PDA

View Full Version : Whatz The BEST Movie You Ever Saw?

Kindredspirit
06-30-2006, 12:14 AM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/5/5_8_9.gif

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/11/11_15_20.gif

Hey Guys ~

What is the best movie you ever saw? What about the worst? What actor do you hate the most? http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/1/1_4_24.gif Your favorite?

Do you have a book that you wish they wld make a movie out of? I do.....

Marie ~ http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/5/5_3_3.gif

Alan
06-30-2006, 01:31 AM
Lord of the Rings - book and movie
Star Wars (4 and 6)
Indiana Jones
Lethal Weapon
Forrest Gump

Chevy Chase and Billy Crystal are supposed to be funny... but they're really boring. Robin Williams is funny.

steve.ryall
06-30-2006, 04:33 AM
My absolute favorite film ever is 'The Time Bandits' by Terry Gilliam

Steve

AmberC
06-30-2006, 07:05 AM
This is a hard one for me because I like a lot of movies, but my favorite changes often. I guess I would have to say that my favorites are the old John Wayne Westerns. Those will never die on me.

Amber

Timbo
06-30-2006, 09:29 AM
Life of Brian
Debbie Does Dallas

Dissident
06-30-2006, 10:01 AM
Movie(s):
Aliens
Exorcist
LOtR

Book(s):
S. King 'Dark Tower' Series

Ryan
06-30-2006, 10:24 AM
I think Nicholas Cage and Keanu Reeves are the worst actors ever. There's so much hype around Nicholas Cage, but he acts like the same dry person in every movie. No matter what role he's in, you always know how he's going to act and sound.

Ryan

Dissident
06-30-2006, 11:02 AM
I think Nicholas Cage and Keanu Reeves are the worst actors ever. There's so much hype around Nicholas Cage, but he acts like the same dry person in every movie. No matter what role he's in, you always know how he's going to act and sound.

Ryan

We should hang out!
I don’t understand the Cage hype, I cannot even think of a good movie he was in. It still amazes me he can find work. And don't get me started on Keanu...

candyl70
06-30-2006, 11:15 AM
I really liked Amelie. I thought it was very creative and loved the story.

I have a lot of favs too... so it's a hard one. I also really liked What Dreams May Come... with Robin Williams. Hmmmm.... what else.... I loved the first Matrix (not really the last 2) LOL... I don't care if Keanu can act or not.... he is HOT!!!!!

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_32_11.gif

I'll have to come back with some more... I can't think of anything else at the moment...

Marie.... you didn't say what book you wanted to be a movie... and what your favs are!!!!

White Worm
06-30-2006, 11:53 AM
Best Movie I have seen with my wife (chick Flick) would have to be Notebook
Best Movie I have seen with my 7 year old (kids) would have to be the new Cars movie.
I like movies with action, old and new war movies. Hard to pick just one.
Worst movie ever was Fargo. GEEZ!

dandestroy
06-30-2006, 11:57 AM
1st matrix
LOTR

but my absolute favorite is The piano (the war movie)

RyanH
06-30-2006, 12:38 PM
The Best: The Empire Strikes Back

Honorable mention: Schindlers List
The Godfather
Dead Poets Society
Pretty much any movie made by the Coen Brothers ( Raising Arizona, O'Brother Where Art Thou?, The Big Lebowski, etc.)

The Worst: Natural Born Killers

Dishonorable mention: About Schmidt
Battlefield Earth
Superman III & IV

Jeckel
06-30-2006, 01:33 PM
Since I love bad movies, the best and worst categories sort of overlap. My favorite, of course, is the immortal "Plan Nine from Outer Space." It manages to be utterly incompetent without a dull moment, which is a unique combination. Other classic turkeys are "The Giant Claw" featuring the most ridiculous monster in movie history (a giant antimatter buzzard from "some God-forsaken galaxy"), and "Robot Monster", featuring a guy in a gorilla suit with a deep-sea diving helmet on his head.

In addition to "Plan Nine", Ed Woods made a number of other films, all of which are just as bad, and incoherent to boot. Possibly the most mind-boggling is the transvestite classic "Glen or Glenda".

Also highly recommended are the Mystery Science Theatre episodes. The worst I have seen so far is "Manos: The Hands of Fate", although "Eegah" is a close runner-up.

Jerry

pcsb23
06-30-2006, 06:05 PM
Dune

Dissident
06-30-2006, 06:41 PM
Dune

SciFi or David Lynch's ?

Westie
07-01-2006, 12:24 AM
Christ Marie! Why don't you ask which star in the sky is the cutest?!
OK here goes:

Comedy-Date Movie (milk out the nose funny)
Kung Pow

Scifi/horror-Empire Strikes Back
Dawn of the Dead (2005)
Mad Max (but with the Max Facts Rolling)

Drama/Action-Saving Private Ryan
Hunt for Red October
Fight Club

Thats all I can think of right now...

Alan
07-01-2006, 02:27 AM
I don’t understand the Cage hype, I cannot even think of a good movie he was in. It still amazes me he can find work.

FYI, Cage is the nephew of Francis Ford Coppola. It helps (a lot) to be connected in showbiz. :p

Kindredspirit
07-01-2006, 07:24 AM
Christ Marie! Why don't you ask which star in the sky is the cutest?!
OK here goes:

Comedy-Date Movie (milk out the nose funny)
Kung Pow

Scifi/horror-Empire Strikes Back
Dawn of the Dead (2005)
Mad Max (but with the Max Facts Rolling)

Drama/Action-Saving Private Ryan
Hunt for Red October
Fight Club

Thats all I can think of right now...

I know!!! I thought that too cuz I have so many as well! Wes I love Dawn Of The Dead! We have that ( ya know that is my real name? Dawn Marie ~ )

I agree with someone down there in that K. Reeves and N. Gage are horrible actors! I also wld add Kevin Costner to that list! Talk about BORING!

Some of my movies I love:

How To Lose A Guy In Ten Days * All the Screams * General's Daughter * Notebook * The Queen Of Blood was the first movie....that and Journey To The Center Of The Earth ....were the first movies I ever saw in the theater:p ...Im old huh?

Anne Rice wrote a book called: The Witching Hour I loved that book! The best book ever as I love all that sh!t!

They need to make a movie! The Devil Loves Prada opens today and that looks good as does The Lady In Water ~ creepy!!!!!!!!!! We love movies here and usually have a bunch coming along!

Marie ~ http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/29/29_2_15.gif

Cosmo
07-01-2006, 10:16 AM
Unforgiven

Luca
07-01-2006, 11:06 AM
Great to see so many liking LOtR as their favourite movies, as you all know the director Peter Jackson is a New Zealander. He does us proud.

I'm going to stick up for Keanu Reeves and Nicholas Cage. It's easy for you to judge and try to bring them down because you yourself do not have the fame and money they do. The good thing is you know what to expect when you see their movies as they always bring a certain style to it. Neo couldn't be much cooler, same with Nick. Their acting ability comes in almost a non-acting sense. It's like they're not trying hard and overacting, so it actually makes them more believable. Just my opinion of course.

Best Movie: Dual (Spielberg's first)
2nd Best Movie: The Jerry Springer Movie
Worst Movie: Napoleon Dynamite