PDA

View Full Version : BloodPigeon X Blue Turq

discus_fanatic
06-14-2006, 12:45 PM
hello family, my pair laid eggs and finally have freeswim. Right when I disconnected my internet connection. I couldn't post for question or ask for advice but they turned out okay. Some are attaching now. I'll share pictures with you guys soon. Wish me luck . ^^

p.s. how do you guys do water change with freeswim all over the place?

White Worm
06-14-2006, 02:25 PM
Do water changes (%) like normal but into a bucket, that way you can see if you sucked up any fry.

discus_fanatic
06-14-2006, 02:40 PM
oh yea.. i thought i read that somewhere. Thank you

AADiscus
06-14-2006, 04:48 PM
Depending on what you use for wc's. A siphon hose or a pump. Take you a piece of tubing and use it to drain water into a bucket. We use a pump for wc's so it is kinda hard not to get any fry without being extremely careful. Once the fry are attached to the parents good then you won't have to worry about it. The parents will keep them out of your way.

Alight
06-14-2006, 05:44 PM
Even with a wide open hose, amazingly few fry get sucked up with water changes (I siphon into a bucket). However, you can prevent even those few by putting a sponge over the hose when you're siphoning out the water. That way, you don't have to pay much attention either.

discus_fanatic
06-15-2006, 01:19 AM
awesome. Thank you for the advices

discus_fanatic
06-15-2006, 02:07 PM
hmm..interesting ... my pair laid eggs again even with the frys trying to attach.. is that normal ?

lhforbes12
06-15-2006, 02:24 PM
Even with a wide open hose, amazingly few fry get sucked up with water changes (I siphon into a bucket). However, you can prevent even those few by putting a sponge over the hose when you're siphoning out the water. That way, you don't have to pay much attention either.

Al.
Great idea!

AADiscus
06-15-2006, 05:09 PM
discus_fanatichmm..interesting ... my pair laid eggs again even with the frys trying to attach.. is that normal ?

Sometimes the pair will spawn again. The pair will normally eat the fry that is in the tank to get ready for the eggs they just laid. I would either clean the eggs off so they will tend to there fry or let them eat the fry and tend to the new eggs. If you notice next time they have eggs/fry and the female is/wants to spawn, pull her and let dad handle the eggs/fry. That way you don't keep losing babies.

ps....if you have another pair you could also try letting them adopt the fry and raise them.;)

discus_fanatic
06-16-2006, 12:25 AM
ah I see. Thank for your input Angela.

I'm at work I hope I'm not too late. ^^