PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone used a fogger in their house ??

troyclark
06-21-2006, 12:17 PM
This may sound like an odd question but I have two dogs and a cat and they have brought fleas in the house. They are a real pain in the neck and I was thinking of using a whole house fogger. I only have one tank upstairs and about 20 more downstairs. Has anyone used a fogger in the house with their tanks. I was thinking of getting some clear plastic and covering the top of each tank and draping the plastic a foot or so down past the top. Should this work ?? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks
Troy

crazie.eddie
06-21-2006, 12:25 PM
It may work, but you also need to cover the air intakes of your air pumps, filters, etc.

mattphish
06-21-2006, 12:29 PM
have water ready for a major water change afterwards just in case.

lhforbes12
06-21-2006, 12:50 PM
Another option is to put damp towels over the tanks. As Ed said, make sure all points of entry are covered too.

Larry

btw yes I have done this, and all fish were fine

RyanH
06-21-2006, 01:00 PM
I would tape the plastic tarp around the base of the tanks or to the stands. I would also definately turn off the air pumps completely.

candyl70
06-21-2006, 03:47 PM
Hey Troy... I asked my vet about this before, and she basically said exactly what Ryan said. Cover the top of the tanks with plastic garbage bags or something similar and turn off your air pumps, and the fish will be fine. :)

troyclark
06-23-2006, 05:25 PM
Thanks for all the replies. I am going to try it and see what happens. I will have 500 gallons of water in storage just in case the fish react. Thanks again.

Troy