PDA

View Full Version : turq pairing-FINALLY A PAIR

novice breeder
06-02-2006, 09:00 PM
hi guys,

haven't posted in a while, busy with exams. To my suprise my turqs laid eggs not the pair i want but none the less a pair. they laid eggs last thursday saw the eggs get black so in thinking a fertile male however no young , they are still in a community tank, they laid eggs in 5 days after the first spawn,Is THIS NORMAL??? again no young i going to place them in there own tank. so far they are guarding and taking care of the eggs. wish me luck...:D :D :D :D :D

what are the possible outcomes from a following pairing of

a female striated turq and a male cobalt

a female striated turq and a male leopard

and female striated turq and a male(blue diamond cross bluesnakeskin)

and female striated turq and a male LSS

what are the young going to look like and at what percentage????

THANKING YOU IN ADVANCE!!!!!:D :D

BIGFOOT
06-02-2006, 09:08 PM
Good luck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lhforbes12
06-02-2006, 10:04 PM
Novice,
I can't help you with the genetics but the spawning, while a little fast, is entirely normal. I've heard of some spawning again after only 3 days.

Larry

marilyn1998
06-02-2006, 10:14 PM
My pair just bred 8 days apart. Of course, neither of the spawns were allowed to go for 24 hours. ( they pick on my heater, and I dont want to encourage that. I dont want fry either. and they never all fertilize as I have hard water. so i remove the eggs.)

novice breeder
06-06-2006, 07:03 PM
some more suggestions plzzzzzzz:D :D :D :D

novice breeder
06-17-2006, 02:39 PM
hi to all,

help needed!!! they have spawned about 7 times so far .they are doing an excellent job of caring for the eggs however no wrigglers, eggs are fertilized since they are turning black from orange. what to do ??? should i leave the pair to figure it out or leave one parent to tend to the eggs and see if i get babies or switch partners with female?? should i cover the eggs to prevent eating of young? any suggestions?????:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: