a few "months" ok; those that are watching the frys, ohh-oh...I'm not so sure Mike...

Kenny

Kenny's Discus
06-23-2006, 09:58 PM
Hi George - here they are. Take a look friend.

Kenny

Kenny's Discus
06-23-2006, 09:59 PM
another.

Kenny's Discus
06-23-2006, 10:02 PM
last one.

lhforbes12
06-23-2006, 10:21 PM
Kenny,
Very nice setup, are those 29's and are they drilled?

Kenny's Discus
06-23-2006, 10:23 PM
Hi Larry - no they're not drilled...all are glass tanks and ones on top are 28/29gs??? (sry I forgot but it's either one of them lol)

Kenny

Kindredspirit
06-24-2006, 12:16 AM
We will take one from ea tank when we come Kenny:D

Ed13
06-24-2006, 01:33 AM
I want to cry everytime I see pics of kenny's fishroom! It's so beautifull
Nice, clean and always with plenty of activity;) :D

I wonder if you'll ever need employees to keep it running:D :D :D

Kenny's Discus
06-24-2006, 01:46 AM
We will take one from ea tank when we come Kenny:D

Hi Marie - I got security cameras in my fishroom so be careful lol. You can ask Mike(Milkus) for his prior experience.(not very pleasant lol)

Looking forward to meeting you and Candy soon.

Take care,
Kenny

Kenny's Discus
06-24-2006, 01:48 AM
I want to cry everytime I see pics of kenny's fishroom! It's so beautifull
Nice, clean and always with plenty of activity;) :D

I wonder if you'll ever need employees to keep it running:D :D :D

Thank you for your kind words Ed13. I don't need no employees; but I'll never have too many friends...discus friends especially.

Thanks again friend.
Kenny

White Worm
06-24-2006, 02:31 PM
Nice as always!!!

Kenny's Discus
06-25-2006, 12:56 AM
Thank you as always Mike. Here are the Yellows as requested.

Kenny's Discus
06-25-2006, 12:58 AM
another.

White Worm
06-25-2006, 01:04 AM
Kenny.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Very nice discus!!!!

White Worm
06-25-2006, 01:35 AM
awesome, see ya tomorrow for sure, i'll bring my styro box like every time i come over, lol.

Kenny's Discus
06-25-2006, 01:42 AM
Okay friend! Remember to drive safe.

Kenny

Ed13
06-25-2006, 01:48 AM
awesome, see ya tomorrow for sure, i'll bring my styro box like every time i come over, lol.

Name one after me, please!!!:D :D :D If it turns out like me, you'll need a bigger fridge for BW;)

Kenny's Discus
06-25-2006, 01:54 AM
I hear you Ed13 LOL. Just placed an online order for a bigger fridge...for your fish food.

Take care,
Kenny

Dissident
06-25-2006, 02:44 AM
That setup is SICK!

Oh yeah and I want some of your fish for my 55 once it is ready they look great!

Kenny's Discus
06-25-2006, 03:23 AM
Thank you Dissident. I will let you know once I have everything setup.

Thanks again,
Kenny

Dissident
06-25-2006, 05:46 PM
Well I got 2 55gal and a 45gal I can have set up in a week ;)

What do you have all set up in your fish room?
#breeding tanks & pairs.
#grow-out tanks

That is just a great looking setup!

Kenny's Discus
06-25-2006, 05:51 PM
Hi Dissident - sry I'm being a bit lazy here lol...but you can see some of the setup on my old fishroom thread(I changed some of the tanks layout & placement though).

http://forum.simplydiscus.com//showthread.php?t=45944

Thanks again friend,
Kenny

bumblebee
06-26-2006, 06:11 PM
Hi Kenny,
What do you feed your yellow, all mine ture orange in a matter of month or two, thanks.

Alex

Kenny's Discus
06-26-2006, 06:18 PM
Hi Alex - IMHE there are 2 possibilities...some yellow strains will turn a bit orange as they age no matter what food you gave them; while other more pure yellows will stay yellow as long as you refrain from feeding them food with red color enhancer. Actually my yellow-whites turned a little orange too(no Tetrabits fed) but to me they look kinda cool.

Thanks,
Kenny

Kindredspirit
06-26-2006, 06:34 PM
Hi Kenny,
What do you feed your yellow, all mine ture orange in a matter of month or two, thanks.

Alex

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_44.gif

White Worm
06-26-2006, 06:42 PM
Marie, he is talking about ones that he recieved from different source in the past, not this batch and not this source. We are not sure whats to come with these guys but I will not feed any red color enhancers and I will keep everyone updated on their color. Hopefully they stay yellow and if not, I agree, they look kinda cool with a little orange and yellow. We will see!

Kindredspirit
06-26-2006, 06:45 PM
Oh... Okay then.....if you say so:p

Marie ~ :angel:

tpl*co
06-26-2006, 06:50 PM
Marie, he is talking about ones that he recieved from different source in the past, not this batch and not this source. We are not sure whats to come with these guys but I will not feed any red color enhancers and I will keep everyone updated on their color. Hopefully they stay yellow and if not, I agree, they look kinda cool with a little orange and yellow. We will see!

