PDA

View Full Version : Off Topic - Looking for Dario Dario/Badis Bengalensis

stilgar2k
06-16-2006, 05:22 PM
Anyone know where I can find some of these cute fishes. I have bred them before but had not seen them in LFS. Thanks, Kenny.

Kenny's Discus
06-18-2006, 05:25 AM
Hi Kenny - I have no idea where you can find those fishes; but just wanna drop in and say hi to you. It's been a while since we last talked...

Take care friend.
Kenny

freewest
06-18-2006, 02:36 PM
Last time I checked http://www.franksaquarium.com/ was selling dario dario in the nano fish section. I haven't ordered from here before though, I've just seen the site as a link from tedsfishroom.com.

good luck
tory

Ryan
06-18-2006, 09:51 PM
I saw the recent article about these guys in one of the magazines, either FAMA or AFM. They look like really neat little fish -- how difficult are they to keep? The article says that they are expensive, but that website lists them for $4.00 each. They're out of stock, though.

Ryan

wheeler
06-19-2006, 12:46 AM
i had a couple of those little guys at one point in time. they were a real treat to have in the tank. the ones that i had seemed to have more of a pronounced candy striping to them and had a bit more brilliant blue pectoral fins.(could just be the picture) i wish that i could find some more of these guys, they might steal the show away from the discus though.

if anyone knows where to get them in ontario, i would apprieciate the heads up.

stilgar2k
06-19-2006, 07:37 PM
It was not that difficult for me to breed them. I had two pairs in a well planted 10G tank with Java Moss and some floating plants with soft water and pH around 6. The frys are quite small, hence the plants and hiding places for the frys and infusoria. I also use powder for the supplement the feeding. I took a couple of batches to a local mom and pop fish store in SF. Since then, I have not seen any. They are striking.

stilgar2k
06-19-2006, 07:42 PM
Franksaquarium list it for $4.00, that's cheap. However, he's out of stock, bummer. I have seen it once in a while on Aquabid but the seller is from Singapore or Thailand. The tranship itself will put a dent on the wallet, making it not worth the cost of shipping.

stilgar2k
06-19-2006, 07:46 PM
Hi Kenny - I have no idea where you can find those fishes; but just wanna drop in and say hi to you. It's been a while since we last talked...

Take care friend.
Kenny

Hi Kenny,
Long time. Discus are doing well. Just got a big batch of German Rams. I am seeing some activities with the discus I bought from you. Looks like the White/Green are pairing. So, what's the word? How are the spotted you got last we chat? Pairing up? What else you got?

I had to cut down a little as I just became a first time dad. Not much time for water changes.;)

Kenny

Kenny's Discus
06-19-2006, 08:30 PM
Hi Kenny,
Long time. Discus are doing well. Just got a big batch of German Rams. I am seeing some activities with the discus I bought from you. Looks like the White/Green are pairing. So, what's the word? How are the spotted you got last we chat? Pairing up? What else you got?

I had to cut down a little as I just became a first time dad. Not much time for water changes.;)

Kenny

Hi Kenny - congrats on your first born and of course you have to put things in priority. For me just the usual...breeding a few pairs, raising a few frys, etc...

Nice seeing you Kenny and good luck raising your rams babies. Now back to the species you're looking for...

Take care,
Kenny