With practically every food out there having some kind of red enhancer, what do you feed them? (of course tetrabits are out, LOL)

Tina

White Worm
06-27-2006, 04:32 AM
With practically every food out there having some kind of red enhancer, what do you feed them? (of course tetrabits are out, LOL)

Tina
Yeah, it is difficult but tetra bits are a good place not to start, lol. Worms! I may not be able to avoid all color enhancers but I would like to try my best to keep em lemons. tetra bits just say color enhancers, not neccesarily red enhancers...hmmmm. Dont know but I will take the advice of those who know more than me.

Kenny's Discus
06-27-2006, 04:37 AM
Hi Mike - it's the "beta-carotene" of Tetrabits that causes the orange color. However, it does contain antioxidant properties that are good for the fish' immune system.

Kenny

Kindredspirit
06-27-2006, 05:15 AM
Really Kenny ~ So the bits wld def add some orange to their color? Well isnt there some food enhancer that wld enhance the yellow? Im guessin not or we wldnt be having this conversation ~

Ya think?:o

I really want two of those lemon yellow fishies of yours Kenny when we come ~ but I shld get six...and not less than four but I only want two!

Oh ******** ~ decisions decisions decisions.....

Marie ~ http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/5/5_9_5.gif

Kenny's Discus
06-27-2006, 05:24 AM
LOL Marie...make up you mind!!! 6,4,2...might as well get the whole tank of them don't you think? YES? (j/k)

I don't know of any food enhancer that will enhance yellow though...

Take care friend,

Kenny
ps: hey Marie you like Leopard Snakeskin too? LOL more decision to make...

Kindredspirit
06-27-2006, 05:35 AM
hey Marie you like Leopard Snakeskin too? LOL more decision to make...

I will? And I suppose you have those as well? http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_28_114.gif

This Will Never End ~ whatz a girl to do? I ask you:p And you ....people like YOU play on our weaknesses by posting these adorable pictures and colors and .......well ~

I got your number baby!

Marie ~ http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/5/5_9_5.gif

Kenny's Discus
06-27-2006, 05:39 AM
Just joking with you Marie. I never play on anyone's weaknesses...except yours of course.

See you soon.
Kenny

Kenny's Discus
07-19-2006, 10:41 PM
What are the chances of these eggs being fertilized?

Kenny's Discus
07-19-2006, 10:42 PM
I say "zero"...

Kenny's Discus
07-19-2006, 10:43 PM
because the big yellow male did his job half an hr AFTER the female laid hers.:D

At least it's a start I guess...

Kenny's Discus
07-19-2006, 10:45 PM
How about these 2?

Kenny's Discus
07-19-2006, 10:46 PM
They are fertilized...:p

lhforbes12
07-19-2006, 10:47 PM
because the big yellow male did his job half an hr AFTER the female laid hers.:D

At least it's a start I guess...

Hmmmmm... sounds like me

Kenny's Discus
07-19-2006, 10:47 PM
the pigeon female is being separated by an eggcrate divider.

Kenny's Discus
07-19-2006, 10:48 PM
He's trying hard to catch any wigglers wandering away...

Kenny's Discus
07-19-2006, 10:50 PM
a few wigglers starting to freeswim and stay near top of water surface.

Kenny's Discus
07-19-2006, 10:51 PM
last pic of a cluster of wigglers on top. Thanks all for looking.

Kenny

Kenny's Discus
07-19-2006, 10:53 PM
Hmmmmm... sounds like me

:D Hey you Larry...you don't ever give up do you?:D (j/k)

Kenny

used2bBubbles
07-19-2006, 11:39 PM
Larry, thanks for your silly comment! Made me laugh and I really could use it tonight!

Kenny, your pictures are, as always, excellent and super interesting! I love the ones of the tiny wigglerss at the top of the tank! Oh, how neat. So far the only chance at having that is with my 2 angel pairs, which spawn quite regularly. We never get past day 3. . . the one female does so well the first day. Day 2 she gets bored and by the end of the day has either knocked the eggs off the slate or eaten them! :( Oh, well, I'm not in the mood to be taking care of angelfish fry anyway....

Thanks for posting your pictures. Always a joy to look at.

Kathi

Kenny's Discus
07-20-2006, 05:57 AM
Thanks Kathi for your kind comments. I was surprised to see the yellow male spawned with my red female only 1 day after he was brought home.:)

Kathi I remember Ryan once said that if you want your angel parents to carry frys patience is the key. I myself had no luck to get my pair, or should I say the only pair:D, of albino angel to carry for me...

Thanks again Kathi.
Kenny

AmberC
07-20-2006, 06:53 AM
Wow Kenny! Awesome pictures! I just love the fry ones! And any pics of those yellows will be top in my book! I soooo need one!

Amber

used2bBubbles
07-20-2006, 10:58 AM
Thanks Kathi for your kind comments. I was surprised to see the yellow male spawned with my red female only 1 day after he was brought home.:)

Kathi I remember Ryan once said that if you want your angel parents to carry frys patience is the key. I myself had no luck to get my pair, or should I say the only pair:D, of albino angel to carry for me...

Thanks again Kathi.
Kenny

Well, that was a nice surprise! But then that doesn't surprise the rest of us here, Kenny. You are the King Neptune of the forum, it appears. Any fish you come into contact with do what you intend them to do! Can't beat that!!!!

Oh, my angel pairs have been together for 4 years. Still practicing.....:(

allan_mark76
05-06-2010, 04:03 PM
Kickin' it ol school...Kenny the breeder...

~AKA~

Eddie
05-06-2010, 07:53 PM
I've been subscribed to this thread for a long time. Kenny IS an amazing breeder! ;)

Eddie